PDA

View Full Version : Wing Tsun anyone?

YinYangDagger
05-19-2004, 09:54 PM
I need an opinion here. And I could do without the Wing Chun / Wing Tsun / Ving Tsun politics :D

The art that I'm really wanting to undertake is out of my reach right now, simply because I work the 3-11 shift, and also on Saturdays - which, of course, is when the Shuai Chiao group gets together and trains. I've been promised to be moved to a better shift as soon as it becomes available, but that could take a couple of months.

Anyway, who here has trained WT? The lineage here is under Leung Ting, and they offer day classes which I could start with. Seriously, how effective is Wing Tsun?

BTW - my only other option is Kuk Sool Won :mad:

rubthebuddha
05-19-2004, 11:19 PM
yyd -- i do wt. have been for about five years. sifu will in san antoner is a nice guy and a good teacher. he's been up here to washington once to give a seminar, and it was well worth our time. pm me if you want more info. :)

YinYangDagger
05-19-2004, 11:35 PM
you got the PM

PHILBERT
05-19-2004, 11:42 PM
Wing Tzun is superior!

But nothing is superior than Traditional Wing Chun!

Oh wait, Hung Fa Yi is better than anything else, including women!

yenhoi
05-20-2004, 10:54 AM
I think most WT adheres too strickly to technique and shape, rather then principle and motion, but I have never trained with a WT guy, just seen videos, books, and clips.

My teacher trained with Leung Ting for a few years and has nothing but good things to say about him.

Emins lineage is very combatative and will probably get you far.

:eek:

Shaolinlueb
05-20-2004, 11:23 AM
whats the difference between wing tsun and wing chun?

norther practitioner
05-20-2004, 11:26 AM
The spelling :p

oh, and politics.

red5angel
05-20-2004, 11:32 AM
please keep in mind that I have copyrighted the true spelling of Wving Tschun (TM) so don't go using it without my permission. All those other lineages are faking it, it's not really spelled the wya they spell it, it's all wrong adn only I have the true spelling as it was passed on to me through Yip Man in a dream.

rubthebuddha
05-20-2004, 11:44 AM
the politics are all the same: everyone thinks theirs is the true wing chun and love to talk about how perfect they are.

the spelling can denote which lineage, to a degree. some folks have their own unique spelling, while some use a generic (WC or VT). different instructors use pretty much the same core techniques, but teach them with different applications and approaches.

red5angel
05-20-2004, 12:01 PM
I don't think your getting the message here Rub. I have the correct spelling, all other spellings are incorrect and incomplete.

rubthebuddha
05-20-2004, 01:50 PM
:o my bad. :o

red5angel
05-20-2004, 01:55 PM
well, you can't help it, seeing as how you have the incomplete spelling and all.

old jong
05-20-2004, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by red5angel
please keep in mind that I have copyrighted the true spelling of Wving Tschun (TM) so don't go using it without my permission. All those other lineages are faking it, it's not really spelled the wya they spell it, it's all wrong adn only I have the true spelling as it was passed on to me through Yip Man in a dream.

I have to admit...You made me laugh here!

What about: Ouing tchon?...(TM)

red5angel
05-20-2004, 02:45 PM
Please note Old Jong has copyrighted Ouing tchon (TM). While it's not the full Wving Tschun (TM) system as passed on to me by yip man in a dream (the lotus flowers and vodka had nothing to do with it) It' is not as incorrectly spelled as some of the other pretenders!

old jong
05-20-2004, 03:11 PM
My own Ouing tchon (TM) spelling was also given to me
in an dream but,it was an erotic dream with NG Mui herself!...I hope your dream with Yip Man was not erotic?...;)

BTW,that Ng Mui has some great techniques!...;)

rogue
05-20-2004, 06:51 PM
****, I better copyright Fling Dung quick.

rubthebuddha
05-20-2004, 11:04 PM
that's actually already taken by a pek kwar family. ;)

:D