PDA

View Full Version : For anyone that hasn't already seen this...

Midnight
05-21-2004, 09:49 AM
http://fxhome.com/cinema/info_cache/movieinfo479.html

These 2 guys are incredible.

sean_stonehart
05-21-2004, 10:18 AM
That's a great short...

norther practitioner
05-21-2004, 10:37 AM
That is pretty good choreography.

red5angel
05-21-2004, 10:45 AM
the colors are all wrong - red = bad.

Midnight
05-21-2004, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by red5angel
the colors are all wrong - red = bad.

Maybe red is the color of his birth stone :P

MasterKiller
05-21-2004, 10:52 AM
the colors are all wrong - red = bad. Adi Gallia used a red saber, and she was on the jedi council during TPM.

red5angel
05-21-2004, 10:55 AM
In the movie?!

Traditionally red is for the Sith because of the type of crystal they used. Red is possible for a Jedi but extremely rare. However the double bladed saber is a Sith weapon through and through and it's blades are not red.

sean_stonehart
05-21-2004, 10:56 AM
Red is just associated with bad thanks to that whiney twit Anakin... :mad:

Maul would've used another color, but it matched his head so well... :D

Dooku picked red because it went well with the lining of his cape & his favorite decorator suggested it ... "It'll be FAAAABBBBULOUS with the carnage & your new drapes...." :p

Go check out some of the Dark Horse comix Tales of the Old Republic. Exar Kun (original human Jedi Dark Lord... would punk Vader while corrupting another Jedi blindfolded) used a double blue one. His #1 Ulic Qel-Droma used green. :cool:

Chang Style Novice
05-21-2004, 11:39 AM
That was a pretty good show, but it was totally choreographed. You could tell that the moves were cooperative if you had any experience at all!

:p

MasterKiller
05-21-2004, 11:43 AM
In the movie?!

Traditionally red is for the Sith because of the type of crystal they used. Red is possible for a Jedi but extremely rare. However the double bladed saber is a Sith weapon through and through and it's blades are not red. Double bladed is not red? Did you not see Darth Maul at all? At any rate, Exar Kun used a purple double-bladed saber, and he was Sith before Bane made people adopt the "Darth" moniker.

Losttrak
05-21-2004, 11:44 AM
You guys are all now honorary virgins... That whole conversation extended the time until you get laid next... another YEAR.

red5angel
05-21-2004, 12:02 PM
Double bladed is not red?

unless I suddenly went colorblind, the double bladed saber in that video is purple, not red?

Exar Kun (original human Jedi Dark Lord... would punk Vader while corrupting another Jedi blindfolded)

well duh! The guys an original Sith man, what do you expect!

MasterKiller
05-21-2004, 12:09 PM
unless I suddenly went colorblind, the double bladed saber in that video is purple, not red? I haven't watched that video in a long time. I thought you were referring to the double-blade in general.

BTW---The double-ended saber was used by Jedi, but only for training. It was considered too dangerous for practical application.

MasterKiller
05-21-2004, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by Losttrak
You guys are all now honorary virgins... That whole conversation extended the time until you get laid next... another YEAR. Obviously, you've never seen how women flock to a man holding his own lightsaber (http://www.parksabers.com).

red5angel
05-21-2004, 12:42 PM
BTW---The double-ended saber was used by Jedi, but only for training. It was considered too dangerous for practical application.

The only place I've ever seen this mentioned was in some small book on the technology of star wars or something, maybe it was something for EP1. In all other instances that Ive seen, it's mentioned as being a Sith tool, not considered apropriate by Jedi who use the single bladed weapons in a more "defensive" manner.

However - I'm only partially ok with non-canon stuff. Most of it's ok but some of it is pretty bad. Zahns books hold nothing for me what so ever, they were poorly written and poorly thought out. Some of the other novels and short story collections are mediocre at best. In all of the movies, a of the Jedi use non red- barring the possibility that Adi Gallia may have owned one - and all the Sith use red blades.

nice link though, very cool.

Midnight
05-21-2004, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by Chang Style Novice
That was a pretty good show, but it was totally choreographed. You could tell that the moves were cooperative if you had any experience at all!

No kidding? What fight scene isn't?

But yea, I guess one of them might just happen to have his own movie camera guy, follow him around all day every day....incase something might happen....

Chang Style Novice
05-21-2004, 02:26 PM
I was cracking wise, fella. Read the latest Ashida Kim thread to see what I wsa referencing.

YinYangDagger
05-21-2004, 02:57 PM
BJJ would beat'em all, regardless of what color their "saber" is :D

dodger87
05-22-2004, 04:41 AM
There was this really other wicked movie called Duel. Its made by Fabien Gorchon from Z team. Well thats all the info I got from the credits. I tried to find the link but couldn't find it anywhere.

dodger87
05-22-2004, 04:43 AM
Oh wait their homepage is www.zteamstunts.com .

Shaolinlueb
05-22-2004, 07:27 AM
http://www.parksabers.com/zeno.html

woah the gun from aliens. i want one :cool: