PDA

View Full Version : Little advice???

blooming lotus
05-21-2004, 11:05 PM
Ok...so currently an hour away from the temple at Songshan, Teaching English in Zhengzhou. Sounds crazy but I'm finding it really difficult to manage my diet here. I miss my supplements and can't even find a freakin dvd player for those rainy days or times when there is no time to get out. I have for yrs mainly lived on fluidy supplements and the locals don't seem to undestand why I don't appear to eat much.........the food here is often very poor quality and I've been so sick so often that I'm almost affraid to eat...I'm sure if I wasn't under contract and had enough money I could happily shack up on songshan under a discipleship, but it would take a little time to prove committment, so I'm thinking I need at least 6 mths of living cash ( food , accom, training, clothes and hygeine).

I figure I three options

1. stick it out and save my pennies]

2. Go back to Australia and return directly to songshan without needing to work. ( this is'd probably take anywhere from 6mths to 2yrs, in te meantime i'd pick up a ma instructor cert , finish my Phd dissertation in chan, regain some deserved health and fitness and maybe study more chinese medicine)

or 3. Take a job in Beijing as a fitness / nutrition teacher come counsellor to english speaking students. On the up side, Beijing is probably better equipt to facilitate a westerner and I could still visit Shaolin...but they want answer within the week and if it doesn't work out, I don't really like the idea of needing to bail on 2 contracts in such a short time.........

advice??...what do y'all think??

blooming lotus
05-22-2004, 05:26 AM
okay..thx anway but a decision has been made....
as a tear of regret rolls down my face ( just kidding ;) ) I am waiting to hear back from a college in Melbourne on a diploma of sports coaching , ma elective Gongfu....leaving after my students here do their nxt exam...........complete phd...train...save and return to the temple :D :D

I guess this thread can probably be buried now but ahhmm...thx for the outlet anyway :)

Ford Prefect
05-22-2004, 06:38 AM
I would have went to beijing. There's good money to made there right now. It reminds of one of those silver/gold "boom towns" in America's expansion to the west coast.

inic
05-22-2004, 10:32 AM
chinese diet needs A LOT of work. Never seen people eat so much of scavengers and bleached rice.

Toby
05-22-2004, 08:41 PM
You come here to give advice, not receive it BL :mad: :D.

Anyway, you forgot the 4th option - go back to Oz, work for $10,000 a week modelling and go back to Songshan and live in luxury. Do this every 3 months and you'll be set.

I also can't believe that you can't even find a freakin dvd player for those rainy days ... sheesh. What do they expect a Chan buddhist to do?

Merryprankster
05-23-2004, 10:55 AM
Try stripping or whoring yourself out.

I hear there is good money to be made. As flexible and hot as you claim to be I'm sure you can charge top dollar.

Losttrak
05-23-2004, 11:06 AM
Did you guys know that Beijing has a Chinatown? Seriously. I was watching Wild On... :D and this native of Beijing said, "Hey, lets go to Chinatown..." WTF??!? Where the hell is CHINATOWN in FRIKKIN CHINA?!?!!?!? What a paradox.

SPJ
05-23-2004, 12:29 PM
Beijing is an ancient capital but with a lot of "modernization" (constructions) now.

Maybe the local is refering to the older section of the city as "Chinatown".

Songshan temple as well as any other temples nearby will serve vegetarian food to any visitors. You will be able to get anything you need in Beijing of course.

I do not know if they let females to study in Shaolin temple though. There are also nuns only but in different temples.

Best of luck.

Vash
05-23-2004, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by Merryprankster
Try stripping or whoring yourself out.

I hear there is good money to be made. As flexible and hot as you claim to be I'm sure you can charge top dollar.

*snort* I'd Der.

IronFist
05-23-2004, 05:00 PM
Originally posted by Losttrak
Did you guys know that Beijing has a Chinatown? Seriously. I was watching Wild On... :D and this native of Beijing said, "Hey, lets go to Chinatown..." WTF??!? Where the hell is CHINATOWN in FRIKKIN CHINA?!?!!?!? What a paradox.

Crazy.

SPJ
05-23-2004, 06:31 PM
Shaolin Temple is sending monks to other countries to teach Chan and Shaolin Kungfu.

You may stay in your own country and look for one if there is any.

I know there are a lot of Shaolin people in a lot of countries.

There are more students/monks (than those actually reside in the temple) from previous Shaolin temple that migrated to other parts of the world for one reason or another.

So find a good teacher is more important than to be in the place.

There are thousands and thousands Shaolin Di Tzi every where.

blooming lotus
05-23-2004, 07:04 PM
I'd lol @ someof these comments but my stomache is churning at the people you're showing yourself to be......half the reason I'm leaving ( or a good part of it) is sex starved men...and yes...I'm human and i did consider modelling a little....and Toby..as for your funny-guy comment .... I would give it all up in a second to go there, shave my head and live on songshan forever practicing buddhism...but unfortunately, it's just not always that simple......

Alot of places do not have monks available full time, and It's more often than not, not half the experience you get at shaolin...this is NOT about gongfu for me so much as it is about shaolin ( of which gongfu is part)...some people just still don't get it

Toby
05-23-2004, 07:17 PM
Originally posted by blooming lotus
I'd lol @ someof these comments but my stomache is churning at the people you're showing yourself to be ...It's all just in response to your post history. No-one takes you very seriously any more.

... some people just still don't get it Some people just don't care. You're just fun to play with.

SPJ
05-23-2004, 07:25 PM
As those monks say, you have to have For Yuan (connection with Buddha) first. And that comes from your Karmic past.

Best of luck in seeking whatever you are seeking.

Armitopho.

Serpent
05-24-2004, 12:04 AM
...some people just still don't get it
The problem is that you just don't get it.

And Toby's right. Nobody bothers with you much any more because you always know better. The fact that you'd post a thread asking for advice and then answer it yourself before anybody gets a chance to post is fvcking hilarious!

blooming lotus
05-24-2004, 12:40 AM
yes it is....pls see lol.....:rolleyes:

guess i'm just a fast independant thinker....

oh by the way...not missing opportunity to troll...noted ;)

Internal Boxer
05-24-2004, 05:19 AM
Blooming MAD

Serpent
05-24-2004, 06:59 AM
yes it is....pls see lol.....:rolleyes:

guess i'm just a fast independant thinker....

oh by the way...not missing opportunity to troll...noted ;)
A genius, eh? And you can't tell the difference between trolling and pointing out a fact?

SPJ
05-24-2004, 07:21 AM
Chan is your life.

Buddha is in your heart.

Everything follows Yuan (Suei Yuan). Que sera sera.

If you want or desire something, that becomes your hindrance and suffering.

I am happy with a Zazen mattress or just grass or a shade under a tree.

Self examination and self cultivation are more important then to be in a "luxury" temple.

Monks will give you guidance and direction, you have to make the journey yourself. It is your consciousness, your karma and your Dao/path.

You probably know all of these already.

It will be indeed an honor or privilege to be able to study in the place where Chan/Zen Buddhism started.

However, Chan starts with your heart then your mind/consciousness. All the worldly desires are in the realm of Maya. Moksha is a release or enlightenment from Maya. Nirvana is in you and not anywhere else.

Just a perspective.

Be well!

blooming lotus
05-24-2004, 05:43 PM
you misunderstand me...I can practice ch'an anywhere, but the difference between doing it in the temple and doing it secular society is freedom to do this without such bs as similar to what I often find here.......

challenges of secular living.....there's a detatchment to work on ;)

CaptinPickAxe
05-25-2004, 12:08 AM
I think the advantages of temple practicing is the following:

1.complete dedication to the practice of darma
2. An environment where you have more experienced monks to help guide you during your akward first steps
3. the ability to help others who seek the teachings.

besides that, practicing anywhere is just as good. Also, you should be able to practice regardless of what B.S. may be around you. Just practicing being mindful and meditate whenever and wherever you can.

I have a Zen spot back home that no one knows of. Its right by a small stream in the middle of the woods. The water trickles down into a small pool under a fallen (but still thriving) tree that provides shade. Its far enough out to get away from the sounds of the city and actually enjoy the chirpping of the birds. Needless to say, I miss that spot very much.

blooming lotus
05-25-2004, 01:09 AM
Originally posted by CaptinPickAxe
I think the advantages of temple practicing is the following:

1.complete dedication to the practice of darma
2. An environment where you have more experienced monks to help guide you during your akward first steps
3. the ability to help others who seek the teachings.

besides that, practicing anywhere is just as good. Also, you should be able to practice regardless of what B.S. may be around you. Just practicing being mindful and meditate whenever and wherever you can.

that's often easier said than done....distractions are a serious challenge to everyone everywhere at some time

I have a Zen spot back home that no one knows of. Its right by a small stream in the middle of the woods. The water trickles down into a small pool under a fallen (but still thriving) tree that provides shade. Its far enough out to get away from the sounds of the city and actually enjoy the chirpping of the birds. Needless to say, I miss that spot very much.

sounds good....you should try sitting on songshan..........thousands of yrs of qi under your feet and seriously amazing views every direction you turn................

T'ai Ji Monkey
05-25-2004, 05:27 AM

sounds good....you should try sitting on songshan..........thousands of yrs of qi under your feet and seriously amazing views every direction you turn................

1.) If you are looking at the "seriously amazing views" you are doing something wrong.
2.) As long as you follow a few guidelines you can find plenty good spots for your practice.
3.) Doubt that the qi at the temple is stronger or better than anywhere else.
4.) By going to a place where there are few distraction it is easy to drown them out, can you do the same in ANY place??

I was always under the impression that you should be able to switch of ANY distractions regardless of where you are.

blooming lotus
05-25-2004, 04:36 PM
tj monkey...it's true ...you should...but nobody's perfect and it's something that I'm working on. At the moment I am teaching amongst many emotional / hormonal boys and girls with various desires and problems so detatchment from outside ifluence and having an empty mind is not as easy as it use to be....
especially being the "novelty" foreigner.....que sera....you do what you can

Ps. If you could open your hotel window andsee songshan looming all around around, knowing from the moment you wake up without a doubt that not only are you in china, but on the very land that has cultiated your core beliefs for so long, you too would understand the enormity of awareness I mentioned. You can't help
but notice the views ;) ....works for me anyway :D :D

unkokusai
05-26-2004, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by inic
chinese diet needs A LOT of work. Never seen people eat so much of scavengers and bleached rice.

The result of your extensive research conducted in Quincy, Massaschusetts?

dwid
05-26-2004, 10:45 AM
Didn't the blooming lotus character have a child at one point? Did this test poorly in some markets and have to be rewritten or is the child raising his or herself while mom goes looking for herself in China?

blooming lotus
05-26-2004, 04:37 PM
don't say that because I think I may cry...yes I have a baby...she's 10 and living with gram ma ma in Australia...have been through seroious court battles to bring her here, but for some uneducated reason, so many people have false and crazy beliefs ( thx to the media propaganda scenario) of what life is really like in China......I AM a CH'An buddhist and I DO plan on going to shaolin permanently with hopes of picking up a discipleship...this is extreme in anyones' eyes, but it particularly hard for uneducated westerners to grasp....... I'm a soldier chick and yes I have a daugter I love, but she's a city gal, and I'm a ch'an practioner....I refuse to subject her to the "hardships" :rolleyes: associated with these beliefs......missing her as much as I do.....I consider it detatchment from my need to play her dictator...she's with nanna and she's happy....

Bl is who I am when there is no obligatory distraction.....character nothing...this is the real and most enduring me :eek: :D :cool:

Toby
05-26-2004, 07:01 PM
You are the most selfish person I've heard of in a long time. Forsaking a child for your own personal fulfillment is something I can't fathom. Perhaps you should take a look at yourself before thinking about your "calling". I think the court is perfectly valid in saying the child should stay in Oz. You say you train 6-9hrs a day plus full time study, so the child needs a carer. You're obviously not willing to take the job, so hopefully the child will find someone who loves her enough to care for her. Sorry for the vitriol, but the whole situation makes me :mad:. Leaving the child behind is your own fault. You made the choice.

As to "uneducated westerners" :rolleyes:, well, you're a westerner, and you come across as uneducated. You strike me as a Michael Jackson character - you want to be something you're not.

blooming lotus
05-26-2004, 07:18 PM
ok...I'll bite....but you obviously just have no genuine undestanding of shaolin or you would never make such crazy statements....you have no idea the sacrirfices we make for the good of other people ....I forgive you....read a book

Toby
05-26-2004, 07:33 PM
No. And you obviously have no genuine understanding of the responsibility required to raise a child. What does you living in Songshan have to do with "sacrirfices we make for the good of other people"? You're not doing your daughter any good at all. In fact, the opposite. IMHO your daughter would be much better off with a mother figure, who I hope she finds somewhere for her sake. You're doing no good to anyone but yourself. The definition of selfish. I'm not interested in reading books about anything. Shaolin/buddhism/christianity/islam/etc shouldn't be more important than children. If they are, don't have children.

blooming lotus
05-26-2004, 08:10 PM
you are so uneduactateed about the real world you're almost pitiful........my daughter has my utmost consideration to the depths of every need se has sinceshe was born and you are a truly needy being I have no time for.....take a hike

s....and stop giving me your uneduacted sh*t...I have studied now for over 24 yrs total various degrees and crets and dilpomas...my intelligence is higher that 95 % of the international community and yes..I'mnice...but I aint that thast nice...so back the f*ck up d*ck S*it....you have and will never be more than a joke...testiong my spirit???....ooops...found my mother f*cking limit...as*hole

SPJ
05-26-2004, 08:38 PM
There are a lot of kids growing up with grand parents in China and Taiwan. Either the parents have to work a lot or go to school themselves. So it is no big deal.

Every body has to decide what is the best for him or her self and his or her family.

Have peace!

Toby
05-26-2004, 08:55 PM
you are so uneduactateed about the real world you're almost pitiful ........my daughter has my utmost consideration to the depths of every need se has sinceshe was born and you are a truly needy being I have no time for.....take a hike
I'm uneduactateed? What an oxymoronic statement. The only need your daughter has that isn't fulfilled is that of a mother. I won't take a hike. You put your information up here on a public message board, I'm perfectly entitled to voice my opinion. My opinion is your daughter's welfare is more important than her mother's selfish needs.

s....and stop giving me your uneduacted sh*t...I have studied now for over 24 yrs total various degrees and crets and dilpomas...my intelligence is higher that 95 % of the international community ... blah, blahAccording to your profile, you're 29. So you've been studying since you were 5 :rolleyes:. Yeah, I went to kindergarten too. Oh, I know you're in the top 5% most intelligent people in the world :rolleyes:. How could I forget? You keep telling us.

SPJ, I know that there are a lot of situations where other family members have to care for children throughout the world. I understand, and it must be tough for some people. My point is, BL didn't have to go to China. She knew that she was sacrificing her child but did it anyway because she wants to study Shaolin. She's already got supremely high intelligence and many "various degrees and crets and dilpomas" so she probably doesn't need to do much more. She has also been offered a high paying job near her child, getting paid $10,000 a week modelling. And yet she chooses to leave knowing she's forsaking her child. In my book, that's selfish. Also, situations that you mention don't usually place any restrictions on time spent with children. Most people would do their best to be with their children whenever they could. I suspect in BL's case, being a legal decision, the courts will (forever? I'm not a lawyer) have rescinded her right to bring up the child, so she can't e.g. in 2yrs come back and help raise the child. But that's conjecture on my part since I don't know much about the law.

Originally posted by SPJ
Every body has to decide what is the best for him or her self and his or her family.Totally agree. But BL's ignoring the last part of that sentence in favour of the 1st IMHO.

Serpent
05-26-2004, 09:30 PM
bl, you are selfish and quite mad. You had a child. Whether you wanted one or not you have a responsibility, yet you chose to leave the child without a mother because you have romantic dreams of living at Shaolin. Who the hell are you helping but yourself? You are literally casting aside children to attain your personal desires. Really, that's about as far from Buddhist detachment as you can get.

I don't care if some psych has given some kind of all clear on your sanity, your posts here clearly indicate that you are obsessive, a liar and quite possibly borderline psychotic. You have beliefs that you cannot back up with any kind of evidence even when other people present evidence to contradict your opinions. You can't see the difference between someone disagreeing with you and proving you wrong and "trolling".

Hide behind your delusions all you like, but it seems that you are the only one that doesn't see the truth.

To be honest, I hope you never go home from China. Your daughter would be much better off growing up with a sane grandmother than a loony like you. At least she'll have a chance in life with her grandma, because her grandma will probably consider the little girls needs over her own desires.

Toby
05-26-2004, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by Serpent
You are literally casting aside children to attain your personal desires. Really, that's about as far from Buddhist detachment as you can get.
I thought that was quite ironic too.

blooming lotus
05-27-2004, 01:34 AM
ok...everyone is entitled to their opinion...wether they have all the facts or not......

