PDA

View Full Version : The Ashida Kim fight video...

Pages : [1] 2 3

PHILBERT
05-17-2004, 02:28 PM
Here it is ladies and gentleman, the legendary Ashida Kim fight video for free.

http://www.fightauthority.com/akf_player.htm

IronFist
05-17-2004, 02:43 PM
He fought? Is that the $10,000 challenge thing or is that something else?

red5angel
05-17-2004, 02:44 PM
which one is ashida kim and what's the deal with the space man refereeing the fight?

IronFist
05-17-2004, 02:46 PM
So that's what ninjitsu looks like?

IronFist
05-17-2004, 02:47 PM
Can we have a little more background info on this?

Chang Style Novice
05-17-2004, 02:48 PM
It looks like a local amatuer 'pro-wrestling' bout to me. Basically, a semi-impovised two-man set with goofy costumes.

red5angel
05-17-2004, 03:02 PM
It looks like a local amatuer 'pro-wrestling' bout to me. Basically, a semi-impovised two-man set with goofy costumes

I'm not seeing that at all. Look slike a good full contact match to me. Some clean throws, some nice shots, even some of the big ones. I know the guys reputation is screwy but it looks like a good fight.

the only thing I find a little odd is that he keeps doing the same sort of throw from the same corner.

Becca
05-17-2004, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by IronFist
So that's what ninjitsu looks like?
Yep. That's what ninjitsu looks like in a match fight. That was an excelent match, IMHO. It illistrated the strengths of both styles well. It also made ninjitsu's weak blocking very obvious.

The shirtless guy would not have been thrown so much if he'd realized that "Kim" is typical of his style, and so has limited stand-up skills but can have lots of fun with any appendage that is left hanging out there. Shirtless kept getting killed with all those high side and front kicks. Very nice creasant to the back of Kim's neck, though.

IronFist
05-17-2004, 04:30 PM
Ok, that was choreographed.

1. Spaceman ref.

2. The flying drop kick

3. The Ken and Ryu from Street Fighter II type rolling throws that happened twice when AK was in the lower right corner (I'm assuming AK was the guy in the ninja suit).

If it were real, however, I would give AK props for wearing a ninja outfit to a tournament.

IronFist
05-17-2004, 04:33 PM
This post on AK's new forum kind of talks about that video:

http://p206.ezboard.com/fashidakimmessageboardsfrm2.showMessage?topicID=66 .topic&index=9

But he doesn't say anything about it really.

I see AK is still up to his old name calling and insulting posts.

Mantidland
05-17-2004, 05:27 PM
Fake

Dim Wit Mak
05-17-2004, 06:21 PM
With the limited information I have, it looks at least like there is some substance to Mr. Kim. I know some guys who are all talk. It's refreshing to see a guy who can combine some lightning with the thunder.

Shaolinlueb
05-17-2004, 07:41 PM
push into the ropes, sidekick into the chest. that was pretty.

Shaolinlueb
05-17-2004, 07:48 PM
ashida kim is white? wtf..... LOL

Xebsball
05-17-2004, 07:52 PM
id like to see that astronaut guy in white fighting too

PHILBERT
05-17-2004, 07:57 PM
I thought he was a Ghostbuster. I thought the white guy without a shirt was Ashida Kim, but upon closer inspection, you can somewhat see the Black Dragon Society logo on the back of the shirt.

Xebsball
05-17-2004, 07:58 PM
Count Dante is back? :eek:

PHILBERT
05-17-2004, 08:02 PM
Where have you been Xebby? Ashida Kim has been butt humping Count Dante for years, claiming he is a member of the Black Dragon Society as well.

Xebsball
05-17-2004, 08:13 PM
i dont care man :mad:
for me only true Black Dragon Society is from Count Dante, the deadliest man... dead... hmm...

PHILBERT
05-17-2004, 08:20 PM
Well, I was merely explaining why Ashida "has" a Black Dragon Society shirt on in that video.

Xebsball
05-17-2004, 09:04 PM
Its okay as long as you get straight who the real Black Dragon Society crew is, man :mad:

Dim Wit Mak
05-17-2004, 09:10 PM
Will someone enlighten me as to what Count Dante had in mind as far as the lineage of the Black Dragon Fighting Society? Did he have any senior students or anything like that who were to carry things on when he was gone?

Supervillian
05-18-2004, 12:02 AM
God I hope nobody actually thought that was real ninjutsu! No, that is not what ninjutsu looks like in a fight! There is not even a hint of taijutsu in the movements of the "ninja" in that clip.

I am sure that most people know that Ashida Kim is a joke....but, for those who have not been to a real ninpo class, please do not assume that was ninjutsu.

I was waiting for the referee to fly away on his jetpack:)

blooming lotus
05-18-2004, 12:41 AM
waiting for the download...respecting Ashida Kim before I even heard his name here...

gimme a few secs......

cerebus
05-18-2004, 12:43 AM
When John Keehan (aka Count Dante) died in 1975, he left the Black Dragon Fighting Society to his top student William Aguiar of Fall River Massachusetts.

His previous "top student" who WOULD have inherited it was Jim Koncevic. Koncevic was stabbed to death in '69 or '70 during the so-called "Dojo Wars" in Chicago when Dante's Black Dragons raided the Green Dragon Society's Black Cobra Training Hall.

Currently, Aguiar's son Bill Aguiar the 3rd is running the BDFS.

blooming lotus
05-18-2004, 12:46 AM
ok...so he was probably having half an off day...but definate ninjutsu feet...check that gap bridging slide ....also loving his easy throws and speed when executing....alleged paedophilia aside....props from me...

p

cerebus
05-18-2004, 12:47 AM
PS: If that "Ashida Kim" fight vid is recent, it's NOT "Kim". Ashida Kim is a caucasian named Christopher Hunter who decided around 1980 to make some money off the Ninja mystique and the info contained in a copy of the book "World's Deadliest Fighting Secrets" by Count Dante.

His first book "Book of The Ninja" came out around 1980 or so and in the photo of him in the back he looks to be in his late 20s to early 30s. He's probably in his 50s by now (hence his boy wearing the mask during the fight).

blooming lotus
05-18-2004, 12:55 AM
wo budong...I don't undestand...why is it not possible that the guy in the clip is not Kim???

cerebus
05-18-2004, 01:41 AM
What do you mean "why is it not possible that the guy in the clip is not Kim ???"

Not only IS it possible that it's not him, I'd say it's very LIKELY that it's not him. For one thing, he's a fairly old guy now. Not many 50 year olds doin' that stuff. For another, the guy in the clip looks pretty solid and filled out, Chris Hunter is rather small (I've seen many pics of him and even saw a pic of him among a group of his students, he's the smallest guy in the pic, kinda "petite").

Oh, and he's not a "Ninja". Never has been, never will be (not in any authentic ryuha at least).

Internal Boxer
05-18-2004, 05:13 AM
Can't believe some of you thought that was good, its was just TKD slap tag............................sh.ite

cerebus
05-18-2004, 05:18 AM
Hey! That's not true!....There were a couple of WWF style throws in there as well, heh, heh, heh. :D :D

red5angel
05-18-2004, 07:20 AM
LOL! I love some of the mindless posting. The fight itself didn't look that bad, period. There is no debate about it cause your watching it. It wasn't ultimate fighting, but there was a some solid and regular contact and the fighters looked to be under control most of the time. The fact that it might have been ashida kim (by the wat I don't see a date on the film so assuming its recent might be wrong) doesn't change the fact that the fight was a pretty good fight for a sport type venue. hell even if it was choreographed it still wasn't too bad.

MasterKiller
05-18-2004, 08:07 AM
It did look like there were some solid hits landing. I doubt any of the KF people here would do much better in the ring.

What's the problem with the ref? He's wearing a camcorder helmet and a VCR pack to tape the fight. It looks like standard skydiving gear.

red5angel
05-18-2004, 08:22 AM
What's the problem with the ref? He's wearing a camcorder helmet and a VCR pack to tape the fight.

Before that video and your pointing it out, I had no idea what the hell he was wearing, I just thought it was some cooky costume.

Chang Style Novice
05-18-2004, 08:29 AM
Mmm...cookies...

I guess I better go look at that video again to see what you guys are seeing. Maybe I just couldn't get past the wierd togs and that same tomoe throw happening over and over.

IronFist
05-18-2004, 08:37 AM
The fact that the ref is wearing a vcr might mean the fight is old, back when Ashida Kim was younger.

Oh, btw, to anyone who doesn't know, Ashida Kim = Christopher Hunter = White guy using asian name to sell ninja books. Except he messed up and used a Japanese first name and a Korean last name. Oops.

Other fun facts:

1. "Ashida Kim's" first book was published under the name Christopher Hunter. It has pics of him in it.

2. Other AK books have pics of AK in them, and he looks just like CH.

3. I don't know if it still is, but www.ashidakim.com used to be registered to Christopher Hunter

ShaolinTiger00
05-18-2004, 09:08 AM
Some clean throws

lmao!!

those throws were OBVIOUSLY cooperative to anybody with a smidge of throwing expereince.

Shaolinlueb
05-18-2004, 10:01 AM
the ref is wearing a video camera strapped to his helmet.

FatherDog
05-18-2004, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by blooming lotus
waiting for the download...respecting Ashida Kim before I even heard his name here...

Why does that not surprise me?

Originally posted by ShaolinTiger00
lmao!!

those throws were OBVIOUSLY cooperative to anybody with a smidge of throwing expereince.

ST00 has viciously tomoe-nage'd the correct, then proceeded to shove it seven feet backwards into the rope and hit it with a flying dropkick.

This is obviously a choreographed match and anyone stating otherwise doesn't know what a non-choreographed match looks like.

The Willow Sword
05-18-2004, 11:15 AM
Originally Quoted by Red5angel.

I'm not seeing that at all. Look slike a good full contact match to me. Some clean throws, some nice shots, even some of the big ones. I know the guys reputation is screwy but it looks like a good fight.

The fight itself didn't look that bad, period. There is no debate about it cause your watching it. It wasn't ultimate fighting, but there was a some solid and regular contact and the fighters looked to be under control most of the time. The fact that it might have been ashida kim (by the wat I don't see a date on the film so assuming its recent might be wrong) doesn't change the fact that the fight was a pretty good fight for a sport type venue

"There's a sucker born every minute:rolleyes: "

hehe PEACE,,,TWS

blooming lotus
05-18-2004, 07:31 PM
ok..you're probably right...I would expect AK to be much better myself...not due to the bod though, I know plenty of 50 + er hunnys with bods...laugh if you must...while we're driving away and you're going WTF??!!:confused:

;)

scotty1
05-19-2004, 05:05 AM
wtf?:D

cerebus
05-19-2004, 05:13 AM
I hafta admit, many of BL's posts have me sayin' "WTF?". 'Course that's usually 'cause she can't write very well, but I guess she's not alone there. :p

dodger87
05-19-2004, 08:02 AM
This Ashida Kim guy is really annoying, he keeps deleting posts and banning people who have opinions and questions of their own who aren't Bullshido trolls. And all this time he complains that Bullshido doesn't allow him and his crew to have opinions of their own.

red5angel
05-19-2004, 08:02 AM
TWS and Fatherdog - I didn't say it wasn't choreographed, I even said I thought it was odd the same throw was being done in the same corner, a sure sign it most likely was - however, any idiot stating emphatically that this fight is obviously choreographed is, well an idiot. I've seen plenty fo fights, not hard in this day and age with oh I don't know cable tv, the internet, you know all that crazy technology. I'm also not going to bow to peer pressure on this and assume the this fight just HAS to be fake so I can impress all my KFO freinds with my hatred in fellowship of Ashida Kim ;)
Ultimately, my bet is it is somewhere in between. Some of it looks choreographed, some of it does not.

SanShou Guru
05-19-2004, 09:10 AM
Demo boubt but not coreographed at least not fully.

Here is a great example of a demo bout that looked real to some. Albert Pope (Red/Black) vs. Duncan Duffin (Red/Gold).

Round 1 (http://www.boston-kickboxing.com/pope1.htm)

Round 2 (http://www.boston-kickboxing.com/pope2.htm)

Round 3 (http://www.boston-kickboxing.com/pope3.htm)

Files are around 4 mb so can take a while to load.

