PDA

View Full Version : Shen Tao Taijiquan...

CaptinPickAxe
05-17-2004, 04:22 PM
Lung Mo H'sing I Chu'an. I was wondering if anyone has heard of these branches of internal arts? There is a school here in Denver that teaches these, but I've never heard of them before. Is it legit?

www.iwt-ma.org

8gua
05-17-2004, 04:50 PM
looks like a load of **** to me....may not be...but when ever people lay it on really heavy like that
"an exclusively private trainning"....looks like it may be a school that I used to see out when I lived in Colorado, but at that time it was some kind of snake boxing or I can't quite remember, but it just looked like wing chun to me. If you are close give it a smell then you will know...but i would say it does not seem to be "transparent"

T'ai Ji Monkey
05-17-2004, 04:54 PM
One thing I have noted that most of those "new" and "secret" styles seem to pop up in the USA and hardly ever in other countries.

Hmmm, makes me think. ;)

Felipe Bido
05-17-2004, 07:30 PM
Looks like the part about Hsing I exaggerates known facts about old masters:

One of our most famous GrandMasters was called Divine Crushing Hand because he killed over a hundred men in duels.

I think they refer to Guo Yunshen, "Divine Crushing Hand", who killed ONE man in a duel.

One of our greatest GrandMasters weighed over 350 lbs. and yet could defeat a foe without witnesses seeing his hands move -- he was that fast!

This part may be Wang Shujing...and, even if he was a large man, I doubt he weighed 350 lbs.

A 70 year old Master that barely weighed over 110 lbs. could beat all of his students in a mile-long race uphill or downhill.

There's a story about Sun Lutang going to visit his mother's grave at the top of a mountain. His students couldn't keep up with his pace of taking a bow each five steps. There was no race.

And...

- The 3,000-year-old 13-Move Foot Postures used to out-maneuver all assaults

I have never heard of that in Hsing I.

CaptinPickAxe
05-20-2004, 01:46 PM
Peep this...

The school teaches Black Scorpion.

norther practitioner
05-20-2004, 03:10 PM
Wow, I've never seen them...

tell me if you check them out.

MonkeySlap Too
05-20-2004, 03:12 PM
Black Scorpion? Might be related to Nova Kinsky's Gren dragon society out of Chicago.

CaptinPickAxe
05-20-2004, 03:30 PM
I plan on checkin' them out, but I smell something fishy. Heres the score:

One Art is $65/month, two Arts are $110/month and all three are $130/month.

Thats kinda steep.

SPJ
06-02-2004, 08:39 PM
Shen Dao is a variant of Daoism.

They believe that no matter what you do, nothing is going to change.

It is sort of abandoned a long time ago.

As for the school, I do not know who they are.

Personally, It is tough to mix a lot of things in class.

I studied some Mogolian Suai Jiao.

I have relatives practicing Tibetan Buddhism.

I studied Wu Dang Wushu and mainstream Daoism for a long time.

To mix all of them, it is tough or a long long way of study.

Just a thought!

:cool: