PDA

View Full Version : Beheading of american contractor/Nicholas Berg

The Willow Sword
05-13-2004, 10:51 AM
I dont know if any of the peeps here have been talking about this and if anyone has seen the video of the execution taking place.
i have seen the full video(including the beheading itself) and i have to say that this is a horrible aspect of reality that i hope noone has to ever go through again.
in this video Nicholas berg was just sitting there in an orange jumpsuit and just remained complacent while the 4 masked men read thier fundamentalist BS to the camera. He had his hands tied behind him.

i wont paste a link to the video but suffice it to say that you can go to consumption junction . com and see it there.

It is horrible and i honor Mr berg for his courage till the end. I keep thinking about what I would do if it were me in that situation, no amount of martial arts training i think could ever prepare me for that. i will say that if it was me i wouldnt have been so complacent,,i would be fighting screaming, crapping my pants,,kicking. i would try to make them shoot me instead. id be telling bush to go fuk himself on the camera id be telling the fuggers there reading thier BS to go fuk themselves. i would "burn out" instead of "fade away" in this instance.

i guess now there will be replies to this and maybe we can discuss it here,,,,,i didnt put this in the KF section because i didnt want it to be closed, so i put it here in this forum.

PEACE and above all LOVE,,,,TWS

Serpent
05-16-2004, 06:30 PM
What makes you think he knew he was about to be murdered?

ZIM
05-16-2004, 07:25 PM
Its possible he was drugged. Its also very possible he didn't know a lick of arabic and hadn't a clue. He sure seemed to be a trusting sort of guy. :(

@PLUGO
05-17-2004, 09:47 AM
Well, It would certainly be interesting to see how the dialogue on this particular event could be explored with-in the context of our media saturated society. How effective this sort of "tactic" is with the availablity of rich media online and almost for free. But that's just me...

I haven't seen the video, I've seen still clips and heard transcripts that discribed Mr. Berg's last moments as typically human. Pleading for his murders' mercy and calling out to his family or something to that effect. No-one should be faced with such an end to their life and I wonder if it was made "worse" by "snuff film" aspect of it.

Losttrak
05-17-2004, 10:22 AM
Willow can you send me a link to the video? You have PM'g.

Radhnoti
05-19-2004, 11:17 AM
TWS - "...id be telling bush to go fuk himself on the camera..."

Willow, you are aware that the U.S. didn't draft a single person, right?

I've not seen the video, but from all I've heard it's a terrible thing and my thoughts are with the man's family. Also, I hope his murderer's are brought to justice.

The Willow Sword
05-19-2004, 07:58 PM
Willow, you are aware that the U.S. didn't draft a single person, right?

and are YOU aware that saddam hussein posed NO direct threat to the USA, right?

and are you AWARE that had we gone after the real threats to our national security(ie: saudi arabia and afghanistan) that Osama may well have been captured and or killed now,,right?

are you aware that Nick berg was not a soldier but a contractor sent there to rebuild the d@mn place, right?

and are you aware that if the draft HAD been started up there would have been a HUGE revolution in this country and a massive migration to Canada, right?

hehehe i am going on and on about it but you get my point rad.
i am no supporter of Bush and his DICTATORSHIP,, he is DEFINATELY NOT MY PRESIDENT AND I DEFINATELY DID NOT VOTE FOR HIM. GORE EITHER.

Ben Gash
05-20-2004, 05:24 AM
Willow, your grasp of democratic principle is overwhelming.

The Willow Sword
05-20-2004, 09:11 AM
Actually i really DO have an extensive understanding of democratic principle,,,,,please dont be confused with my OWN sarcasm in my above post.

the last two statements are the sarcastic ones:D

instead of us all getting in to a republican vs democrat vs tree hugging hippi(me)hehe
Lets instead honor this Man who risked his life over there to help rebuild some of the damage caused over there by US.

PEACE,,,TWS

@PLUGO
05-20-2004, 09:35 AM
Not sure on the details but I understand his Family is Sueing the U.S. because Nick Berg was intended to leave for the U.S. some weeks prior. Instead he was Detained by U.S. officials for about 10 days(no reason given?) then disappeared the night after his release only to reappear, for the last time, on film.

MasterKiller
05-20-2004, 09:54 AM
His detention might have something to do with the fact that Moussaui (sp?) used Berg's email account on several occassions, and that Berg had been detained several times in the US for unlawfully scaling radio/TV towers.

@PLUGO
05-21-2004, 10:09 AM
Wasn't Berg's job related to the erecting of such towers? Perhaps an associated apsect of his work in Iraq? odd.

David Jamieson
06-02-2004, 07:29 PM
having seen it, and having worked in an abatoire, I would say that Berg was already dead before he hit the floor.

apparently there is a lot of questionable things about thevideo.

the timing of it's release is not the most questionable aspect either. There are a lot of doubters in re: the flick in question.

definitely Berg is dead and well, it is too bad, he was young.
But I think he knew the risks.

I personally think he was dead before he was beheaded.

regards

red5angel
06-03-2004, 07:35 AM
I believe he was dead before they committed the atrocity on tape. It cuts out form their speech to them holding him on the ground. theirs yelling, but Berg ain't moving and there are only two guys holding him.

Either way, I hope the fukkers burn in nuclear fire.

Kickboxer
06-03-2004, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by red5angel

Either way, I hope the fukkers burn in nuclear fire.

Agreed. But since the Iraqi prisoners incidents are related to this, I think those soldiers also should've received a punishment a bit more severe.