Here (http://martialarts.about.com/b/a/028004.htm) is another link to anotehr angle and it is a single .avi file. Click on "here is a link".

IronFist
05-19-2004, 02:10 PM
AK works like this. If you tell him that video is choreographed, he will say something like "You idiots demand footage, I give it to you, and you say it's fake! I'm all done playing your games" or something like that.

The AK formula is this:

Person: (asks AK a question)

AK: (gives a stupid answer)

Person: (tells AK why his answer is false or why he is lying)

AK: (insults and accusations of disbelief and "you will try to discredit anything I say because you have a personal grudge against me")

Person: (points out the obvious flaws in what AK says)

AK: (bans the person from his board)

Where's IHAK?

Becca
05-19-2004, 03:31 PM
Kim repeteing things is more a sign of a limited repetoire than coriography. Shirtless had a bit of a limited one, too. 75% of his moves were high kicks. This isn't fake; it's just not professional.

blooming lotus
05-19-2004, 10:38 PM
I'm not real convinced it weas coreographed myself...........

how much do you folks really know about AK???

regardless of what else there is to say...I've read his manuals, done comparisons and tried techs his way vs whatever, and the guy is a good ninjitsu stylist.....can't open the clips , but it'll take a seriously tradgic piece of work to convince me otherwise

I Hate Ashida Kim
05-19-2004, 11:06 PM
BL, AK is NOT legit. He may be able to fight, and he may know good techniques, but what he does is NOT ninjitsu (or ninjutsu or however you want to spell it).

That being said, all his "techniques" come from like Army field manuals and stuff.

Not only does AK claim to be Koga ryu, but the Koga ryu doesn't exist any more. The last master and his top student died in a car crash in the 50's or something.

AK cannot prove ANY lineage whatsoever to Koga or any other ninjutsu ryu.

Whereas Japan recognizes Masaaki Hatsumi as the Grandmaster of Togakure-ryu ninjutsu, and Hatsumi has all the scrolls that have been passed to him, Japan does not recognize AK as the grandmaster of anything, NOR does AK have any scrolls from any ninjutsu ryu.

AK claims his teacher was "Shendai," but he won't say anything else. Claiming mystic people as your teacher who are "so secret you can't tell their real name" is a sure sign of BS.

Ashida Kim is really Chris Hunter.

He is caucasion.

Ashida is a Japanese name.

Kim is a Korean name.

A white guy with a Japanese first name and Korean last name? I don't think so. Can you say "marketing ploy to sell books?"

On his board in the past, he has claimed that "Chris Hunter is his friend." The site used to be registered to Christopher Hunter, but I don't know if it still is. His pic has appeared in his books, and Christopher Hunter's pics have appeared in his book, and guess what, they're the same person.

AK also has a "$10,000 challenge" where you have to pay $10,000 to fight him, but with all his rules and conditions it ends up being more like $50,000. Of course, people have made challenges before, but he always comes up with excuses.

You say you've read his material. That alone should be enough to convince you that it's crap if you're even decently familiar with the martial arts in general. If you're familiar with ninjutsu then you should KNOW that it's crap.

He uses Chinese terms in his books for crying out loud. Ninjutsu is not now, nor was it ever, a Chinese art. There would never be Chinese terms in Ninjutsu.

More crap from AK's books:

In one book (Iron Body Ninja, perhaps?) he claims that "Thai boxers cut nerve endings in their shins so they can kick without pain." That's such a load of crap. Thai boxers don't cut nerve endings. What a *******.

In another book (or maybe it's the same one, I forget) he puts the Highlander (tv show) theme song at the end like it's some poem that he wrote. What a *******. I hope they sue him for copyright violation.

Do you need more proof that he's full of crap? Please let's keep this discussion going.

blooming lotus
05-19-2004, 11:12 PM
I don't care where he's from or where his learnt his techs or what other stlyes he doers or doesn't know...I know what I've seen, I know what i've read and i know how they stack side - by- side

YinYangDagger
05-19-2004, 11:14 PM
Ok, ok I admit it. I've been reading this thread for a couple of days now and have to throw my 2 cents in...

I trained with the guy personally back in 1998. I was actually a guest at his house for like 5 days. The dude is a really good martial artist. Now don't get me wrong, he is kinda weird, but he can fight pretty darn well. On his wall, there is something written in Japanese (or Chinese - can't read either one) and several pictures of him with some Japanese guy. In one particular photo is AK (promised I wouldn't ever say his real name - and it's NOT what everyone thinks it is) with the Japanese guy and they are up on a hill with Tokyo in the background. He said it was his sensei. In another photo he is being thrown by the same Japanese guy and both of them have those strange "ninja tabi" like shoes on. I asked him why he never published his sensei's pictures or put them on the website and he said that he had nothing to prove to anyone and his sensei never wanted him to let people know that he taught anyone martial arts, and he doesn't exploit his sensei out of respect. Now I think this was BEFORE all the AK bashing began, I only started reading his message board like 3 years ago. I asked about the photos because I never remembered seeing his sensei in any books, etc.

He's really good at jujutsu-type locks and very strong for his size. For instance when he would grab me for some lock or something sometimes he left like bruise marks, and I don't easily bruise. I'm not saying what he did was magical or chi or whatever, but just stating he's very strong, at least his grip is.

One weird story is there was this woman that was living with him. She NEVER came out of her room except to get something out of the fridge. We would talk for HOURS and then he would go into the room, have some type of conversation with her, then come back out. This woman was HOT. I mean really HOT. But for days I would not see her, and I was there the entire five days. We never went anywhere. It was a spooky situation. I mean she never came out to even eat! I would get up around 7 a.m., and we would BS a while at night and go to bed around midnight, but she NEVER came out.

OK, I'm not a member of his organization, I haven't even spoken to him in like 4 years, so don't start bashing me (I might bash back :D ), but I just wanted to share this with everyone. Ninja or not? Who knows? He's really a down-to-earth type of guy when you're just sitting around talking sh!t with him. But he does train hard, has several students in his area, yet they don't pay him a dime and they train 7 days a week. His entire house is devoted to martial arts. Weapons EVERYWHERE LOL.

Anyway, that's my 2 cents. I've got that video shown and some of his training doing other things he gave me before I left.

I Hate Ashida Kim
05-19-2004, 11:27 PM
I don't care where he's from or where his learnt his techs or what other stlyes he doers or doesn't know...I know what I've seen, I know what i've read and i know how they stack side - by- side

Alright. You must suck as a martial artist if you think AK's stuff is decent. I've already pointed out lies and bulls.hit in his books. Are you going to ignore that?

Originally posted by YinYangDagger
In one particular photo is AK (promised I wouldn't ever say his real name - and it's NOT what everyone thinks it is)

Unbelievable. Well probably Christopher Hunter is a pen name as well. Is it at least the guy in the books that everyone thinks it is?

So you know his name but you won't say it. What, did he tell you? How'd you find out? I'm just curious why someone would go to so much secrecy to hide their real name. Unless they were afraid of spam because they're full of crap. Notice Hatsumi doesn't hide his name. Nor does Stephen Hayes. They're legit. No one gives them s.hit for anything.

btw, on his board before, AK has claimed that that IS his real, birth given name. More lies.

I asked him why he never published his sensei's pictures or put them on the website and he said that he had nothing to prove to anyone and his sensei never wanted him to let people know that he taught anyone martial arts,

Bulls.hit. He has nothing to prove to anyone? I've never seen anyone with a bigger grudge against EVERYONE on the internet than this guy. He even talks s.hit to the people on his board who kiss his ass.

One weird story is there was this woman that was living with him. She NEVER came out of her room except to get something out of the fridge.

He's probably a control freak nut case or something. He probably keeps her locked up. Is it the same girl from "Dragon Lady" or whatever the hell AK's X rated book is?

It was a spooky situation. I mean she never came out to even eat! I would get up around 7 a.m., and we would BS a while at night and go to bed around midnight, but she NEVER came out.

I'm telling you, he probably keeps her locked up. Like literally locked up. People are f.ucked up in the world enough to do that.

OK, I'm not a member of his organization, I haven't even spoken to him in like 4 years, so don't start bashing me (I might bash back ),

How'd you come into contract with him in the first place? Through another fraudulent organization? Please feel free to bash back.

I wouldn't have half as much of a problem with this guy if he didn't claim to be ninjutsu. It's funny how his "ninjutsu" techniques look just like American Army field manual techniques.

For example, if I'm an awesome boxer, and I can kick anyone's ass, and I go around teaching people what I know and call it "TaeKwonDo," that's BS. Even if I'm an awesome fighter, it's still not TKD.

joedoe
05-19-2004, 11:35 PM
YYD, now you aren't going to do a backflip over AK like you dod over SD are you? J/K :D

YinYangDagger
05-19-2004, 11:41 PM
First of all IHAK, I don't mean to sound rude (ok, I do) - but to have an actual screen name like you have is a little obssessive-compulsive. I don't care if you like or dislike AK, me, or your own mother. Who are you?

Whereas Japan recognizes Masaaki Hatsumi as the Grandmaster of Togakure-ryu ninjutsu, and Hatsumi has all the scrolls that have been passed to him, Japan does not recognize AK as the grandmaster of anything, NOR does AK have any scrolls from any ninjutsu ryu.

Wrong, Hatsumi is a joke to the Japanese martial artists in Japan, but I guess you know it all :o

YinYangDagger
05-19-2004, 11:41 PM
JoeDoe - don't be letting out the training secrets, the astral spies are every where!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

shaolin kungfu
05-19-2004, 11:45 PM
being "legit" and being a joke are not mutually exclusive.

joedoe
05-19-2004, 11:54 PM
JoeDoe - don't be letting out the training secrets, the astral spies are every where!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In fact, I think I have one up my ass :D

YinYangDagger
05-19-2004, 11:59 PM
you better get that checked out

....let's see.......

....Yellow Pages....

...Doctors......

....oh, there it is.....

Proctology

joedoe
05-20-2004, 12:09 AM
you better get that checked out

....let's see.......

....Yellow Pages....

...Doctors......

....oh, there it is.....

Proctology

I don't think I can get an infection from an astral spy can I? :D

I had a colonoscopy last year - no problems other than ending up with a sore ass :D

YinYangDagger
05-20-2004, 12:13 AM
I don't even want to begin to pretend what that feels like :(

Supervillian
05-20-2004, 12:24 AM
YinYangDagger,

How can you train with Ashida Kim and then call Masaaki Hatsumi a "joke to the japanese"? ......HOLY CRAP!!!!!!!!

AK's stuff isn't even real budo....it's friggin fake man!

All the stuff that I Hate Ashida Kim posted is true( even though his screen name may hint to him being biased). I appreciate that you shared your experience, but don't feel obligated to defend that charlatan just because you chilled at his house for a week!
Peace

joedoe
05-20-2004, 12:39 AM
I don't even want to begin to pretend what that feels like :(

I dunno either, I was asleep the whole time so I didn't feel a thing. Afterwards I had a strange urge for a cigarette and for the doctor to hold me though :D

Asia
05-20-2004, 01:19 AM
If you said the fight was fake/choreographed........YOU'RE RIGHT!!!

If you thought other wise got to a Judo school or watch a couple of matches and count how many clean throws you see in a competition. Yet here you see several of them. And the Pro wrestling style rolling kick up/rolling flap jack was a dead give away. And I haven't come across a ninjutsu densho yet that taught a missle drop kick.:D Now he is supposed to be fighting a CHAMPION KICKBOXER. Anyone get his name to verify this fight? No. Why? BECAUSE ASHIDA WON'T GIVE IT OUT!!! Things that make you go hmmmmmmm.

What started this was when Bullshido members (Anthony and Osiris) took up Ashida's challenge. He whined and cried and BSed his way all around the issue. He did the same thing when the REAL BDFS challenged him for using their material.

YinYangDagger,

You know why I don't by that Kim studied in Japan under a Japanese teacher? BECAUSE HE DOESN'T KNOW JAPANESE! CAN'T EVEN TELL YOU HOW TO MAKE A DECENT SENTENCE STRUCTRE AND FOR SOMEONE WHO TRAINED BY TOKYO CAN'T ANSWER BASIC THINGS ABOUT THE AREA!!!

Sorry man but if you believed even a fraction of his story all I can say you were suckered.

