PDA

View Full Version : Falun Gongers Pay A Visit to ABQ

Banjos_dad
05-18-2004, 06:14 AM
Yesterday a traveling group of Falun Gong people held a demonstration here in Albuq. to draw attention to Falung Gong and the circumstance of the fugitive Falun Gong founder.
In the downtown government office complex "Civic Plaza" they had people holding signs, and also displays such as a man on tied into a makeshift gallows, and also a man confined in a wooden 'tiger cage' type structure, looking out mournfully.
On the news they interviewed some F-G-ers, they didn't wander far from vagaries such as, how wonderful & life changing F-G is.

I don't know if anyone else is posting from Alb so I thought I'd mention it here to document it.

I practice some Shaolin & taoist qigong, but I would want to stay distanced from Falun Gong, if for no other reason than to avoid trouble in the future: I would love to, and hope to, visit China some day. I don't have anything against them. KL posted some enlightening things regarding the founder recently.
FWIW

EDIT--I should be sure to spell out here that I don't condone Falun Gong, before someone accuses me of promoting it. Y'all know how that can be.
:)