PDA

View Full Version : Houston Cma Exhibition Video

htowndragon
05-15-2004, 09:36 PM
http://206.126.59.165/ocachouston/video/2004/2004_ocac_kunfu_wmv100.wmv

enjoy

The Willow Sword
05-16-2004, 10:09 AM
I watched the whole thing and i have a question about the beginning of the video and the demonstrations of what i believe to be "hsing-i", am i correct in this? If not,,what was all that?

The other question i had about the video is " which ones were the "Teachers" demonstrating?

Peace,,,TWS

Tiger_Yin
05-16-2004, 10:27 AM
that was far from xingyi. Probly southern mantis.. looks pretty bad to me

Starchaser107
05-16-2004, 11:35 AM
i think it's jook lum..southern mantis.
it might look bad but i hear its very effective.

The Willow Sword
05-16-2004, 12:02 PM
some form of fajing training or something like that. kinda weird if you ask me.

Still though,, i would like to know which people in the video are the TEACHERS and Instructors.

PEACE,,,TWS

htowndragon
05-16-2004, 04:54 PM
it was the jook lum of my si gung henry poo yee. about half the people who performed mantis were already a master of another style before becoming his enter the gate student. examples are the guy hwo did the lung ying and pai mei, my sifu who did bagua (he was the one who was doing the tornado kick when the credits roled, he also did chen taiji new frame, the solo one). so in other words, both masters and students were performing. the rest of the people were jsut students. other than paul chu who did choy lay fut.

the mantis uses a short "jing", which makes it look weird. it may be different from gin foon marks or louie jack mans jook lum.

txdragonslayer
05-26-2004, 08:10 PM
hi htowndragon.....so you are a grandson of po yee....wow!!!! w wit your teacher eugene is a disciple awesome!!!!!! so how can we do hands!!!!! hey your bagua form is kinda off...you have the motions but incorrect footwork.....so do you do spm???? and what days do you practise? maybe i can come by and check it out? so do you even know what dip kwut kung is? what about sai moon look hop sow??? can your teacher teach me sop bot bien??/ i am sure he knows it ...he is a disciple right?? and also curly where is master yees school....??? will you be there??? i sure would like to challenge one of his students ...i wouldnt mind touching hands with you either..it would be a delight to gong sow with the grand child of grandmaster henry po yee...so are you the next in lineage after your teacher the disciple? some one told me you do tin si chi kung? wow...!!!!! so i am lookimg forward to getting my butt kicked by you or your teacher!!!!!! do you think master yee is still taking in disciples? can you get me in ..i would like to bai si??? well curly my fingers are starting to cramp up...besides why do you waste so much time on the internet,,..you could spend a little more time practising your spm or chi kung.........well i will check up in a few hours set up a meeting ok please thanks bye.....oh by the way the first form in the video is hard chi kung to build iron body ( som bo fung ngon choi) second form is som bo gin then there is um dimkuen to then there is siem kuen to lo then there was 108 not bad

well se you around i will be looking for you curly...and i am going to talk to master henry po yee about your lineage to jooklum ok bye

htowndragon
05-26-2004, 08:30 PM
whos curly?

that wasn't me, that was my si di. i never said i was si gung yee's grandson. my sifu was one of his last enter the gate students. i live in colorado, i wasn't there as much as i wanted to be.

who are you? you seem to know a lot about si gung yee, who my sifu is, and sounds like your trying to threaten me with something.

txdragonslayer
05-26-2004, 11:17 PM
sorry h town dragon whom lives in colorado but studies under eugene....which by the ways resides in houston texas....dont mean to make you feel threaten.......who cares where or who you learn from.....just wanted to talk hands with you....just want to be fun...exchanging punches...i mean why do we learn kung fu?/ for excercise..hell noooo man we learn kung fu is to kick some ass ..break some ribs,,,,,,dont you get the rush from caving in someones skull......yeahhhh...no hey curly i just really into those spm dudes.....they trip me out.....have a deep yearning to study this mantis stuff......peace ok hey but if you do decide to throw a few punches let me know!!!! i will be there asap...... well hope you someday will be 6TH or is it &th generaton gandmaster for real go after your dreams.....oh yeh can you give me addresse for the spm school and phone#.......or better yet what day are the real fighters there?

humble-one
05-27-2004, 01:36 AM
What are the applications of all those little shufling movements?
the throws looked good but some of it just looked like it was trying too hard to look like a matis and not to fight.
i do northern 7 star and it looked very different from that.

Chin Chung Cao
05-27-2004, 04:32 AM
Hello txdragonslayer, I would have rather taken this to you directly but for some reason you have chosen not to take direct e-mail's from this forum. Most of the people on the tape are young student's of CKFA and you really dont want to waste your time with them, I'm sure it wont improve your reputation. On the other hand your more then welcome to try my hand if your ever in the Pa. area. I have a few more years with CKFA then most of these people and I'm sure you'd enjoy touching hand's with me, it would be so much more rewarding and satisfying for you. I really don't like throwing this kind of crap out on an open forum because people like you never seem to be able to do anthing other then make excuses for never showing. Anyway, feel free to stop in and see me anytime:
Paul Huber
404 River Corner Rd.
Conestoga, Pa. 17516

Lost Oath
05-27-2004, 07:15 AM
Hello,

I am also a student of CKFA from Israel.

For me, this is the first time I've seen US students do Jook Lum and it was very exciting.

If any of you can upload some more CKFA demo videos I'd be more then graceful.

Xdr4g0nx
05-27-2004, 01:23 PM
wow those kids in the red pants were kewl. was that wushu?

norther practitioner
05-27-2004, 01:39 PM
Yeah, that was wushu...

What an annoying demo video.. too choppy, as in if you are going to show someone doing something, don't wait for them to get a tenth in, then cut to something else, then cut back.

Shen Zhou
05-27-2004, 01:50 PM
Hey Htown Dragon thanks for the video I really enjoyed it. Tell Blondel, Paul, and Sam when you see them there Seven Star Mantis Brothers in Fort Worth Said Hello. Hope to see them all at the Chin Woo this year.

Shen Zhou

David
05-27-2004, 02:52 PM
txdragonslayer, i haven't watched the clip yet and I can already tell u are an *******.

-David

TheBlackDragons
05-27-2004, 03:19 PM
Henery poo yee does eclectic spm Mantis
It does not resemble any traditional Jook LUM

htowndragon
05-28-2004, 12:16 AM
txdragon slayer

i am a native of houston, and only lived in colorado for a year. ask my sifu since you "obviously know him", i go back every xmas to see my sifu and friends. if you have nothing else to say then shut up.

you can verify with paul huber, i have talked to him through email.

htowndragon
05-28-2004, 07:26 PM
remember how i told you a lot of those people were a master in another style already? well im sure they can hold their own against txdragonslayer. i think their jook lum has some of their own "flavor" to it. sifu told me that southern mantis in bagua have a lot in common. to everyone- never be fooled of the outside kung fu, the true kung fu is on the inside. until you touch hands with these people dont past judgement.

fiercest tiger
05-28-2004, 10:11 PM
Thanks for the clip!

Who was doing the Bak Mei form near the end?

FT

txdragonslayer
05-30-2004, 06:33 PM
sorry didnt mean to **** any one off!!!!!! sifu yee is a very close friend of mine ...and i have the upper most respect for him.......eclectic or not..he is one of the best and probably one of the last links to authentic nam kuen,,,,,,,,,,,i was just upset at curly for speaking in behath of ckfa.............i myself will stick my life out and take any challenges in behalf of ckfa and grandmaster poo yee....just dont like someone trying to instigate or putting challenges up for ckfa....i spoke with grandmaster yee today and he thinks its a joke that kid??? a punk was his direct quote would write crap like this on the internet......another keyboard warrior.....i am not mad anymore.....but curly quit speaking for the federation since your not even remotely related to it........and paul huber!!!!!!! no means to push your buttons either....i have the upper most respect for you...and sifu yee always says you are on of his best students ...........but thanks for looking out for the federation................we are on the same page and the same team........i just started to train spm......but i sacrifice my life for anyone who tries to screww with yee fong jung mun and his federation..........if anyone wants to gong sao with the houston boys.......please tell me first.....when and what day and i will be there..........cause you will have to go threw me b4 you can even touch grandmaster yee.....or any of his enter the gate students........i wish i could only be his student....but i am not...but one day maybe.....i love this man with all my heart and soul.........again sorry guys if i ****ed on anyones ego ...i apologize...just please dont talk for ckfa .........the federation has their own official spokesperson,,,i guy named abe i think.....well gots to go sorry for any miss understandings....take care.....hok moy keng sun.......li yi jung oy..... adios

htowndragon
05-30-2004, 07:13 PM
txdragonslayer-

i merely posted a link on here for everyone to see. my sifu HOSTED the exhibition, i think i can post a link for him cant i?

i never claimed to be a representative of CKFA, and i know that abraham who has been training with si gung yee for 10 years and goes to rice university is the official spokesperson. he was the one who did "108 siem kuen" in the video.

i am not a joke, i am eugene chou's tudi and si gung yee has met me, htough he might not know me by name, since you know him tell him to tell his student eugene chou that you said that eugene chous tudi has been "represnting CKFA" on these forums. i have not represented the CKFA in any way shape or form.

i have emailed my sifu, and he says YOU are the joke, maybe there has been a misunderstanding, but no where in my post did i say i represent CKFA in anyway shape or form, i merely stated that si gung yee was my si gung because my sifu eugene chou happens to be one of his enter the gate students.

my sifu has requested me to stop posting on these forums for people like you who come up here flaming a harmless post.

again, my sifu through the "internal martial arts development society" and ernie wu hosted the exhibition, i have every right to post this link. even if he didn't host it, it isn't against the law to post this link anyway.

for your information, i was the one who wrote the english program for the exhibition, as well as the english translation of the chinese flyer. i helped with the exhibition, and i promoted it. i had my si di print out the flyers and place them at bellaire high school in houston,tx and a few people from my school showed up to watch.

htowndragon
05-30-2004, 07:41 PM
check your PM

Chin Chung Cao
05-31-2004, 05:15 AM
No problem, texdragonslayer. I just get a little upset from time to time with keyboard warrior's running their mouths about my Sifu. Most of the one's who do the complinaing have never met Sifu Yee face to face and know nothing of what he teaches. They just blindly repeat something some other nobody said or they heard over the net. My door is always open to these people that have doubt's about my Sifu's teaching. After all, the hand does not lie, you either have it or you don't. I have made a lot of mistake's with my teacher over the year's, but I dont want him to have to question my loyalty to him and CKFA. It's nice to hear that there are others who have his back. No problem between you and I. By the way' Sifu hates this internet crap and gets hyper when anyone mentions it to him.
Paul Huber:)

David
06-01-2004, 09:07 AM
Enjoyed that clip.

There seemed to be plenty of power in the mantis arms though it looked strange from my Chow Gar perspective. If I can be a little critical, the knees seemed a little lacking intent and some of the form also lacked intent so it looked slightly like they were playing mantids just for the sake of mimicry rather than fighting.

Still, I ain't complaining - it's not like I've ever done a demo. Not sober, anyway ;)

Rgds,
David