FYI Hastumi isn't the joke of the Japanese MA community the main center of questioning is the actual lineage of the Togakure Ryu school. The other 8 have been stated as valid.

jungle-mania
05-20-2004, 01:35 AM
I think the best way to solve this, is that someone from this forum go to AK's school and find out more about him. I would love to go find out myself, but I live on the other side of the planet in South East Asia.

I have seen some of his books, does seem pretty authentic traditional martial art stuff, but alot of his techniques seem more CMA than ninjitsu. The only thing that seem ninja like, was the origin of ninjas and the result of their techniques. He does show he has MA knowledge, but I cannot take him seriously after going to his website.

With a name like AK, his books on his amorous love affairs just seem to far fetch for a martial artist web site. Its like asking Frank Shamrock to write an erotic love novel with him as the main character and selling it on his own website. No one will take him seriously as a mixed martial artist.

Asia
05-20-2004, 01:48 AM
Originally posted by jungle-mania
I think the best way to solve this, is that someone from this forum go to AK's school and find out more about him. I would love to go find out myself, but I live on the other side of the planet in South East Asia.

You see the probelm with that is ITS ALREADY BEEN TRIED!!!:eek:

AK admitted he doesn't run a school and many pple in FL went looking for him. His outrageous $10,000 challenge was answerd and HE backed out. He claims to fought champion fighters but doesn't give any names and his 'proof' of this is a obviously cheorographed fight. He knows very little about the culture and language of the countries he supposedly trained in. He refers to his ninjitsu techniques by non ninjitsu terms. Since when did ninjtisu use the term kiba dachi?

Bottomline Ashida Kim is a fraud. The only ones that don't want to see that is the on kids with fantasies.

blooming lotus
05-20-2004, 05:07 AM
Originally posted by Asia
If you said the fight was fake/choreographed........YOU'RE RIGHT!!!

You know why I don't by that Kim studied in Japan under a Japanese teacher? BECAUSE HE DOESN'T KNOW JAPANESE! CAN'T EVEN TELL YOU HOW TO MAKE A DECENT SENTENCE STRUCTRE AND FOR SOMEONE WHO TRAINED BY TOKYO CAN'T ANSWER BASIC THINGS ABOUT THE AREA!!!

local knowledge has jack to do with jack, but i personally have read where AK quotes and uses Japanese laguage...albeit limited............

and to whoever asked the question ...am I ignoring that??...I guess so...I only know what I've seen...sue me for not believing everything I hear contrary to what I know

dodger87
05-20-2004, 05:21 AM
Asia, maybe you should try to infiltrate his school ninja style. Get someone to pretend they seriously want to learn ninjitsu from him. And being the money scammer he is, he'd accept them into his 'ninja circle'. And once accepted in he should be able to find out AK's school location. Beat them at their own game.

Asia
05-20-2004, 05:56 AM

local knowledge has jack to do with jack, but i personally have read where AK quotes and uses Japanese laguage...albeit limited............

and to whoever asked the question ...am I ignoring that??...I guess so...I only know what I've seen...sue me for not believing everything I hear contrary to what I know

Man you are hopless. You mean to tell me if you lived somewhere for months to years you wouldn't know local landmarks of the area?

And I want to see you quotes of Kim using Japanese because he doesn't know the language an ONLY copies what he seen somewhere else. Try speaking to him in Japanese (or posting on his site) and he will be at a total lose. I know because I seen it serveral times. HE DOESN'T KNOW IT!

Dude you're just gullible no two ways about it. If you actually believe the rantings of this obvious Bipolar individual then there is no help for you. Just hope reality doesn't bite you in the ass. I feel bad because its pple like you who worry me. You want to believe so strongly that you push away everything else. I can say its noon outside and show you all the evidence to support it but you'd rather listen to a quack say its Midnight while you stand there getting a sunburn.

Asia, maybe you should try to infiltrate his school ninja style. Get someone to pretend they seriously want to learn ninjitsu from him. And being the money scammer he is, he'd accept them into his 'ninja circle'. And once accepted in he should be able to find out AK's school location. Beat them at their own game.

;)

IronFist
05-20-2004, 07:18 AM
His old message board used to have the BDFS logo at the top.

But the REAL BDFS people got p.issed at him and threatened legal action or something.

So he removed it. He changed it now to BDNS (Black Dragon Ninja Society).

If he was actually BDFS, why would a) they get p.issed at him for using it and b) he change it?

Exactly.

scotty1
05-20-2004, 07:31 AM
I can say it noon out side and show you all the evidence to support it but you'd rather listen to a quack say its Midnight while you stand there getting a sunburn.

:D

small
05-20-2004, 08:30 AM
Was that a reenactment of Ricky Steamboat vs Hulk Hogan?

GunnedDownAtrocity
05-20-2004, 09:16 AM
im with red. aside from everything else being argued i think the fight was half and half. they had a plan, they knew who was going to win and what throws they were going to do, and they also kicked the **** out of eachother a bit for the camera.

Chang Style Novice
05-20-2004, 09:37 AM
GDA's take on the video is about the same as mine.

Asia
05-20-2004, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by GunnedDownAtrocity
im with red. aside from everything else being argued i think the fight was half and half. they had a plan, they knew who was going to win and what throws they were going to do, and they also kicked the **** out of eachother a bit for the camera.

Thats how Pro Wrestling works. Its part choreographed on what moves the want to perform and part improve. It just hilarous that Ashida Kim is trying to pass this off ans PROOF of his fearsome fighting ablities!:eek:

FatherDog
05-20-2004, 01:05 PM
Just for the benefit of Asia and the other folks on this thread that don't read the training forum -

blooming lotus has so far claimed that she knows ninjitsu, wrestling, boxing, aikido, and various chinese styles. She's claimed that she knows dim mak, which she also claims is the same thing as chin na. She claims that she's been offered thousands of dollars to work as a professional model, and that she could easily qualify for the Olympics, but won't because "competition ain't my thing". She claims that she's been tested and certified as a genius, as well - I'll let her spelling and grammar abilities speak for themselves on that score.

So, really, arguing with her over the legitimacy of Ashida Kim is going to lead nowhere but frustration.

CaptinPickAxe
05-20-2004, 01:08 PM
FD,

Maybe she's an Astral Spy and she's using her powers of deception to create an alias....

She can't be trusted:D

Chang Style Novice
05-20-2004, 01:22 PM
Isn't recognizing the name of a style the same as "knowing" it?

Anyway, you forgot the time she said she'd easily defeat Mike Tyson in a street fight, since he's just a boxer and she'd provoke him into losing his temper, when he'd make a dumb move she'd take advantage of and totally pwnzor him.

MasterKiller
05-20-2004, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by Chang Style Novice
Isn't recognizing the name of a style the same as "knowing" it? In the Biblical sense?

Vash
05-20-2004, 01:28 PM
Ashida Kim + blooming lotus= Antichrist.

True story.

FatherDog
05-20-2004, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by Chang Style Novice

Anyway, you forgot the time she said she'd easily defeat Mike Tyson in a street fight, since he's just a boxer and she'd provoke him into losing his temper, when he'd make a dumb move she'd take advantage of and totally pwnzor him.

Ah yes. And the time she claimed to have defeated a 450 lb boxer in a street fight.

I'm still wondering where you find a 450 lb boxer.

Shaolinlueb
05-20-2004, 05:25 PM
Originally posted by FatherDog

Ah yes. And the time she claimed to have defeated a 450 lb boxer in a street fight.

butterbean? or whatever his name is? LOL

blooming lotus
05-20-2004, 06:29 PM

He was my uncle and he had been raping my little sister for a period of time...confronted him and fought.....

Antichrist???....that'sa little harsh...I'm a goddamed ch'an buddhist for crying out loud...also have qualifications in counselling andstudied pyschology...

I don't care what or where Ashida Kim got his knowledge or what else he knows...Fd..you're right, a conversation with me on this probably is fruitless...........Show me something to change my mind...onus is on you

SevenStar
05-20-2004, 08:12 PM
This has been an entertaining thread, especially the last page or so.

As for the vid, nobody consistanly pulls off throws that easily. There was no resistance by either party. It was obvious that they were cooperating.

AK's face was consistently unguarded...you mean to tell me that a CHAMPION kickboxer couldn't capitalize on that? was he a kickboxer or thai boxer? If he was a thai boxer, why didn't he knee him once they clinched?

It's hard to tell due to video quality, but those look like very old school boxing gloves, and dude has a cut like joe lewis had in the 80's

Shaolinlueb
05-20-2004, 08:31 PM
i wonder if him being a ninja master gets all the teethless girls? :confused:

IronFist
05-20-2004, 11:00 PM
He wears a deer pelvis on his head on the cover of one of his books. I'm not kidding.

You used to be able to download one of his books in .pdf format from his website. It's probably still there. It says something like "Steal This Book." If you want to see an example of his work, check out that book.

FatherDog
05-20-2004, 11:04 PM

He was my uncle and he had been raping my little sister for a period of time...confronted him and fought.....

Oh, is this the part where I'm ashamed because I may have incidentally alluded to an incident of child abuse?

Well, I believe pretty much everything you type here is a tissue of lies, so sorry, I'm gonna say this is bull**** too.

Frankly, bl, just about every claim you've made on these boards has been either demonstrably false or flat out unbelievable. You have no credibility, so I feel safe in mocking your story, since I am quite confident it is the purest untruth.

This is merely more self-aggrandizing crap meant to make you out to be some sort of hero. "Oh, I'm a genius and I'm a badass with my dim mak (which is chin na, they're the same thing) and I'm bravely shouldering the burden of work in mainland China and I'm an incredible athlete and martial artist and I've kicked ass defending myself and my family and I rule and I'm a beautiful model and I train a million hours a week and you're all just jealous and lazy."

Save it, loser. No one buys what you're selling.

CaptinPickAxe
05-21-2004, 12:14 AM
I'm a goddamed ch'an buddhist for crying out loud

LOL!I'm debating if Homer Simpson can beat that one!
HAHAHAHAohhmysidehurts

EDIT: I'm not laughing at you, BL, but the irony of the comment.

Eddie
05-21-2004, 03:28 AM
Actually, I don’t know much about Ashida Kim, and really don’t care, but some things in the video, made me look at his site ...

According to Kim, the fight tool place in SA. That could be true, as I can hear from the referee’s accent, that he could be from South Africa. Also, if my ears are not failing me, I did hear snippets of one of our local languages from the people in the crowd. If I look at the judges at the table, the haircuts tells me this video was made around the late 80’s maybe even early 90’s (but I doubt early 90’s). I have a friend who knows someone, who knows someone in the BDFS, and he said he did not even know Ashida Kim came to SA.

He says the other fighter is Phil Tempel who is apparently the World Middle weight champion. Did a quick search on the name, and some sources quote him to be the SA Middleweight champion. I could not find any info on him. The martial arts community in SA is not that big, and someone should know someone.

If indeed the other fighter is South African, I could believe that the fight was choreographed or fixed. Especially during the 80’s and 90’s, people here would do allot for money. I mean, if anyone offers me to fall for a few thousand $, I would do it. Money talks in this 3rd world country.

The fight was decent, entertaining at best, but as 7star pointed out, they pulled off to many throws, way to quick. That flying kick thingy he did (the one with the slow motion reply) was pretty cool although I am not sold yet.

Over all, Im with GDA and CSN on this one. It most probably was fixed, but it was one of the better fixed fights I have seen.

Ashida, if you ever need a fighting partner, for anything over $20 000 I will make you look better than HHH. My wife has been nagging about moving to a better neighborhood for some time now, and $20 000 is about R160 000 (not enough for a house, but will defiantly be a good deposit).

Im waiting for a friend to confirm some fact for me. When I get a reply, Ill post it here.

Shaolinlueb
05-21-2004, 07:30 AM
Originally posted by Eddie
Ashida, if you ever need a fighting partner, for anything over $20 000 I will make you look better than HHH.

LOL oh man thats classic. good reason too, naggin wife. :D

good research on the video Eddie.

IronFist
05-21-2004, 08:17 AM
Hooray for Eddie :)

dodger87
05-21-2004, 08:27 AM
With all of the **** flying around the internet about Ashida Kim, wouldn't you think his students would see some of those websites one day and realise that he's a fake. I mean I just typed the name Ashida Kim in google and on the first page of results theres already a few websites listed about him being a scam.

rubthebuddha
05-21-2004, 10:17 AM
dodger -- temple kung fu and chung moo do are still active. obviously the availability of such denouncement isn't as effective as we'd hope.

cerebus
05-21-2004, 07:33 PM
RTB, I just looked at your icon.....YOU WERE THE REF FOR THAT FIGHT, weren't you?! :D (What was up with that spacesuit junk?).

