PDA

View Full Version : basic shaolin form

Shaolin101
05-17-2004, 11:49 AM
Does anyone know the name of this basic Shaolin sequence.
Some of the moves are

Stand at attention
Left foot moves to the left, head turns to the left
inner circular block to forward stance
right hand reverse punch
kick, punch, land in horse stance, punch
jump up, land feet together, knees bent, right fist strikes left palm
jump, twist to face other direction,land in horse stance, punch, other hand above head.

Cant remember the rest, but think it had palm strikes and low back stance with crane beak to the back and other hand palm to centre.

MasterKiller
05-17-2004, 12:03 PM
Does it look like this?

http://www.geocities.com/wushugungfu/wubuchuan.html

Shaolin101
05-17-2004, 12:30 PM
no, although i have done that one! it doesnt go into that low cross stance (what i know as seven star stance)

will try to think if i can describe it any better.

Thanks for this though - never knew what it was called. Should it actually say five stap form, or is it five step form?

MasterKiller
05-17-2004, 12:45 PM
Wu = 5
Bu = Stance
Chuan = Fist

5-Stance fist.

Pk_StyLeZ
05-17-2004, 06:43 PM
oooooooooooo i know dis form
hes talkin bout lin huan chang (spelling i don know)
da 2nd form lost shaolin people learn

jump up, land feet together, knees bent, right fist strikes left palm

that the hammer fist move rite??

and the rest goes something like this
step up turn to other side push push go to pubo pose..go bak to forwad stance grab pull and strike and kick and gung bo push...turn around other drection stomp gung bo double fist punch..stomp gung bo double fist punch again...slap kick into elbow strike gung bo..go other gung bo stab dwn..and shi bo pose (weeeeee) and finish
soemting like dat..i was typing fast and didnt proofread

Scythefall
05-17-2004, 08:29 PM

That form is called Gong Fu Chu'an and just happens to be the form Shi Xingwei started us on Friday. Hopefully, we'll finish it up this week. It's a basic form just like Shaohong Chu'an.

Pk_StyLeZ
05-17-2004, 09:01 PM
gung fu chang...hmmmmm
i hear there are many versions of dis form....but the gung fu chang form i know dat was taught to me by master shi xing ying doesnt start off with a inner circular block to gung bo....

maybe if u have time..u can dwnload this video
http://www.americaneuropeanshaolin.com/vids/trailer3.wmv
it has lin huan form in it
from wat i can understand and wat u described..im pretty sure it is the beginning of lin huan form...this video shows the other part of lin huan form dat u didnt describe

Shaolin Dude
05-17-2004, 10:42 PM
Originally posted by MasterKiller
Wu = 5
Bu = Stance
Chuan = Fist

5-Stance fist.

is that really a form? is it a traditional fighting form? cuz it looks more like wushu

MasterKiller
05-18-2004, 06:32 AM
It's a modern form a lot of schools use for beginners.

Shaolinlueb
05-18-2004, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by MasterKiller
It's a modern form a lot of schools use for beginners.

it is a very good form for learning teh basic stances. we use a variant that after the catstance, you spin all the way down into xopan (snake stance) then up to ding bu, do some arm thing, cross behind zabu (sneaking stance) and lift knee to bowstance, then finish. very good form.

Shaolin101
05-18-2004, 01:23 PM
I'm pretty sure it is lian huan - i may have learnt some minor differences but it is nearly exact. thanks for all the help.

Pk_StyLeZ
05-18-2004, 07:47 PM
im pretty sure it is too
every shaolin monk or most shaolin monks and teachers teaches the form a different a way or does it differently a little bit
and u are welcome
=)

David Jamieson
05-19-2004, 11:06 AM
man! that's a short form!

Even the shortest of the bsl forms i have learned is ten x longer than that and the short forms are reputedly for getting a breather in the middle of your workout!

even lin bo kuen is longer.

When were such forms begun. I mean the stances look good and the rest is all good, but they seem really short in my experience with the Shaolin fist methods.

shaolinlueb- your cannonfist form is way longer than that. is that how you started with these short ones?

cheers

MasterKiller
05-19-2004, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by Kung Lek
man! that's a short form! You talking about Wu Bu Chuan? It's short, but we practice it on both sides. We have another form called Bo Stance Variations that we use for beginners as well. It's similar to Wu Bu Chuan, except it's got a break fall routine on the end.

norther practitioner
05-19-2004, 11:21 AM
Thats where the question of where does a stance drill end and a form begin.

