PDA

View Full Version : BJJ vs Dillman Dim Mak

Ford Prefect
05-19-2004, 05:46 AM
The man who claims to knock people out through pressure points and the recently much discussed no-touch knockouts goes to a BJJ school for a Fox News special.

Right-click > "save as"

Then Unzip it...

http://www.angelfire.com/oz/romogracie/dimmak.zip

It's a real player file. go to real.com for a free player if you don't have one.

Ford Prefect
05-19-2004, 05:52 AM
From one of the guys at that school who met him:

"he tried to make someone judo throw him, but the guy is seriously probably 240+ lbs and he said it was because he was "stealing your energy"

he actually wanted me to do like a standing hapkido wristlock type deal on him which he called an "armbar" and i tried, but he kept squaring up and touching my arm and saying he was "stealing my energy" when actually he was just squaring up to take my leverage, so i said, "why not try on the ground?"

we went on the ground and i armbarred him and he screamed then said he had to touch my navel, which i let him. i armbarred him again, he screamed and complained because he "lost contact w/ my navel, so he couldn't take my energy." what he meant was that he didn't want me to lean back to finish the armbar, so isntead i tucked it under my arm and finished it w/ his finger up my belly button and suddenly his arm just went POP....CRRRAACK. i instantly let go and go "oh ****" and he was like "no, it's ok, i'm old...things pop all the time" as he got up using his other arm. i told him to ice it. "

Vash
05-19-2004, 06:01 AM
Angelfire does not allow that type of link.

You post-fu is weak.

Ford Prefect
05-19-2004, 06:03 AM
Right-click > "save as"

Then Unzip it...

Christopher M
05-19-2004, 06:07 AM
Originally posted by Ford Prefect
because he "lost contact w/ my navel, so he couldn't take my energy."

Sounds like the cure for sea sickness Silver offers; that if you can keep a pebble between your teeth, you'll never vomit.

Vash
05-19-2004, 06:14 AM
Bah.

This computer as no sound equipment.

Nick Forrer
05-19-2004, 06:36 AM
Rotflmao

esp. @ the no touch knock out:D

and the 'you just hit me in the head' bit. :p

red5angel
05-19-2004, 07:41 AM
hmmmm, zip files not working for me.

Shaolinlueb
05-19-2004, 07:55 AM
try it on the ground, a favorite quote of BJJ people. if they cant get the guy to the ground why do they have to say "oh try it on the ground" bah.

Shaolinlueb
05-19-2004, 08:08 AM
yeah i jsut watched it, hmm. idk thats my 2 cents.

Merryprankster
05-19-2004, 09:30 AM
Shaolinleub,

You've GOT to be kidding. GOT to be.

You read what the guy asked him to do standing, right? Too many degrees of freedom=no joint lock.

He didn't say "Do whatever lock you want standing," (because I can FIND a way to make it work if you let me lock it in), he said "do this."

That's like "Ok, throw a punch at me... no no, like this. No, from this angle... HAH! See, you can't hit me!!!":rolleyes:

SanSoo Student
05-19-2004, 09:48 AM
Man that was funny. One guy said." I get hit in the head alot", no wonder it doesn't work. Funny

Nick Forrer
05-19-2004, 09:52 AM
That story about the gun not going off under his nose is IMHO

B U L L S H I T

as well

Shaolinlueb
05-19-2004, 09:59 AM
Originally posted by Merryprankster
Shaolinleub,

You've GOT to be kidding. GOT to be.

You read what the guy asked him to do standing, right? Too many degrees of freedom=no joint lock.

He didn't say "Do whatever lock you want standing," (because I can FIND a way to make it work if you let me lock it in), he said "do this."

That's like "Ok, throw a punch at me... no no, like this. No, from this angle... HAH! See, you can't hit me!!!":rolleyes:

relax dude i was kidding :p :o :D

Ford Prefect
05-19-2004, 10:01 AM
LMFAO! I just watched it again and he no-touch KO'ed two guys at once! haha! And of course the people standing next to them to catch them were perfectly fine. Too funny.

Merryprankster
05-19-2004, 10:01 AM
Whew!

(Because a lot of BJJ guys DO say that....) :D

Chang Style Novice
05-19-2004, 10:16 AM
I can think of two ways to briefly describe what I saw on that video, and they both start with P.

Pathetic

and

Pot-bellied.

Shadowboxer
05-19-2004, 02:00 PM
Merryprankster is funny.

;)

IronFist
05-19-2004, 02:15 PM
Oh man I can't wait to watch this when I get home from work.

Dillman needs to go talk to James Randi (is that his name?) and try to get $1,000,000.

So can we conclude that BJJ > Dillman Pressure Points?

Gangsterfist
05-19-2004, 04:33 PM
then said he had to touch my navel

Did he try touching you in your swimsuit area?

Dude, real player is seriously bad for your computer. Guess I will have to download it and install it to see the clip.

Nick Forrer
05-19-2004, 05:00 PM
'Dude, real player is seriously bad for your computer.'

Why?

Ford Prefect
05-19-2004, 05:10 PM
It's generally loaded with spyware and it runs in memory at start-up eating up resources. There are codecs you can get which plug into windows media player that allows you to play real player files.

Vash
05-19-2004, 07:07 PM
When I use Realplayer (and I do. A LOT.) I run msconfig and turn off the startup thingie. On mine, it's TKBELL.EXE. And I run Spyware every other day, never turned anything up for reaplayer or associated files.

Or something.

"It only works 40% of the time." Sounds like something I'd use on someone who gets punched in the head a lot.

But hey, I wasn't a student of Dillman, so what do I know?

SevenStar
05-19-2004, 09:27 PM
Dang, the file is no longer available.

I've heard some really good things about dillman. Unfortunately, from the sounds of it, this vid would prove quite the opposite.

Christopher M
05-19-2004, 10:00 PM
You guys mock, but if that guy is ever attacked in a dark alley by his students, he'll be able to kick all their asses.

joedoe
05-19-2004, 10:12 PM
But not if his attacker is too tense

Serpent
05-19-2004, 10:42 PM
And assuming he can touch their navel....

:eek:

joedoe
05-19-2004, 10:50 PM
Or their pee pee

IronFist
05-19-2004, 11:12 PM
****! THE FILE IS GONE!!!!

I WANTED TO SEE IT SO BAD!!!

ARGH!!!!!

Hey, can someone host it?

joedoe
05-19-2004, 11:37 PM
I have it but I can't host it. Sorry.

Ford Prefect
05-20-2004, 06:21 AM
Ok, right-click and save as both these:

http://www.angelfire.com/oz/bscdthrasher1

http://www.angelfire.com/oz/bscdthrasher2

Then you'll need to combine them using winrar:

http://www.rarlab.com/rar/wrar330.exe

The Real player alternative codec for Windows Media Player can be found here:

http://www.k-litecodecpack.com/

He changed the link for some reason...

IronFist
05-20-2004, 07:13 AM
Well I'm at work now so we'll see if those are still up when I get home.

T'ai Ji Monkey
05-20-2004, 09:26 PM
Ironfist.

The Video is also up on Bullshido:

http://www.bullshido.net/modules.php?s=&name=Downloads&d_op=viewdownloaddetails&lid=80&ttitle=Dim_Mak_vs._BJJ

For the rest:

Here is what Erle Montaigue has to say about Dillman:

http://www.taijiworld.com/Articles/george.htm

Have fun.

brassmonkey
05-20-2004, 10:41 PM
yes we all know Montaigue has the real deal with dim mak
he's at least smart enough to not put himself in that situation he threatens to deport them b4 then set foot in his school

T'ai Ji Monkey
05-20-2004, 10:46 PM
Originally posted by brassmonkey
yes we all know Montaigue has the real deal with dim mak
he's at least smart enough to not put himself in that situation he threatens to deport them b4 then set foot in his school

Doesn't matter to me if he got it or not.
Not a student of his nor likely to become one.
;)

IronFist
05-20-2004, 10:59 PM
Thanks T'ai Ji Monkey. I'm downloading it now.