And yes, BL is pure BS.:p

blooming lotus
05-21-2004, 10:30 PM

Oh, is this the part where I'm ashamed because I may have incidentally alluded to an incident of child abuse?

Well, I believe pretty much everything you type here is a tissue of lies, so sorry, I'm gonna say this is bull**** too.

Frankly, bl, just about every claim you've made on these boards has been either demonstrably false or flat out unbelievable. You have no credibility, so I feel safe in mocking your story, since I am quite confident it is the purest untruth.

This is merely more self-aggrandizing crap meant to make you out to be some sort of hero. "Oh, I'm a genius and I'm a badass with my dim mak (which is chin na, they're the same thing) and I'm bravely shouldering the burden of work in mainland China and I'm an incredible athlete and martial artist and I've kicked ass defending myself and my family and I rule and I'm a beautiful model and I train a million hours a week and you're all just jealous and lazy."

Save it, loser. No one buys what you're selling.

I never said I was great...you all did......over and over and so many times I got sick of hearing it...........but now that we've changed our minds on that, we can just go back to talking ma right boys

FatherDog
05-21-2004, 10:38 PM
I never said I was great...

Actually, you did. Repeatedly.

you all did......

Actually, we didn't... mostly we laughed at you, since it's obvious you don't know what you're talking about 90% of the time..

but now that we've changed our minds on that, we can just go back to talking ma right boys

Well, we can. You've never said anything to cause us to believe you know the slightest amount about ma, so you can continue blathering and being ignored.

blooming lotus
05-21-2004, 10:43 PM
mm hmm....thx for your input...I'll keep it mind :rolleyes:

Abstract
05-22-2004, 07:41 AM
Originally posted by ShaolinTiger00

lmao!!

you know?!! i am in complete disbelief that ANYONE who's practiced martial arts for any length of time would think that was a real match.

that looked like a staged match from start to finish, straight out of "kickboxer part 4,328"...

gimme a break:( :rolleyes:

Dim Wit Mak
05-22-2004, 07:48 AM
Abstract: How could you possibly think any of that was staged? Didn't you see the real spaceman? The best martial arts championship contest I ever saw was when Ricky Steamboat went at it with Mr. Fuji.:D

IronMonkey
05-22-2004, 12:44 PM
IMO, that was a pretty good fight, props to AK :) Im pretty sure it was him, he always wanted to fight someone to prove himself, no way he would let someone else go posing as him fighting someone, thats stupid to believe. Btw, I love how he threw the guy into the ropes and did a drop kick, that was sweet :D

SevenStar
05-22-2004, 02:39 PM
wtf?

cerebus
05-22-2004, 02:59 PM
Ironmonkey's being silly (at least I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and say so). If he's not, then he's just being foolish.

Unmatchable
05-22-2004, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by Internal Boxer
Can't believe some of you thought that was good, its was just TKD slap tag............................sh.ite

show me a clip of kung fu guys fighting according to their style (not cross trained) better than that.

IronFist
05-22-2004, 06:32 PM
Originally posted by Unmatchable
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Men are haunted by the vastness of eternity and so we ask ourselves, Will our actions echo across the centuries? Will strangers hear our names long after we're gone and wonder who we were, how bravely we fought, how fiercely we loved.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-Achilles, Troy

quote:
there's a saying in martial arts

" IT'S NOT ME THAT'S GOOD, IT'S THE ART THAT'S GOOD"

-Serious Harm

quote:
For a move to be your life saving move, That move has to be effective enough to against "anybody on earth".

-John Wang

Report this post

long ass sig

-Unmatchable

SevenStar
05-22-2004, 07:55 PM
yeah, that is an excessive sig. And that quote of serious harm is BS.

Oddly enough, the night Troy came out, my friend and I had a long, deep discussion about that quote from achilles. Neither of us saw the movie that night, we just happened to stumble upon that topic.

Mr Punch
05-23-2004, 01:06 AM
Originally posted by SevenStar
Oddly enough, the night Troy came out, my friend and I had a long, deep discussion about that quote from achilles. Neither of us saw the movie that night, we just happened to stumble upon that topic. Meh, you're just saying that to try and sound intellectual!

Bet it was more like this;

Seven: Jya think anyone'll remember us (scratches gut, flicks channel)
Booger: When?
Seven: Ya know, when we're like, dead? (crushes tinny on head, chucks it onto the pile)
Booger: Nehh.
Seven: I mean... (pause) what's your name again...?
Both belch. Guzzle cans

:D

Mr Punch
05-23-2004, 01:08 AM
The video was preplanned but not so carefully choreographed btw. Anyone who says anything else is deluding themselves!

It was also very boring.

Plus I have more ninjas in my underpants than there were in that ring.

IronMonkey
05-23-2004, 10:27 AM
Originally posted by cerebus
Ironmonkey's being silly (at least I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and say so). If he's not, then he's just being foolish.

Well I only read the first two pages of this thread, maybe somewhere else someone proved something wrong that I said, I dunno, so you tell me what I said wrong. :D

Chang Style Novice
05-23-2004, 05:46 PM
Plus I have more ninjas in my underpants than there were in that ring.I've gotten good results from Tinactin.

Mr Punch
05-23-2004, 06:04 PM
I heard that Tinactin once choked out Ashida Kim.

True story.

Unfortunately, no video available.

cerebus
05-23-2004, 06:12 PM
Man, if Ashida Kim's getting in your underpants you need to report him! That's just NOT right!:D :D

Mr Punch
05-23-2004, 06:46 PM
Don't be silly, only real ninja can get in my underpants...

or should I say 'kunoichi...?!:cool:

IronFist
05-23-2004, 11:07 PM
Originally posted by Mat

lol :D :p

Eddie
05-24-2004, 01:42 AM
some new info...

No one by the name of Ashida Kim ever came to SAb(Certainly not to compete, unless he went about it in a non official way). Actually, spoke to someone who is part of his organisation, and he confirmed Kim never came to our land. I'm almost 95% sure the vidoe was shot over here, just wonder who the ninja was if it wasnt Kim.

I even learned that one of our local masters even got graded by e-mail, and received some dan grading by Master Kim. Go figure

blooming lotus
05-24-2004, 02:37 AM
point taken...but didn't we also say that Ashida Kim isn't even his real name???

Internal Boxer
05-24-2004, 05:12 AM
Wow Blooming Lotus for a minute there I thought you were an alter ego of Ashida Kim which is ironic since Ashida Kim is an alther ego of Chris Hunter's.............the film identity springs to mind.

Come on guys we should be trying to help Mr Hunter seek professional help to treat his psychosis.

Gangsterfist
05-24-2004, 06:58 AM
I just watched the video clip.

I will say there are a few valid things about the fight. A few of the kicks, especially the one ashida kim took to his kidneys (the axe kick that is) definately does not feel good.

There are lots of suspicious or janky looking things in the fight. For one, the rolling back leg toss from the corner of the ropes was funny. I mean how would you really get that off in a fight? A lot of the throws looked like parlor tricks to me as well. I have some limited experience in akido and I know that when you flip like that you are going with the throw. Not to say thats a bad thing. Going with the throw is better than getting a broken arm or dislocated shoulder, but at the same time in a real fight type situation there would be counters and resistance. Unless you actually felt like tumbling a lot and wearing yourself out.

A few months ago I watched this documentary on TV about martial arts. A lot of it was crap. They had the combat ki guys on there (which always cracks me up) but when they got to the japanese martial arts I was really impressed. The okinawan systems on their looked real good, and their techniques were pretty lagit looking. Then they showed one of the last ninjitsu schools in japan. It was a private school that you had to be chosed to attend. The current top student there was a guy from the UK. I do not remember names at all (I'm bad w/ names sometimes) sorry. It looked cool and the teacher there definately had lots of energy behind his techniques.

I would say this fight was probably scripted or at the very least watered down.

I did go to AK's website and read some things. I found this to be very funny.

http://ashidakim.com/temple2001.html

Gangsterfist
05-24-2004, 07:05 AM
..oh and this was great too, and interview with AK:

Will you prescribe a workout for me?

Ashida Kim replies: "People who ask this question are generally looking for some 'standard exercise program', but I don't do that. Any exercise is good and one must tailor the workout to the mission. If I were in the Ring, for instance, I'd have to regulate my diet and do a lot of running for stamina. When I'm a bouncer, I practice drinking and smoking. The trick with such things is not to get 'locked in' and think you 'must' do thus and so all the time. Workouts grow, evolve, change with time. That is also a reflection of how you are growing, learning, etc. I am often asked 'where to begin.' I always answer the same way, 'with a single step.' Choose that which interests you, start with that. It will lead to all the rest. Eventually, you will be where you started and you can make that take as long as you want. Unlike other teachers, I will not require that you conform to some imaginary pattern that is subject to change at any moment. Do what you are doing, do what you think is right, that is the Path. As for advice on how to proceed, it is simple, Be Kind. Live in harmony with nature. As for training, practice what interests you, don't get locked into a specific workout, let yourself grow and change and become the best person you can be."

Drinking and smoking as part of the work out huh? Being a ninja does rule!

SevenStar
05-24-2004, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by Mat

c'mon, we know you will let any kunoichi, or any seemingly female organism for that matter, into your underpants.

Eddie
05-24-2004, 11:52 AM
Saw that video on combat ki. My mom just went throught the whole breast cancer thing, and I couldn’t believe that in this modern day, people still would allow some idiot teacher to kick them straight in the breasts (for woman). Wonder if that guy will allow me to kick him full blast in his n#ts?

The nimpo on that video is pretty cool too.

Real martial arts shouldn’t be bad for your body.

Shaolinlueb
05-24-2004, 01:46 PM
so does ashida kim sign his checks ashida kim or by his real white man name?

blooming lotus
05-24-2004, 06:12 PM
you know...any part of intelligent discussion is onjectivity and the ability to consider the other side of the argument without bias...I'll be your devils advocate , but as far as the articles and the clip goes, It is still possible that it's a legit fight and I see nothing (..or little ) in the article to argue about

IronMonkey
05-24-2004, 07:05 PM
If Ashida Kim is fake, why he still trying to presuade people to believe him that he is so great and a real ninja? He might as well give up cause soo many know he's fake. I was actually gonna buy a book written by him, but then I found out all this commotion and so Im not, heh.

Dim Wit Mak
05-24-2004, 07:34 PM
Me thinks the following about the gentleman based on general information and comments. He is, at least, a competent martial artist, and is making tons of money over all the hubub. Everyone needs an angle to make it financially and he certainly seems to have found his. Think of all the truly outstanding martial artists who struggle in obscurity, even though they possess outstanding skills. They don't have the pro wrestler or ninja personna.

SevenStar
05-24-2004, 10:14 PM
you know...any part of intelligent discussion is onjectivity and the ability to consider the other side of the argument without bias...I'll be your devils advocate , but as far as the articles and the clip goes, It is still possible that it's a legit fight and I see nothing (..or little ) in the article to argue about

you've done some aikido... does it REALLY look like those throws were done with resistance to you? what about the drop kick? The way 'kim' always had his hands down, but the other guy never really capitalized on it...that fight was planned.

Unmatchable
05-24-2004, 10:23 PM
you mean like pro wrestling?

IronFist
05-24-2004, 10:55 PM
No one by the name of Ashida Kim ever came to SAb(Certainly not to compete, unless he went about it in a non official way). Actually, spoke to someone who is part of his organisation, and he confirmed Kim never came to our land. I'm almost 95% sure the vidoe was shot over here, just wonder who the ninja was if it wasnt Kim.

Ask if there was ever a Chris Hunter.

IronFist
05-24-2004, 11:04 PM
wtf 1 (http://www.dojopress.com/catalogms1.html)

wtf 2 (http://www.dojopress.com/catalogms13.html)

^ wtf?

Toby
05-24-2004, 11:19 PM
Wft 3? (http://www.dojopress.com/tvn.html)
Maybe I should e-mail Ashida and tell him I know the secret of the vanishing ninja. I too can defy Western science for centuries! Mwahahaha! :rolleyes: That's the crappiest "mathematical puzzle" I've ever seen. At least Mozilla was discerning enough not to let me play the stupid game. Boo, IE!

IronFist
05-24-2004, 11:27 PM
I know how it works.

Toby
05-24-2004, 11:31 PM
Oh, crap. I forgot the <irony></irony> tags in my post. Yeah Iron, my point was that it should take most "Western scientists" all of 2 secs to figure out from the crappy artwork.

blooming lotus
05-24-2004, 11:41 PM
Originally posted by Dim Wit Mak
Me thinks the following about the gentleman based on general information and comments. He is, at least, a competent martial artist, and is making tons of money over all the hubub. Everyone needs an angle to make it financially and he certainly seems to have found his. Think of all the truly outstanding martial artists who struggle in obscurity, even though they possess outstanding skills. They don't have the pro wrestler or ninja personna.

oh...you mean...like shaolin monks and nuns for instance.............

7...can't remember off hand but have a spare 20 seconds in an hour or so, so I'll try to check it out then

Eddie
05-25-2004, 01:43 AM
Ask if there was ever a Chris Hunter.

not officially. that fight seemed pretty official (meaning it didnt happen in one of the back street fight clubs). But I have just been told by another friend, that during a certain time in our history, there were some 'unofficial' fights that happened in a neighbouring indy state (which is part of SA right now, but wasnt then). Still no one knows that asihda kim came here.

on a good note tho, billy blanks made it to sa. apparently he got his a$$ kicked by some local SA karate ka.

can anyone say for certain that the black ninja in the video could not even be billy blanks undercover?

kim could be blanks? in africa all is posible. just think, a black man with a japanese name and a korean last name...

reminds me of the movie I saw this weekend called shoot fighter (bolo yeung). the guy wears a karate suit, does some karate katas and calls his teacher sifu (even did a darn dao routine in his whites)

blooming lotus
05-25-2004, 02:32 AM
very good point....ninjitsu is the art of "invisibilty".................................:eek: :eek: :eek:

SevenStar
05-25-2004, 04:03 AM
did you check out the vid?

Asia
05-25-2004, 04:07 AM
reminds me of the movie I saw this weekend called shoot fighter (bolo yeung). the guy wears a karate suit, does some karate katas and calls his teacher sifu (even did a darn dao routine in his whites)

ROFLMAO!!! That movie is classic B rated MA flick. It was soo bad they made a SECOND one!!!:eek:

YinYangDagger
05-25-2004, 02:19 PM
Eddie: reminds me of the movie I saw this weekend called shoot fighter (bolo yeung). the guy wears a karate suit, does some karate katas and calls his teacher sifu (even did a darn dao routine in his whites)

don't you know anything? those were Shaolin-do guys :D

wdl
05-25-2004, 02:40 PM
Eddie: reminds me of the movie I saw this weekend called shoot fighter (bolo yeung). the guy wears a karate suit, does some karate katas and calls his teacher sifu (even did a darn dao routine in his whites)

don't you know anything? those were Shaolin-do guys :D

Not all of us SD guys wear GI's. :)

-Will

Gangsterfist
05-25-2004, 03:07 PM
Just curious about shaolin do. I have never really looked into it, but I decided to look into it just a second ago. Do, you guys really train with wookies?

http://www.shaolin-do.com/masters/index.shtml

:D :D :D :cool: ;)

wdl
05-25-2004, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by Gangsterfist
Do, you guys really train with wookies?

LOL, actually, there is one guy at my school named wookie. He's about 6'5, 260. Even does the wookie call like he was a stand in for George Lucas. So, yeah, I train with a wookie. :)

-Will

Gangsterfist
05-25-2004, 03:32 PM
I saw that pic of that old master with the hair and I just laughed out loud right at my bench. I just had to post a link to it.

I mean shaolin do has wolf man! I thought of that line from that old 80s movie, The Monster Squad, where those two boys are fighting the wolf man. One of them turns and says the other one, dude kick him in the nards. The other boy replies, wolf man doesn't have nards! Then he swiftly kicks wolf man in the groin and wolf man falls down in pain. The boy turns to his friend and says, woah, wolf man does have nards.

Ahh, the 80s, sorry just thought I would share that.

blooming lotus
05-25-2004, 04:56 PM
lol...I wanna train with with a wookie!! ...how cute are those hairy fellas.......

7...I'm sorry...haven't....have 24 hrs notice to prepare 2 test papers for high level students.....bummer ha...but it's on my list and I promise I will get to it and get back to you the minute I have an opp....it's on the list :) :cool:

Ps...I really am in China...slogging it out to get to shaolin, shave my head, meditate and practice gongfu inpeace forever more andcontemplate both human existence and the world in general...consider mankind and preserve traditional knowledge....I'm a city gal: an ex-model and exotic dancer of what salary here would make me a frwakin millionaire in several months...I'm already in the countries top 95% salary bracket and I'm only here to DETATCH from worldy importances......I like luxury..and products ...and men...but you believe what you do...( do you have any idea how good looking these folks are???!!!).....if I had a scanner I'd show you all a great pic I took recently of me and Wang yu min outside cits Dengfeng...or some of the boys....understand.....schools here are poor..it's a humble experience , but to get on the as8es about it, is to be full of western conceit...so grin, ear, soldier on and make do...come what may....duty is duty right...and and upholding an agreement is just a morale thing to do....duibuqi

IronFist
05-25-2004, 05:36 PM
Ps...I really am in China...

Well, I can't vouch for anything else BL says, but as far as I know she really is in China. Cuz she bought a book and video of mine which I sent to China and she says she got it.

So, I guess she's really in China :)

Gangsterfist
05-25-2004, 05:39 PM
I'm a city gal: an ex-model and exotic dancer

Hmmm....

And you do martial arts huh? You married? lol

blooming lotus
05-25-2004, 07:16 PM
7 ....3 1/2 mins to class but checked out the clip very carefully....didn't get to the drop kick but I'm seeing here is some classic jitsu tuck ( opponents limb) and roll/throw....the flip from the corner was all about the timing and balance....soon after there was a class a ninjitsu attempted grab for throw, foolowed by hook lft, hook right / spinning back round to carteroid combo...impressive hg lvl classic manouver....loving the carteroid....I also see some classic slides and takedowns.....It's s shame it's so dark because I can't really see his hands...also I see a few basic ninjitsu counters to hand strike attacks.......pivots, again classic ninjitsu style......

landing or exit from roll....ninjijtsu. as opposed to aikido exit...same as entry....sublties tell the story.......looks legit to me................................

Shaolinlueb
05-25-2004, 07:20 PM
so does he sign his credit card ashida kim or something else?

Toby
05-25-2004, 07:43 PM
Hmmm....

And you do martial arts huh? You married? lol You're in luck, Gangsterfist! She's single! As well as being an ex-exotic dancer, she gets paid $10,000 a week to model. She's also a genius with the highest IQ in the world, can beat up Mike Tyson, can beat up 450lb Samoan boxers at a bodyweight of 90lb and correct all your mistakes. Oh, yeah, and she is in the top 95% salary bracket (I'll presume you meant top 5% salary bracket BL?). Only problem? You won't understand her. You're not smart enough :p.

Gangsterfist
05-25-2004, 07:54 PM
Originally posted by Toby
You're in luck, Gangsterfist! She's single! As well as being an ex-exotic dancer, she gets paid $10,000 a week to model. She's also a genius with the highest IQ in the world, can beat up Mike Tyson, can beat up 450lb Samoan boxers at a bodyweight of 90lb and correct all your mistakes. Oh, yeah, and she is in the top 95% salary bracket (I'll presume you meant top 5% salary bracket BL?). Only problem? You won't understand her. You're not smart enough :p.

Well, thanks for clearing that up. I think I understand your sarcasm, but reading it and hearing it are two different things.

Toby
05-25-2004, 08:01 PM
No, no, I'm serious. Well, maybe not, but BL believes all those things. Like George Costanza, if you believe it, it's not a lie.

SevenStar
05-25-2004, 11:01 PM
7 ....3 1/2 mins to class but checked out the clip very carefully....didn't get to the drop kick but I'm seeing here is some classic jitsu tuck ( opponents limb) and roll/throw....the flip from the corner was all about the timing and balance....soon after there was a class a ninjitsu attempted grab for throw, foolowed by hook lft, hook right / spinning back round to carteroid combo...impressive hg lvl classic manouver....loving the carteroid....I also see some classic slides and takedowns.....It's s shame it's so dark because I can't really see his hands...also I see a few basic ninjitsu counters to hand strike attacks.......pivots, again classic ninjitsu style......

landing or exit from roll....ninjijtsu. as opposed to aikido exit...same as entry....sublties tell the story.......looks legit to me................................

Don't focus so much on the throws, but rather the ease of which ALL of them were executed...there was no resistance, except for like one throw.

blooming lotus
05-26-2004, 02:06 AM
hmmm...just looked like 2 skilled ( or yes possibley well-coreographed) players...... that being said though, alot of throws don't need resistence so much as angle....does that make sense?

you're gonna make me look at the clip again right........

yes I said make..let it go.....

Toby........my profile get bigger every time you tell it

:rolleyes:

Gf - celebate ;) :p

Eddie
05-26-2004, 02:28 AM
A model and a martial artists? Wow
just one problem, your birthday is 3 days after my wife’s birthday, and if star signs are anything to go by… nevermind.
apart from the star sign, you seem to be the perfect chick. Did I read right, were you an exotic dancer too?
You have a pic? what about a website?

BTW, Don King is in SA right now. Who knows, maybe he is recruiting a new opponent for Master Kim. I did hear rumours that King was thinking of getting involved in the K1 some time back. I tell you, what a sight it is to see a large over weight black man with an American accent and a afro the size of china, walking around our beautiful city of joburg.

Toby
05-26-2004, 02:34 AM
Uhh, Eddie, in case you didn't get it, she is prone to embellishment. Take anything she says with a grain of salt.

BL, I can go back and find all the comments in your posts that match what I said (plus the ones I forgot) if you like?

SevenStar
05-26-2004, 10:12 AM
hmmm...just looked like 2 skilled ( or yes possibley well-coreographed) players...... that being said though, alot of throws don't need resistence so much as angle....does that make sense?

Of course they don't NEED resistance... What I'm saying is when you throw someone, they fight it. These guys were not resisting the throw at all - they just sat there and let themselves be thrown. it was fake.

IronFist
05-26-2004, 11:37 AM
SevenStar has thrown the correct and not encountered any resistance.

Gangsterfist
05-26-2004, 11:55 AM
Its like I said earlier. Those throws were parlor tricks. I know from watching demos of akido and other grappling arts, that when you get flipped or tossed you go with it. In reality when someone cranks your arm the way it doesn't go you will drop right to the ground and something will probably dislocate. That is because there would be resistance and they would be fighting back

when you see like an akido master doing a demo people "go" with the toss. Its good tumbling practice and they do not get hurt that way. I have almost had my wrist broken doing chin na before and it hurt so bad I just fell to the ground. If I had flipped with the wrist lock I would not have been hurt, but I would be on the ground.

Also, just using akido as an example its a good system not dissing it

norther practitioner
05-26-2004, 02:49 PM
Wow, I just waisted a lot of time reading this thread...lol.

Looked like pro wrestling level choreography to me. OK, We'll throw some combos at each other, then if and when we get to the ropes, we'll clinch, I'll toss you, etc. Some of those shots landed, granted, but it didn't look like they were fighting for some reason.

On Ashida Kim:

OK, he may be a great martial artist, but he annoys the hell out of me with some of these absolutely rediculous stories. I just wonder what he believes about himself... some people are like that. They think they can do something, so they tell people they have.

blooming lotus
05-26-2004, 05:01 PM
A model and a martial artists? Wow
just one problem, your birthday is 3 days after my wife’s birthday, and if star signs are anything to go by?nevermind.
apart from the star sign, you seem to be the perfect chick. Did I read right, were you an exotic dancer too?
You have a pic? what about a website?

BTW, Don King is in SA right now. Who knows, maybe he is recruiting a new opponent for Master Kim. I did hear rumours that King was thinking of getting involved in the K1 some time back. I tell you, what a sight it is to see a large over weight black man with an American accent and a afro the size of china, walking around our beautiful city of joburg.

