PDA

View Full Version : Any Wing Chun Schools, Sifus, or Students in Minneapolis/St Paul area?

steelpagoda
05-17-2001, 09:52 PM
I am 23 years old and have been intrigued by the martial arts my entire life. I grew up in a very small town, where the closest martial arts school, of any style, was 45 miles away. Needless to say, my parents never had the time to drive me that far several times a week. To get to the point, I recently moved to the Minneapolis/St. Paul area of Minnesota. I've decided to start training in the martial arts, and have been leaning towards Wing Chun Kung Fu. However, I haven't been able to find any schools in the area (or the entire state for that matter). Does anyone know of any WC schools, instructors, or students in the Twin Cities area? Also, I have found a couple of Shaolin Kung Fu schools nearby. How does the Shaolin style compare to Wing Chun, and would it be a recommended style if I cannot find a WC school in the area? Many thanks in advance!

WongFeHung
05-18-2001, 04:28 PM
you have a rare opportunity to train with Grandmaster Gin Foon Mark of the Southern Praying Mantis style. It has many similarities to wing chun, very close infighting, highly developed inch power, chi-sao, trapping,highly agressive.

[Censored]
05-31-2001, 07:29 PM
I do know that there is traditional WC in Minneapolis/St Paul, as I met one of the instructors at a seminar a few weeks ago. Sorry, I do not have his contact information.