PDA

View Full Version : Internal Strikes and Internal Palms

EULOGY
05-18-2004, 10:43 AM
I have heard that internal palm strikes or internal strikes can cause one's opponents' muscles to spasm and thus taking away his ability to fight.

If internal strikes are so powerful, then why are they not used in full-contact fights and tournaments, such as the UFC or others like it?

What would be the result if they were?

Does one have to be totally relaxed to perform an internal strike and if so, would that not make them nearly impossible in real competitions or combat situations?

Exploding the inside of the watermelon without breaking the shell - is this some type of trick and if so, how can it be done?

Henry
05-18-2004, 10:56 AM
christ im sick of all this why isnt it used in the ufc, the ufc is not no holds barred, it has rules and regs so the fighters dont get hurt as in any other sort.seriously, if some guy was able to use it they would be up for man slaughter if they killed a guy in the ring.

btw, i have not yet seen a person turn a melons inside to mush

secondly, the boyz would tap you out anywayz.

btw, UFC IS NOT THE BE ALL AND END ALL, MA HAVE BEEN DOING FINE FOR THE LAST 1000YRS WITHOUT IT.

Fu-Pow
05-18-2004, 11:33 AM
Exploding the inside of the watermelon without breaking the shell - is this some type of trick and if so, how can it be done?

Have you actually seen this done? You know a lot of these types of demonstrations are just parlor tricks. I wouldn't take it too seriously.

Internal strikes are more potent because they are more "focused" ie more pressure is applied to a smaller surface area in shorter amount of time.

This makes the strikes more "penetrating."

So if a person is hit with an internal strike they may have a small bruise but that bruise goes very deep because a great force was transferred into that small area.

Apparently, this type of striking was very important in the North of China where people wore heavy coats in the wintertime. A regular strike just wouldn't cut it.

But when you start talking about damaging objects on the inside without damaging the outside AT ALL then you are basically saying that something like Lin Kong Jing or "Empty Force" exists.

This violates established laws of physics so I wouldn't count on it being real.

Ray Pina
05-18-2004, 01:03 PM
I've been training internal now for three years specifically as a fighter. My master has not shown or mentioned any "special" hitting that destroys ya from the inside out.

What he has shown me is a better way of using my skeletal and muscular system and I can say I'm hitting at least 3 times harder than I was before. I've also learned how to use short power but I can't kill anyone with it unless we're talking holding onto their head and isssuing power to snap their neck or perhaps strike the throat or manipulate the spine ... the technique is not unique, just the delivery system.

I have learned Hsing-I's "eagle" which adds a unique twist to striking, but again, it has more to do with addind speed (velocity) onto the end of a heavy blow delivered from the body.

My master has seen and studied a lot, and maybe I will be privy to some "higher level" striking in the future but for now I am satisfied and have quite a full plate.

As for killing fruit, I know one trick where I can cut a bannana in three pieces from across the room using just my chi ..... oh, and a needle and thread before hand.

As for the UFC, I would like to perform there someday. I need to win some major San Da events. I'm hoping I can perform well this September in King of the Ring. I truly believe my master's technique will fair best in lighter gloved, less ruled environments, but I don't fool myself .... if I can't beat these San Da guys under their rules I have no business looking ahead; so I'm taking a step by step aproach. One thing I will add, I'm 30 and I can compete with the younger athlete no problem. My master is 63+ and kicks my a$$. This is what I'm looking for.

EULOGY
05-18-2004, 01:40 PM
I want everyone to be clear as to my definition of an internal strike. An internal strike is a strike where all of the force goes inside of your opponent's body without injuring the outside of the body. By doing so, one can cause deep bruises, cause muscle spasms, or if they are immoral people causing internal bleeding or damaging organs.

As far as physics are concerned, this is possible. The U.S. military has bombs that can fry one's insides and leave one's outsides in tact. WIth human beings, there would need to be a powerful vibration that would be caused when striking.

CaptinPickAxe
05-18-2004, 02:03 PM
You can't compare bombs and fists.

I don't belive its possible to damage the inside without any sort of marking or redness on the skin. It is a strike to the outside, you know. There are penetrating attacks, but most will leave a tell-tale redness or bruise on the skin.

Fu-Pow
05-18-2004, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by EULOGY
I want everyone to be clear as to my definition of an internal strike. An internal strike is a strike where all of the force goes inside of your opponent's body without injuring the outside of the body. By doing so, one can cause deep bruises, cause muscle spasms, or if they are immoral people causing internal bleeding or damaging organs.

As far as physics are concerned, this is possible. The U.S. military has bombs that can fry one's insides and leave one's outsides in tact. WIth human beings, there would need to be a powerful vibration that would be caused when striking.

Again, have you actually seen this happen? Have you experienced it yourself? Or is it hearsay from someone else? Which bombs are you talking about? What is the mechanism that allows them to destroy someone internally and leave them in tact? If it is possible by a bomb or machine, does it necessarily mean that the human body would actually be capable of delivering that kind of force or vibration to another human body?

My thought is probably not.

EULOGY
05-18-2004, 03:30 PM
In all honesty, I have to admit that I have never seen it or experienced it myself. I read about this in Park Bok Nam's book, The Fundamentals of Pa Kua Chang and Wong Kiew Kit's books on Shaolin Kung Fu.

NeedsPractice
05-18-2004, 08:40 PM
I dont believe the question being asked is so improbable. Maybe its being stated or explained incorrectly ( that I dont know). I do know from experience that sometimes ( in construction/carpentry for example) you need to strike something without damaging it so you put something in between to help transfer the impact without damaging the surface of the object on the other side. .
Another example to degree is being slightly rear ended while in a car. YOu look at the bumper of your car and there is no noticable damage but you still got a good jerk while sitting in the car and may have back pain later.
TO me it just sounds like striking the surface but not trying to strike through the object so your energy is transferred through. THe majority of the time people practice punching or kicking they are trying to strike through for power rather than transfer force at the surface.
Think fah jing maybe? I dont claim to be an expert.

CD Lee
05-19-2004, 05:54 AM
'Cmon man, use your common sporting sense. IF someone could burst internal organs with certain types of strikes, and I believe they can, why in the world would someone do that in a UFC match or any other sporting match? I mean, think about it.

Let me ask you this. Can an eyeball be gauged out of it's socket with your fingers? How come they don't do that in a UFC match?

Let me ask you a question, really all of us. If we were in a brutal boxing match, and suddenly you information from a higher power, that if you could land only three more head shots on your exhausted opponent, he would die from brain injuries. Bell Rings....WOULD 'YOU' DO IT? Full foreknowlege and intent.

Buddy
05-19-2004, 06:45 AM
Well I don't know about turning watermelon into soup but certainly you can use fajing to hurt the inside w/o leaving a mark outside. At least I can, and I'm only a middling sort. Jusy try pulsing your power with 'Ji' (press or squeeze from Yang/Wu Taiji)

Fu-Pow
05-19-2004, 10:07 AM
Originally posted by EULOGY
In all honesty, I have to admit that I have never seen it or experienced it myself. I read about this in Park Bok Nam's book, The Fundamentals of Pa Kua Chang and Wong Kiew Kit's books on Shaolin Kung Fu.

I'd take what you read with a grain of salt. I'm can't speak to either of these teachers skill as martial artists because I have not met them. However, they should not be perpetuating this kind of information.

Unless they are capable of producing these results in a controlled setting then they should not make such claims. Especially because the physical mechanism which allows this to happen is questionable.

I've seen a lot of written material that perpetuates myths of "superhuman" powers. I believe these myths stem from fictional novels written about martial artists in ancient China. They could do all kinds of stuff in these novels, like fly , hit enemies without touching them, walk up walls, etc, etc. All stuff that we know defies laws of physics. It would be like reading a superman comic and then thinking that people could really fly.

That's not to say that the human body is not capable of increasing it's potential. I have personally felt and witnessed some strange feats of internal strength from my Taiji/Qigong teacher. These were mostly mechanical in nature and were not "supernatural." He can do amazing things with his body, things that most of us cannot do. But these things could be explained within the context of known scientific laws and could be repeated in a controlled environment.

Peace.

NeedsPractice
05-19-2004, 01:21 PM
CD LEE - Exactly, people want to win sporting events but unless they are a complete sadist or jerk they arent trying to permanently injure or kill. For the amount of armbars and leg bars used in some of these grappling events how many times is somebodys shoulder or elbow destroyed? Once you know how to do it doenst take much effort and these guys are pretty much experts, but they are trying to do just enough to win, not permanently damage.

kungfu cowboy
05-23-2004, 09:31 PM
I saw one of the best martial artists of all time, a certain Jean-Claude Van Damme, perform exactly that feat in Bloodsport, a movie based on a real life ninja!

md1
05-28-2004, 09:50 AM
yea ..yea. all kidding aside i saw that happen this past weekend at a demo. i thought it was impressive. but what do i know.