Shaolinlueb
05-20-2004, 05:07 AM
Originally posted by Kung Lek
man! that's a short form!

Even the shortest of the bsl forms i have learned is ten x longer than that and the short forms are reputedly for getting a breather in the middle of your workout!

even lin bo kuen is longer.

When were such forms begun. I mean the stances look good and the rest is all good, but they seem really short in my experience with the Shaolin fist methods.

shaolinlueb- your cannonfist form is way longer than that. is that how you started with these short ones?

cheers

first form i leanred was like that wushu ish 5 stance form but modified like i explained above. the cannon form 2 i posted up is short compared to the first one. yes after the frist form we go right to yil duan chang chuan like posted on jiayo but with some modifications.

GeneChing
05-21-2004, 02:27 PM
In anticipation of this thread, I asked Shaolin monk Shi Xinghao to address some of the basic core forms of Songshan Shaolin in the Shaolin Special 2004 (http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/magazine/article.php?article=500). He shows the first line of 6 fundamental forms and discusses their role in the system. Additionally, Hengxin shows his complete Wubu quan form in another article.

The answers are out there...:cool:

Scythefall
05-21-2004, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by Pk_StyLeZ
gung fu chang...hmmmmm
i hear there are many versions of dis form....but the gung fu chang form i know dat was taught to me by master shi xing ying doesnt start off with a inner circular block to gung bo....

maybe if u have time..u can dwnload this video
http://www.americaneuropeanshaolin.com/vids/trailer3.wmv
it has lin huan form in it
from wat i can understand and wat u described..im pretty sure it is the beginning of lin huan form...this video shows the other part of lin huan form dat u didnt describe

Yeah, Gong Fu Chu'an starts from ready into a left hand outside block in a horsestance, then shifts into a forward stance-reverse punch..kick-punch, etc...

I just figured since the original poster seemed to be unsure of what he was actually practicing, it was possible he had the moves incorrect.

As for whether "Gong Fu Chu'an" is part of a larger form, I haven't really asked. Later.

Pk_StyLeZ
05-21-2004, 09:35 PM
like i said..i heard there are many version of gung fu chang..and the gung fu chang i know doesnt start with inner circular block mabu into gung bo..and many others i seen doesnt start like this either..but as i said..gung fu chang is not a truly tradtional form..it is more of a form for performance show wise of basic moves.....atleast that is my theory.....and i tink my theory is correct...because shi xing ying taught me one way..and i was watchin shi yan feng do some form and i asked him wat form is that..and he said his group gung fu chang back in china when he went on tours..so yeah

Pk_StyLeZ
06-10-2004, 08:18 PM
this is the kung fu chang form i know..but it a little bit different at the end...we have a tornado kick fall dwn and the the famous e hahaha gray bo pose at the end of ours instead

http://www.seculardisciple.com/mv5.html

and click on shaolin ji ti quan (part one)

Originally posted by Scythefall

That form is called Gong Fu Chu'an and just happens to be the form Shi Xingwei started us on Friday. Hopefully, we'll finish it up this week. It's a basic form just like Shaohong Chu'an.

Starchaser107
06-10-2004, 08:31 PM
cool

Royal Dragon
06-12-2004, 12:28 PM
Hmmm, Nice clip of the Emperor's 32 move form on that page!!!

Pk_StyLeZ
06-12-2004, 07:03 PM
??
wat is emperor 32 move form??
which video did u click on for it?

Originally posted by Royal Dragon
Hmmm, Nice clip of the Emperor's 32 move form on that page!!!

Royal Dragon
06-12-2004, 07:16 PM
Oops sorry,
It's more commonly known as the Tai Tzu Chang Chuan. It's the first clip on the page.

The clip only shows the first section of it though.

Pk_StyLeZ
06-12-2004, 08:58 PM
ooo dat form
shaolin traditional long fist
i love dat form
ya dat likeonly the first section of it
it a cool form
so hard though

Royal Dragon
06-13-2004, 07:44 AM
I do the form on both sides, It's really good to build your endurance. If you do it slowly and ultra relaxed, like a Taiji Quan set, it's really good for building your energy too. I think it's better for that than the Yang style forms of the same length for sure.