PDA

View Full Version : Cute cool lady and her powerlifting website...

Samurai Jack
05-13-2004, 04:29 PM
Hey I just stumbled across this gal's website while surfing and immedeatly thought of you guys. There's just something right in the world when lovely ladies who aren't 6'4" and on steroids get into power/Oly. lifting.

http://www.stumptuous.com/weights.html

IronFist
05-13-2004, 10:38 PM
I like her squatting article.

IronFist
05-13-2004, 10:57 PM
Her common errors (http://www.stumptuous.com/****diva.html) section is good, too. She has good form.

rubthebuddha
05-14-2004, 08:54 AM
is a pretty good site overall. i'd recommend it to lots of lifters of any gender, particularly those who suffer from bad form to bad etiquette. :)

MasterKiller
05-14-2004, 10:19 AM
WTF is that chick doing on the stair case?

http://www.wsu.edu/athletics/strength/Pictures/pwrclen2.jpg

IronFist
05-14-2004, 10:28 AM
Originally posted by MasterKiller
WTF is that chick doing on the stair case?

http://www.wsu.edu/athletics/strength/Pictures/pwrclen2.jpg

lol!

Samurai Jack
05-14-2004, 01:01 PM
Yeah, I like her overhead squats. I'd like to use 'em on a PTP cycle once I get sick of deads and presses. She looks good doing them too.

Vash
05-14-2004, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by Samurai Jack
She looks good doing them too.

Indeed.

Ford Prefect
05-14-2004, 06:27 PM
OH squats really couldn't take the place of either. I can't oh squat anywhere near what I can press or what I can dl or back/front squat.

Samurai Jack
05-14-2004, 11:07 PM
Yeah, but for hypertrophy systems like the Russian Bear, one of the main concepts is HGH and testosterone release stimulation. Big moves like squats and deadlifts tend to stimulate the greatest response due to the large amount of muscle involved.

Wouldn't it stand to reason that overhead squats might stimulate an even greater response by utilizing even more muscles such as delts, traps, triceps, and through irrideation forearms and biceps than regular squats?

I'm open to critisizim as you guys know way more about this stuff than I do... but it does sound good in theory right?

IronFist
05-15-2004, 12:05 AM
Originally posted by Samurai Jack
Yeah, but for hypertrophy systems like the Russian Bear, one of the main concepts is HGH and testosterone release stimulation. Big moves like squats and deadlifts tend to stimulate the greatest response due to the large amount of muscle involved.

Wouldn't it stand to reason that overhead squats might stimulate an even greater response by utilizing even more muscles such as delts, traps, triceps, and through irrideation forearms and biceps than regular squats?

I'm open to critisizim as you guys know way more about this stuff than I do... but it does sound good in theory right?

This is just an idea, because I don't really know much about this.

You say that OH squats might release more GH and testosterone because they use even more muscles. Well, maybe, but look at the load that each much is performing. When you squat heavy, your legs and core and hamstrings and everything are putting forth a LOT of effort. Doing OH squats won't be nearly as heavy, and therefore might not release as much GH and testosterone.

Cuz if you think about it, walking uses practically every muscle you have, and I don't think walking releases a lot of GH or testosterone, do you?

Ford Prefect
05-15-2004, 06:15 AM
Iron is right. It's all a matter of intensity.

Unless you're complete newbie at lifting, you won't be able to overhead squat anywhere near as much as you can back squat, front squat, or deadlift. You release GH by stimulating large muscle groups with intense exercise. By all means give it a whirl though.

Samurai Jack
06-11-2004, 03:39 PM
Maybe nobody else cares, but I just had to check out Krista's web site again for some deadlift pointers and noticed it was on the verge of deletion. That cannot be!

TTT

IronFist
06-11-2004, 11:40 PM
What's on the verge of deletion? Her site?

Samurai Jack
06-12-2004, 12:04 PM
No, there's only three pages on the board dedicated to training now. I wanted to be able to find it in future 'cause it's been bumped out of the google slot I found it in originally.

Purely selfish and not all that computer savy, I know, but maybe someone hasn't seen her sexy overhead squats yet...