PDA

View Full Version : Ego's superior Northern skillz

Ben Gash
05-19-2004, 04:07 AM
www.geocities.com/goktimus/Martial.html
Now I'm a lumbering, uneducated peasant fighter with static footwork and no valuable fighting skills, but I kick ten times better than that (and FYI Kelvin, the front kicks in Tan Tui should be toe pokes, not heel thrusts (hence "Springing").It's a linear kick, so fulcrum theory doesn't really apply, and heel kicks seriously lack penetration as it's hard to get your hips behind them once they're above a certain level).:cool:

David Jamieson
05-19-2004, 12:37 PM
actually ben, not saying nothing about ego's stuff, but there are heel kicks in tantui 10 roads.

road 5 has heel kicks, as do 7 and 8 and road 9 has a high heel kick.

but 2nd, 4th, 6th and 10th roads uses the toe.

cheers

Ben Gash
05-20-2004, 05:17 AM
Hmm, my Zhaquan Tan Tui doesn't :p

Shaolinlueb
05-20-2004, 05:20 PM
well IMO. to teach a southern CMA northern CMA is a lot harder than teaching a northern CMA southern CMA. I have scene southern people try northern and its a lot harder for them because i guess extension of the body is different and such.

CaptinPickAxe
05-21-2004, 12:23 AM
He has two southern CMA links at the bottom of his page and he's badmouthing it? sheesh....

htowndragon
05-23-2004, 04:28 PM
has anyone ever fought ego?

cerebus
05-23-2004, 07:19 PM
Yeah, his little sister! And she kicked his AZZ!!!:D :D :D

David
05-24-2004, 02:48 AM
Originally posted by Shaolinlueb
well IMO. to teach a southern CMA northern CMA is a lot harder than teaching a northern CMA southern CMA. I have scene southern people try northern and its a lot harder for them because i guess extension of the body is different and such.

If I can say something with a little tongue-in-cheek humour, not to be taken as a cue for flaming me ;).

Southern stylists don't want to learn Northern styles but Northerners eventually realise that, to progress, they must go South! :D.

Apologies,
David

PS To prove I'm joking, I am interested in learning npm at some stage.

Mika
05-24-2004, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by David

Really? :eek:

Well, it wasn't that link *someone* posted that did for you, was it? ;)

Anywho, that's great! I can assure you, Choy Lee Fut and Tang Lang have a lot in common (probably more than CLF and any other style, but then that's just guessing and it's only from what I have seen from my very personal angle, and who cares anyway? :D )

Good for you, D-Man! :)

//mika

Shaolinlueb
05-24-2004, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by David

If I can say something with a little tongue-in-cheek humour, not to be taken as a cue for flaming me ;).

Southern stylists don't want to learn Northern styles but Northerners eventually realise that, to progress, they must go South! :D.

Apologies,
David

lol thats a good anology man.