I don't do please see me web-sites...yes I'm a triple mars aries..passionm / fire/ war/ aggressive assertion and voraciousness...dominant and strong............but very genuine and oft. naively innocent .....

perfect....lol..funniest thing I've heard this morning...guess that's why I attract so many trolls....but hate to break it you....there's little perfect about me, bar my flaws :D

oh...have a pic here somewhere, but It's sh*t...abs apparent but not the greatest one Ive ever taken....

DonKing in Joberg??...I'd like to se that :p :D

7....................that's what i meant when I was addressing balance...it can be decieving in measuring actual resistence...but if your balance is right for a counter, it should look effortless...besides..Gf has a great thnking players point.....when you find yourself about to be thrown, often your best defence is not to resist it, but to roll with it ( lol)...and in the meantime consider your exit and counter...forc with force???....I don't think so.......

Np...I'm not sure I understand you....Ak is a master of the invisble art that is ninjitsu...If you have no knowledge of this system ...I really don't think you're qualified to do much more than submit queries...like I said...If you 're up to it when hit DengFeng..and I'm still local, I'd be happy to trade notes If we both have time......

Ps..everyone is crazy in their own right....what's at the bottom of your subconcious....

Gangsterfist
05-26-2004, 05:30 PM
Okay Blooming Lotus-

I will give Ashida Kim (or chris hunter or whatever or whoever this person is) the benefit of the doubt. I have never once touched hands, worked out, or trained with him. I guess there is a possibility he could be really skilled.

OTOH, I have browsed through a few of his books and read a few interviews with him in it. His exploits are somewhat far fetched sounding. He has also never revealed where he has trained. He just claims to have had many teachers. This makes me even more skeptical.

To me he sounds like a lot of lineages in certain martial arts sound. He sounds like he wants to make a buck off of dumb people.

blooming lotus
05-26-2004, 07:01 PM
alot of people do......and most maers at some point or another reach a point in their life where proving to others is no longer important or even relevant

Dim Wit Mak
05-26-2004, 09:01 PM
Amen Blooming Lotus! It took me a long time to reach that point, but it is a great philosophical place to be.

IronFist
05-26-2004, 09:03 PM
Okay Blooming Lotus-

I will give Ashida Kim (or chris hunter or whatever or whoever this person is) the benefit of the doubt. I have never once touched hands, worked out, or trained with him. I guess there is a possibility he could be really skilled.

OTOH, I have browsed through a few of his books and read a few interviews with him in it. His exploits are somewhat far fetched sounding. He has also never revealed where he has trained. He just claims to have had many teachers. This makes me even more skeptical.

To me he sounds like a lot of lineages in certain martial arts sound. He sounds like he wants to make a buck off of dumb people.

Don't forget that he has astral spies out keeping an eye on things for him.

Chang Style Novice
05-26-2004, 10:31 PM
Jeezus Aitch Christ on a crutch.

Astrology now?!!?

Man, it just gets better and better from BL.

Asia
05-27-2004, 01:09 AM
Ak is a master of the invisble art that is ninjitsu...If you have no knowledge of this system ...I really don't think you're qualified to do much more than submit queries.

I'ved studied ninjutsu for over 15yrs, starting in Japan, and I say Ashida Kim is FULL OF ****. He claims to teach a KOGA school which all BS ninja teachers try to claim but make three BIG mistakes. 1) Koga and Iga are just regions the actual ninjutsu school would have its own name. Exp Kumogakure Ryu is from the Iga reigion. Kim's KOGA Hai Lung Ryu doesn't make any sense. 2) Ninjutsu from Koga is DEAD! 3) Ninjutsu from Koga is DEAD! Now I know that it technically only 2 mistakes but the second one is SOOOO big that it had to be mentioned twice.

Bottomline anyway you slice it if you believe Ashida Kim is a Ninja master you need your head checked.

blooming lotus
05-27-2004, 01:39 AM
hmmmmm...guess I'll be off for an appointment then

scotty1
05-27-2004, 02:44 AM
About time too. ;)

SevenStar
05-27-2004, 03:57 AM

7....................that's what i meant when I was addressing balance...it can be decieving in measuring actual resistence...but if your balance is right for a counter, it should look effortless...besides..Gf has a great thnking players point.....when you find yourself about to be thrown, often your best defence is not to resist it, but to roll with it ( lol)...and in the meantime consider your exit and counter...forc with force???....I don't think so.......

It's not an issue of force with force. IF YOU ARE ALREADY OFF BALANCE, then you go with the throw. they weren't about to be thrown in this vid. they just walk up to each other and throw. If resisting a throw is force with force, then you have no clue about stand up grappling.

Also, read GF's post again -

"Its like I said earlier. Those throws were parlor tricks. I know from watching demos of akido and other grappling arts, that when you get flipped or tossed you go with it."

use your genius IQ level comprehension on it. He's saying that the throws were fake. they were going with the throws, just like and aikidoka would go with one in a demo.

SevenStar
05-27-2004, 03:59 AM
Originally posted by scotty1
About time too. ;)

It wouldn't be the first time. She's said before that having a mental assessment done is how she found out she has a genius level IQ! :eek:

Serpent
05-27-2004, 06:18 AM
And she claims to have had a clean bill of mental health. None of it matters. If all the psychs in Australia (or the world for that matter) all told her she was stark, staring biscuits, she'd just claim that they were obviously below her intelligence level and unable to understand her.

Denial is a wonderful thing...

scotty1
05-27-2004, 07:06 AM
...not just found in Egypt. :)

Shaolinlueb
05-27-2004, 07:10 AM
Its like I said earlier. Those throws were parlor tricks. I know from watching demos of akido and other grappling arts, that when you get flipped or tossed you go with it. In reality when someone cranks your arm the way it doesn't go you will drop right to the ground and something will probably dislocate. That is because there would be resistance and they would be fighting back

when you see like an akido master doing a demo people "go" with the toss. Its good tumbling practice and they do not get hurt that way. I have almost had my wrist broken doing chin na before and it hurt so bad I just fell to the ground. If I had flipped with the wrist lock I would not have been hurt, but I would be on the ground.

Also, just using akido as an example its a good system not dissing it

about the chin na. if you try to resist you can hurt yourself. ive been taught to go with it and try to flow into something else to counter it. could they be doing the same in the video? IDK.

blooming lotus
05-28-2004, 03:01 AM
7 *....that's not what I said...my Iq and mental stability has been tested various times over the last 14 or so yrs...I've been a "phenemonen" for some time.....I 've also been offered lead positions in te army and studied branches of nlp, nuero-ascience,counselling and psychology...I don't care what any of you think...I am e one serious freakin intellegent chick...and until I either see your I.Q. results or see uo post somethiong that makes sense...you are nothing but light entertainment......I can't even get an intellegent discussion here anymore, because beofre it even gets off the ground, some half wit goes "hold up..hold up...bl;ah blah blah"then we get caught up in the troll and forget to reserve judgment and hear all the evidence...half you are a joke and the half ....idunno...but you should consider entertainment......I feel like I'm talking to bucnh of immature uneducated freakin children...are you grown or what???...can you handle a a disscussion without getting personal and remain objective???....work it out and let us know when you're ready to play with the grown ups

scotty1
05-28-2004, 03:34 AM
Jesus, Bl, why has your mental stability been tested at all?

Is it because you come off like a loon?

As far as I can tell, you come on here posting stuff (mainly on the health and fitness forum) which runs contrary to commonly held beliefs of lots of posters on the board. When they disagree using clear logical arguments and citing studies and stuff you pull your alleged IQ out rather than offering a reasoned response back, which makes you out to be really arrogant.

Plus your other claims, which just seem pretty outlandish.

Maybe they are true, stranger things have happened, but instead of shoving your IQ down people's throats as the reason why you
are right about everything - how about doing what everyone else does and just argue about the facts? Keep your supposed personal brilliance out of it, believe me, no matter what you say, if you continue to write what you do, how you do, and keep claiming that you're some sort of mega-brain people are going to continue to take the p!ss, and deservedly so.

And don't give me a "whatever :rolleyes: " either.

dodger87
05-28-2004, 03:48 AM
I am e one serious freakin intellegent chick...and until I either see your I.Q. results or see uo post somethiong that makes sense...you are nothing but light entertainment......
Well for starters why don't you make sense for once.

Someone get bloodninja so he can put on a robe and wizard hat and turn BL into a REAL beautiful woman.

blooming lotus
05-28-2004, 04:03 AM
Originally posted by scotty1
Jesus, Bl, why has your mental stability been tested at all?

I guess that would because of
A. a juvinielle prison term
B. my freak intellegent the experts couldn't explain or compete with
or
C. My time spent recruiting for the army
or even
D. the amount of international travel I've done and country - entryty requirements..........

I had it hard as a kid you know...I was kidnapped at 14 and held prisoner for 12 months in a dingey caravan subjected to violence, sexual asualt tri-daily and had my abusers occult dealings and criminal activity to logicise.......so to figure us both out I studied.....and studied...and to work off my anger at being so vulnerable i trained like the soldier I am who got through all that shoit......with enough left to put back my experience into society.....

In the proccess they found that by some freak of nature I had higher intellect than 95% of the international community...I'm attributing most of that to my hardships and diligence of recovery.......I don't think you understand how smart I really am...when I'm in secular society I meditate on world problems...and it's not often I don't solve them...at a governmental, scientific, economic, environmental, medical or whatever...but It's not my trip at the moment so they''re just thoughts .....you can say what you like....but if you don't unestand me and would prefer to criticise or argue and gather support for why I should live secularly or present as the average joe I'm not........I understand ....

......trust me......i'm a counsellor.........

scotty1
05-28-2004, 04:17 AM
Quite frankly BL everything you say, whether true or not, presented in the way it is on an internet forum, comes off like a load of sh!t.

Your life gets more outrageous and unbelievable all the time!

If you ever want to be taken seriously, start posting some sensible posts, and stop telling us how bloody intelligent you are!

blooming lotus
05-28-2004, 04:39 AM
well understand the real thryth of that andwe can let it go!!!

scotty1
05-28-2004, 04:54 AM
What? That doesn't even make sense!

In short BL, shut the fvck up about your unverifiable intelligence.

dodger87
05-28-2004, 05:02 AM
well understand the real thryth of that andwe can let it go!!!

LOL, for someone with such a high IQ you really have poor spelling. Right now you are like a homeless beggar trying to convince people that he is a millionaire. No, wait, billionaire sounds more appropiate.

Internal Boxer
05-28-2004, 05:22 AM
Ok guys listen up........ Its pretty clear where Blooming lotus is coming from.

Lets say all her lifes experiences, from intellectual to model, hard upbringing and so on are in fact true (although it does sound and smell like BS)

If you notice she always steers any post back to duscuss her favourite topic:- HERSELF!

Now people who have a tendency to talk about themselves constantly are often self obsessed insecure people who are always looking for attention. Maybe this is due to the alleged hard upbringing she has suffered. Who knows?

My point is the best way to handle her is not to bother replying to her post or discuss any topics she raises because ultimately she LOVES the attention.

(the next tactic will be "I don't talk about myself its just others criticise me so I have to defend myself" or along the those lines. In other words putting the responsibility back on others)

I actually feel pretty sorry for the poor girl.

BTW Yes, I see the Irony about my post:D

Asia
05-28-2004, 05:31 AM
In light of this I would like to say,

"I'm cool and I thing Ashida Kim and this fake fight video SUCK ASS! So if you want to be cool like me, and I know you do! You will laugh at pple like BL and continue on. And remember AHA_I (All HAIL ASIA THE INVINCIBLE!)!!!":cool:

Christopher M
05-28-2004, 05:35 AM
Ps..everyone is crazy in their own right....what's at the bottom of your subconcious...

Is this a Freudian thing, from your studies in counselling psychology?

scotty1
05-28-2004, 05:41 AM
Internal Boxer, I think maybe you're right.

Gangsterfist
05-28-2004, 09:26 AM
Originally posted by Shaolinlueb

about the chin na. if you try to resist you can hurt yourself. ive been taught to go with it and try to flow into something else to counter it. could they be doing the same in the video? IDK.

Yes go with it, if you can't get out of it. You gotta be quick and I was not quick enough and before I could apply any kind of micromovent, or elbow adjustment that pain was too much to handle. I was not resisting I was shocked by how fast it was. Chin na is hard to pull off, you must be quick and skilled with your technique.

The person who was applying it was my sifu at the time, so his skill was way better than mine. He did not mean to apply it that hard either, it just happened that way.

FatherDog
05-28-2004, 09:33 AM

In the proccess they found that by some freak of nature I had higher intellect than 95% of the international community...I'm attributing most of that to my hardships and diligence of recovery.......I don't think you understand how smart I really am...when I'm in secular society I meditate on world problems...and it's not often I don't solve them...at a governmental, scientific, economic, environmental, medical or whatever...but It's not my trip at the moment so they''re just thoughts .....

This is comedy gold, folks.

Shaolinlueb
05-28-2004, 09:36 AM

Yes go with it, if you can't get out of it. You gotta be quick and I was not quick enough and before I could apply any kind of micromovent, or elbow adjustment that pain was too much to handle. I was not resisting I was shocked by how fast it was. Chin na is hard to pull off, you must be quick and skilled with your technique.

The person who was applying it was my sifu at the time, so his skill was way better than mine. He did not mean to apply it that hard either, it just happened that way.

that sucks man, was he doing it as a demo? did it heal well?

SevenStar
05-28-2004, 09:41 AM
I am e one serious freakin intellegent chick...and until I either see your I.Q. results or see uo post somethiong that makes sense...you are nothing but light entertainment......I can't even get an intellegent discussion here anymore

before you make a statement like that, take advantage of spell check...

If there's no intelligent conversation, why do you stay?

Gangsterfist
05-28-2004, 09:49 AM
I healed okay. He massaged it with some Jow right after it happend and set my wrist back in place. Sometimes you get a little hurt when training kung fu. I didn't mind. I now know what it really feels like ha ha ha, and know what to expect when its applied to me. If he had fully applied it, my wrist would have definately been broken instead of just popped out of socket.

We were doing chin na practice one whole class and I was the test dummy for most of the applications. Either sifu liked tossing me around, or just liked the fact that I always volunteered to get hurt ha ha ha.

About I.Q., its meaningless to me. Not trying toot my own horn here but when I was younger I tested in the top 1% for math skills and they put me in this advanced class playing the stock market with fake money at the age of 9 or 10. I honestly wanted to play on the computers more than I wanted to participate in the class. When I hit highschool level I no longer cared for my studies. I would rather have a good time with my life than work hard my whole life, and since then I have done just that. Being successful has little to do with intellegence its more about how hard you work. I would rather practice kung fu, read, play video games, and go out for drinks than work at some mindless job for some corporation.

Everyones goals are different. Not to mention IQ testing is not standardized nor globaly recognized either. So, basically your IQ means two things, jack and crap, and crap just left town. Only if you can apply your intellegence to the real world is it then effective.

blooming lotus
05-28-2004, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by SevenStar

why do I stay??? very good question.....I guess it's becuase every now and then there really is some genuinely good information here that I don't wanna miss...even if it means dealing with moronic fools day to day and enduring the trolls....

in reply to scotty1.....not so, my friend, I can swear that somewhere on these boards previosly I have posted my most recent Iq score putting me around 140 ish.....do you understand that capacity??????.............as for the spelling...so goddanmed what....often I have little time and am in a hurry......I'm just lucky to log on now you mention it........

Chang Style Novice
05-28-2004, 08:32 PM
In my view, this latest flurry of posts places BL as the #1 troll I've seen on this board easily surpassing Ralek, and definitely top 5 for all my time on the internet, right up there with the various incarnations of Hazel Shade/Hulga Hopewell and the vicious sh!t-stirrer Susan M.

I'm thinking there is no Blooming Lotus. She's somebody's alternate identity here. Somebody having a laugh at how outrageous their stories can become while some people still take them seriously.

Stick a fork in her folks, she's done.

Vash
05-28-2004, 08:37 PM
It'd be seriously **** funny if blooming lotus turned out to be another of Xebs' breaks from reality.

Chang Style Novice
05-28-2004, 08:50 PM
Don't think it's our boy Marco, but someone who's been here a while at least as a lurker for certain.

Vash
05-28-2004, 09:14 PM
I bet it's Ralek. :eek: :cool: :D ;)

Chang Style Novice
05-28-2004, 10:03 PM
That's seriously a possibility. MUCH better technique than Ralek has shown before, though.

Vash
05-28-2004, 10:21 PM
Mayhaps he's decided to play a completely different character this time.

The juxtaposition of BJJ and CMA would also fit in nicely with the 180 he would pull to be a woman.

Sleepy time.

blooming lotus
05-28-2004, 11:25 PM
I could drop names here for varification, but since all the conspiracy theorists have it nailed...I'm just going to let it slide....enjoy your fantasies......

Asia
05-28-2004, 11:41 PM
WOW you are just like Ashida Kim.

You could drop names to verify that you are not FOS but yet you don't!!!:eek:

I don't know about you but if pple are trashing me and I could back up what I say then I would most likely do it. Especially if I plan on continuing interaction with said pple. (ie you keep posting here without pple calling you on your BS)

But I guess my IQ isn't high enough to understand.:rolleyes:

blooming lotus
05-29-2004, 02:26 AM
you're emotional IQ???...I understand....please go no further ;)

dodger87
05-29-2004, 09:13 AM
Emotional IQ? That makes no sense.

If BL and AK joined forces they could take over the world.

cerebus
05-29-2004, 11:22 AM
ROFLMAO! Dude, if BL & AK joined forces the only thing they could do is stand-up comedy! :p :p :p

blooming lotus
05-29-2004, 08:13 PM
is that right???..comminmg fromfolks who don't understand an emotional itellgence quotiant, ...................get a godammed education then troll....later :rolleyes:

Brad
05-29-2004, 08:19 PM
*....that's not what I said...my Iq and mental stability has been tested various times over the last 14 or so yrs...I've been a "phenemonen" for some time.....
Is a 140 IQ really high enough to be considered a phenomenon? Or "freak intellegence"? :confused: While pretty darn high, I don't think it's really THAT unusual :p At least not high enough to get a big head over, lol.

cerebus
05-29-2004, 08:24 PM
Well, she's a "freak", I'll give her that!:D

I'm also quite sure that the doctors evaluating her were very surprised by her IQ.....and the fact that she survived to adulthood with it being so low!:p

Need we even question whether or not she's lying her arse off?

Brad
05-29-2004, 08:30 PM
Oh, and forget about Ashida Kim...
Here's a link to some REAL NINJA ACTION!!! (http://www.cheerleaderninjas.com/images/LG_DVD_300.jpg)

cerebus
05-29-2004, 08:33 PM
Oh geez! Don't show her that! It'll be like throwin' water on a grease fire. She'll get that video and use it as her own secret training manual!:D :D :D (Though I'm willing to bet she looks more like the guy who directed it than the girls who starred in it :p ).

blooming lotus
05-29-2004, 09:04 PM
Originally posted by Brad

Is a 140 IQ really high enough to be considered a phenomenon? Or "freak intellegence"? :confused: While pretty darn high, I don't think it's really THAT unusual :p At least not high enough to get a big head over, lol.

thank you for you showing me your understanding...but screw you all the same..the av. cit has Iq...from 75 - 100 einsteins was claose to 150....have a w*nk.....drop kick...........

after thought.....W*nkers :rolleyes:

CaptinPickAxe
05-29-2004, 09:08 PM
but screw you all the same..the av. cit has Iq...from 75 - 100 einsteins was claose to 150....have a w*nk.....drop kick...........

spoken like true genius...

cerebus
05-29-2004, 09:09 PM
Ha ha! WELL! THERE! Gee, she sure showed us!:p :p

Yo, BS...I mean BL (makes me think "Bloody Lunatic" :p ) you're fulla sh!t and you know it. Your posts demonstrate the IQ of a retarded Egg McMuffin (TM)!:p

You would get along very well with Ashida Kim and Frank Dux (and David Bannon for that matter).

Brad
05-29-2004, 10:15 PM
thank you for you showing me your understanding...but screw you all the same..the av. cit has Iq...from 75 - 100 einsteins was claose to 150....have a w*nk.....drop kick...........
lol, since when is 75 average? For someone who's using her IQ to look down on people, I'd think you'd have done a bit of research... at least a google search about what IQ means ;) 75 is borderline mentally handicaped, while Einsteins IQ was just above 160... sounds like you're making things up to make yourself seem more intellegent than you are(or making everything up, period). Aprox. 1 in 100 people have an IQ of 140+. Pretty high, but still I hardly think you're unique enough to qualify as a "phenom", lol. There should be around 110,000 or so people here in Ohio alone with IQ's as high or higher than yours :P

cerebus
05-29-2004, 10:26 PM
Going by percentages, I'd guess that about 99.9 percent of the people in Ohio have an IQ higher than hers. The rest are being cared for by professionals.:D

Christopher M
05-29-2004, 10:45 PM
Is a 140 IQ really high enough to be considered a phenomenon?

Formally speaking, the IQ measurement is contrived to have a mean of 100 and a standard deviation of 15. Less than 0.4% of the population has an IQ > 140.

There's alot of faux-IQ tests out there though.

As an aside, this is among the knowledge legally tested/required in order for someone to call themselves a counsellor, in states where the profession is regulated.

IronFist
05-29-2004, 11:09 PM

lol, since when is 75 average? ... 75 is borderline mentally handicaped, while Einsteins IQ was just above 160...

blooming lotus
05-29-2004, 11:18 PM
ok.....live in your fantsaies..I don't 2 sh*ts where you get your information but if your Iq was really competitive ..........ah...fogrget it...you're all geniuses and I'm full'o my own BS......god give me strength

on second thought......I hate talking to half wits!!!!!!!!!!

It is a personal mission I hate to deal with...and the majority of you....for your BS half educate trollin fu*ked up half logic posting trolling attempts are exactly that.....read a mother fu*king book or two !!!!!!!!!!!

for mf sake :eek: :rolleyes:

even though the av scientist ( the folks deciding the "facts" of your world as you know it.... has an Iq of 116.......give me a mother f*cking break!! nothing you say is going to convince me., so take a bench Jim , and I'll let you know when you're on

:eek:

T'ai Ji Monkey
05-29-2004, 11:30 PM
Funny thing about IQ numbers they don't measure HOW intelligent you are but your thinking patterns.

An Accountant needs a certain thinking pattern/IQ, a construction foremen needs another(which happen to be higher than the accountants).

A VERY high IQ is shared among geniuses and often "crazy"/autistic people.

In short IQ is NOT linked to how succesfull a person is going to be in life.

But I am sure as the sky is blue that our resident expert Chris M will have something to say about my comment.

Pity is that he won't be able to back ANY of his statements up with ANY form of scientific proof.

Chris M you know that it takes atleast 3 independant verifiable sources for anything to be accepted as scientific proof??

CaptinPickAxe
05-29-2004, 11:35 PM
for your BS half educate trollin fu*ked up half logic posting trolling attempts are exactly that

wow...you get dumber by the second dont ya?;)

Christopher M
05-29-2004, 11:36 PM
Originally posted by T'ai Ji Monkey
Pity is that he won't be able to back ANY of his statements up with ANY form of scientific proof.

I'm not sure which remark of mine you're unsure on (the mean and SD of IQ?), but encourage you to ask for an elaboration or sources for any remark I have given here or elsewhere. I would be happy to supply them.

blooming lotus
05-29-2004, 11:48 PM
"crazy"/autistic people.

In short IQ is NOT linked to how succesfull a person is going to be in life.

exactly!! .......I'm glad you arte aware that only 3 out of 1200 people actually "get " life and will successful..as in mey evry one of their desires and goals.....like I said....I pulled distingtions in business mangement....read a book......robert kioskey..(or something like that).... is a really good start........stop trying to patronise me...it's a serious mission and you will not succeed.........admit it....bl knows what the f*ck she's on about, and I should do just a lil more research.......................

Asia
05-30-2004, 01:01 AM
A VERY high IQ is shared among geniuses and often "crazy"/autistic people.

This is very true. One of the most, if not considered THE most, intellegent person to have lived was a stark raving loon.

Funny thing about IQ numbers they don't measure HOW intelligent you are but your thinking patterns.

I know that but I don't think BL did. I been waiting for her/he/it to hang *self on that fact.

blooming lotus
05-30-2004, 02:33 AM
actually, If you log on to www.tickle.com , not only wil the m,easure your iq, but they will also give you a prsonality assessment based on how and how quickly and with what reasoning you answered your questions...you can get a good self-evaluation by doing this....I highly recommend it..........seee you after your test..........;) :D

Ps...they qwioll also tell you how you stack against the rest of society..........

see ya then :cool:

Vash
05-30-2004, 07:31 AM
OMF! You're basing your IQ on a Tickle quiz? Now, NOW I understand. We bow to your superior intellect.

dodger87
05-30-2004, 08:17 AM
You know BL, people who read books tend to have better spelling. Unless they only read picture books.

SevenStar
05-30-2004, 09:29 AM

But I am sure as the sky is blue that our resident expert Chris M will have something to say about my comment.

Actually, in another BL bashing thread on the training forum, we pointed out that the sky isn't really blue...

Mediocrity
05-30-2004, 10:38 AM
lol, I took your little tickle IQ test...

and let me see... OH I get a 135.

HMMMM... yep it's bs.

Because I'm not a genius :D

Gangsterfist
05-30-2004, 02:18 PM
What was this thread originally about?

IQ's are measured amongst many different aspects of many different arts.

Michael jordan has a high physical IQ

Miles Davis has a high musical IQ

Einstein had a high mental IQ

so on and so forth.

cerebus
05-30-2004, 03:27 PM
I think the main problem here is as simple as miscommunication.

Whereas we use the term "IQ" to mean "intelligence quotient", BL thinks that it means "ignorance quotient", the tests for which she scored VERY highly on indeed. :p

blooming lotus
05-30-2004, 05:06 PM
I have told you over the years I have taken several Iq tesyts...if you insist on making a big ado about your insuations you are welcome to them.........

cerebus
05-30-2004, 05:14 PM
But you've never taken any spelling tests, have you? :p :p :p

EDIT: And, since the fact has apparently not registered in your "brilliant" mind, no one's "insinuating" anything. We're stating outright that you are lying your arse off!:p

Chang Style Novice
05-30-2004, 05:31 PM
Do y'all know what 'quotient' means?

It's important when understanding the concept of IQ.

cerebus
05-30-2004, 05:58 PM
The numerical ratio usually multiplied by 100 between a test score and a measurement, on which that score might be largely expected to depend...

if you want to be technically correct about it.

blooming lotus
05-30-2004, 06:13 PM
to understand it conceptually is different to reading its' meaning

KC Elbows
05-30-2004, 06:15 PM
I tested high as a kid, and I'm stupid. 140 is not that notable, except to the parents of kids who get such scores. I strongly suspect a lot of it has to do with reading in the home, but that's me talking out of my arse.

Anyway, back to the vid(now that I'm finally done reading this thread). My observations:

I. As several members have said before, that vid was choreographed pro wrestling style, which is a loose style of choreography where the fighters work together toward the same general conclusion, a fix.

Examples that support this:

-The money shot- twice midway through the fight, The shirtless guy is between the camera and the ninja(snicker). The ninja moves and the shirtless guy reels back, onto the ropes WITH THE FULL OF HIS WEIGHT, his shoulders and head lolling back as if he's lost all structure, but his footing never seeming to show the same weakness. This happens again. Later, Ashida "sends" the guy against the ropes, the guy bounces off the ropes into a kick. Did they raise the tension on the ropes? No. Where is the only place you see that move used? Pro wrestling. Is pro wrestling real? No. Is this fight? No.

-The non-resisting uke. The shirtless guy and the ninja(snicker) both never resist the throw, even though one would assume the uke would not know if the thrower were going to try to land them on the top of their shoulder or even neck, etc. More importantly, they don't seem to try to escape the throw either. Escape can be non-resisting as wel, but they seem to always opt to go along for the throw.

-The shirtless man never uses the ninjas' mask against him by twisting it to blind him, even though there are more than likely no rules that require him to not mess with his opponent's ninja mask. And please, don't bring up honor- it's a ninja, whose whole life goal would ostensibly be to stab someone in the back and poison their shogun. Well, would be if he were a ninja.

-Again, why is the only format of fighting that professionally looks like this fight pro wrestling? Because this is pro wrestling. Again, is pro wrestling supposed to be real? No.

-Back to the two blows that sent the shirtless man reeling against the ropes when he was between the ninja and the camera. Why are those two blows so singular in their apparent effect, yet never does the ninja repeat them? Supposedly, one attack completely sends the shirtless man's upper body reeling backwards, AND sets him up for the second attack, but the ninja never repeats this. It is because the blows did not send the shirtless man reeling back, the shirtless man simply used the ropes to arch his back against, because that is what you do in pro wrestling, you sell the blow, instead of having the blow sell itself. The man's footing never falters when he reels because he is not reeling, he is acting as if he is reeling, like drunken boxing, arching back onto support as a way to appear offbalance when actually balanced.

I also agree that that guy is much stouter than any pic I've seen of AK.

For the record, one group of friends of mine are stunt men, some of whom used small wrestling federations to make a little extra cash. Ironically, one was Jabuda the ninja in a federation in Illinois, perhaps the funniest wrestling I've ever seen. His career ended when a billion pound wrestler said "go along with this" during a match and did the weirdest, most jacked up throw I've ever seen, right onto Jabuda's shoulder. I've sat through so many matches that look just like this one, it's not funny. The only difference is, no one believed those other ones were real.

Chang Style Novice
05-30-2004, 06:18 PM
Exactly! And yeah, I do want to be "technically correct" because technically correct is really the ONLY KIND of correct.

Specifically, IQ measures the expectations of logic and reasoning for a particular age and compares them to the testees (no jokes, please;) ) actual abilities at whatever age they are. Furthermore, the scale only goes up to a denominator of 20. In other words, IQ is basically for teens - people younger than 20.

Allow me to give an example.

If, at age 15, you score on the test the way a 16 year old is supposed to score, you'd have an IQ (intellegence quotient - ignore BL's blatherings about 'emotional IQ' and 'physical IQ' - the I in IQ stands for intellegence, nothing else)

where was I? Oh, yeah

16/15=1.067x100=106.

An IQ of 107, rounding up.

If at 15 you answered the way a 20 year old is expected to, you'd have an IQ of 133.

Of course, this is only the briefest precis on IQ. To really get a better understanding of why it is an imperfect, culturally biased measure of intellegence - a word that does, in fact, comprise many distinct traits some measurable, some not - I recommend Stephen Jay Gould's "The Mismeasure of Man."

Chang Style Novice
05-30-2004, 06:20 PM
MAJOR crosspost.

Hey KC! Good to see you around here again, talking sense and making good observations, as usual.

blooming lotus
05-30-2004, 06:22 PM
:rolleyes:

when you take other stanndardiesed factors into account, it is entirely feasible to conduct IQ tests on adults...140 is huge by any standard, and you're right...EQ is what I meant, and is extremely important to a sound mind..................

Ps...if they're unimportant and have no assementakl value, why do they exist in criminal and mental health assessment fields?????

KC Elbows
05-30-2004, 06:22 PM
I know at thirty, I felt smartest when drinking hundred year old scotch. What was my iq?

cerebus
05-30-2004, 06:27 PM
Heh, heh, heh. CSN said..."testees". Huh, huh, huh.:D :D

Though your explanation does throw light on why BL would have an EXTREMELY high IQ (much higher than she claims), because her posts sound like they're coming from a (senile) 90 year old!:p

Chang Style Novice
05-30-2004, 06:28 PM
LOL at KC and BL, for entirely different reasons.

You know, I said earlier that I think BL is one of the longtimers having a bit of fun. It never occured to me that it could be you KC, you lurking SOB.

And now that you've responded to her with some seriousness, I guess you're ruled out, along with GDA.

Hmmmm...

cerebus
05-30-2004, 06:29 PM
LOL @ KC Elbows!:p Maybe that's it!! BL is swiggin' old whiskey while posting!:p

blooming lotus
05-30-2004, 06:30 PM
I dont whether to this :rolleyes:

or this

:confused: ...now you're just being silly.......

Ps...if 140 is so unimpressive and einstein s' was 150 ish ( hough i thibnk I'm being generous if memory serves)...what r trying to say, that everyone could've split the atom?????........whose ego???

I think I'll go with :rolleyes:

cerebus
05-30-2004, 06:35 PM
BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! Oh, okay, WE'RE the ones being silly!!! ROFLMAO!!!:p :p :p :p :p :p

KC Elbows
05-30-2004, 06:36 PM
CSN, good to see ya!

BL,
I tested in the 130-140 range as a kid, it's not that notable. It's good, but it's also meaningless, like any test. It's meant to measure something, not be something, and what it measures is not all that important, as anyone whose met many mensa members can tell you. As for EQ, again, the tools for measurements and their results are waaaay less important than other details. These tests are some of the bluntest tools in the toolchest of the modern mental sciences, in my uneducated opinion. The vast majority of people with 140+ iq's will advance the knowledge of man not one iota, and since that's the point, the rest is just a needless ego boost, imo. The need for that number to be massive is, imo, a negative one. I've got a nephew with aspbergers, he's insanely smart in his own way, but dumb might be better.

And the problem with measuring Einstein's iq is that you're talking about measuring a mind that vastly changed the world by the thinking of a mind that didn't, imo.

CaptinPickAxe
05-30-2004, 06:37 PM
we should request an IPC check...I bet it is a regualar jus fukin' with us. MerryPrankster?

blooming lotus
05-30-2004, 06:40 PM
Originally posted by KC Elbows
CSN, good to see ya!

BL,
I tested in the 130-140 range as a kid, it's not that notable. It's good, but it's also meaningless, like any test. It's meant to measure something, not be something, and what it measures is not all that important, as anyone whose met many mensa members can tell you. As for EQ, again, the tools for measurements and their results are waaaay less important than other details. These tests are some of the bluntest tools in the toolchest of the modern mental sciences, in my uneducated opinion. The vast majority of people with 140+ iq's will advance the knowledge of man not one iota, and since that's the point, the rest is just a needless ego boost, imo. The need for that number to be massive is, imo, a negative one. I've got a nephew with aspbergers, he's insanely smart in his own way, but dumb might be better.

And the problem with measuring Einstein's iq is that you're talking about measuring a mind that vastly changed the world by the thinking of a mind that didn't, imo.

what an optimistic attitude you have

blooming lotus
05-30-2004, 06:42 PM
Originally posted by KC Elbows
CSN, good to see ya!

BL,

what an optimistic attitude you have ....besides....everyones contribution to society is important in its' own way and for its' own reason.....every interaction by some measure "changing the world"

Vash
05-30-2004, 06:44 PM
assementakl

. . . que?

blooming lotus
05-30-2004, 06:49 PM
assessmental

KC Elbows
05-30-2004, 06:52 PM
Others than Einstein were on their way to splitting the atom. Others than freud were on their way to mapping the unconscious. There's a term for this, rarely if ever in human history has advancement been solely dependent on one individual, even when one got credit. I don't know that term, but I know that more than one other forum member could tell me it.

Einstein did not split the atom because of his iq. He did not even find how because of his iq. IQ cannot measure what no one before has known, because those writing the test cannot know it. As was said before, IQ is what some think people know at a certain time, should know at a later time, and what the difference is. What is unknown is unmeasurable. Unmeasurable doesn't mean above the thoughts of the measurers. It means what the measurers were ignorant of the existence of. Ignorance is not often the outer edge of our knowledge, it is the holes in it. I am completely ignorant of the purpose of the anode, but not completely ignorant of the purpose of a resistor. Is this because the resister is simpler that the anode? No. It's because I happen to know something about one and not the other.

In this case, I happen to know something about professional wrestling that apparently, some others do not. I can show you an example. It's the link in the first post. I am genius.

cerebus
05-30-2004, 06:56 PM
BL, in your case the word is "as$-mental"!:p

blooming lotus
05-30-2004, 06:58 PM
of course it was a culmination of past efforts and the trend of societal thinking at that stime, but I beg to differ his intellect wasn't a key factor to him reaching the post first

Vash
05-30-2004, 07:03 PM
assessmental

Ah, that's in the dictionary about as often as assementakl.

Please inform we of the non-Tickle-anal-eye-sed (wink wink) what this word actually means?