But on Ally...my munchkin..let me just say that to put her needs first has always been a priority...please do not assume to know our situation

Toby
05-27-2004, 01:43 AM
ok...everyone is entitled to their opinion...wether they have all the facts or not......

But on Ally...my munchkin..let me just say that to put her needs first has always been a priority...please do not assume to know our situation Nice name :cool:. But please, explain how you going to China puts her needs first? What will she gain from it? AFAIK, nothing.

SevenStar
05-27-2004, 04:06 AM
you stated that you wanted to bring her to "china", then turned right back around and said that you want to study full time and didn't want to subject her through the :hardships" of what you do....so, which is it?

On a side note, I hear arizona is nice this time of year...

Serpent
05-27-2004, 06:08 AM
Yeah - what 7* and Toby said. Plus, our opinions are all based on the information you have given us, which is quite detailed whether we asked for it or not.

dwid
05-27-2004, 06:10 AM
You are literally casting aside children to attain your personal desires. Really, that's about as far from Buddhist detachment as you can get.

That's symptomatic of a common problem I've encountered among western practitioners of zen/chan buddhism.

They take the notion of first cleaning up your own house, so to speak, and get all twisted up, so they never really get around to having regard for anyone else. It becomes all about "achieving enlightenment," and is so self-centered that one fails to see any connection with the core values that the practice is supposed to embody and cultivate.

The moment you gave birth to Ally, she became your number one responsibility. If you can't balance your philosophical pursuits and other hobbies with that responsibility, then what is the value in your path to begin with?

Merryprankster
05-27-2004, 06:40 AM
I've more or less refrained from making comments on BL's credibility because I don't find them productive, but I've got only one thing to say:

You go on and on about how great you are. Who are you trying to convince? Us? Or you?

unkokusai
05-27-2004, 06:44 AM
you are so uneduactateed about the real world you're almost pitiful........my daughter has my utmost consideration to the depths of every need se has sinceshe was born and you are a truly needy being I have no time for.....take a hike

s....and stop giving me your uneduacted sh*t...I have studied now for over 24 yrs total various degrees and crets and dilpomas...my intelligence is higher that 95 % of the international community and yes..I'mnice...but I aint that thast nice...so back the f*ck up d*ck S*it....you have and will never be more than a joke...testiong my spirit???....ooops...found my mother f*cking limit...as*hole

hooooo...time to up the dosage...

FatherDog
05-27-2004, 09:52 AM
Originally posted by dwid
Didn't the blooming lotus character have a child at one point? Did this test poorly in some markets and have to be rewritten or is the child raising his or herself while mom goes looking for herself in China?

Best post of the thread, right here.

Merryprankster
05-27-2004, 10:03 AM
I turns out I have two things to say, not one.

I would like to offer that I completely disagree with those on this board who suggest that you should get back with your little girl and be around the house.

I'd rather have an unreachable mother thousands of miles away than an unreachable mother right next to me.

Serpent
05-27-2004, 06:03 PM
Hmmm. No response for a while....

Nah, it's too much to hope for.

SPJ
05-27-2004, 06:55 PM
I think there are American schools in Beijing.

There is a huge foreign population in Beijing.

I think Songshan may be one hour drive from Beijing.

Beijing is full of people from all over China and the rest of the world.

There are a lot of Hidden Dragons and Crouching Tigers Wushu/Gong Fu masters in Beijing, too.

Any children from anywhere may find it home very easily.

MacDonald, MTV, you name it. "Australia Town" maybe.

Everything is so close, with modern technology and transport.

Void or insufficiency of some is readily filled with abundance of others. It is called "love" and "greater harmony".

Shaolin means young forest or young woods. The temple is only a beginning. Everyone has to have a strong root and then grow from it. To become a "old" tree and bear fruits of wisdoms requires practice and practice what you learn in real life situation, which is the journey.

Damo and Zhang Sang Feng, they both wandered and helped others. They did not house themselves in a temple.

Follow your heart!

Yuan is cause and effect. A true believer needs to practice good deeds and for many lives of them.

For every dark cloud, there is a bright sun behind it.

There is time for family. There is time for yourself.

What a balancing act.

Que sera sera.

I Chei Suei Yuan. Armitorpho.

fa_jing
05-27-2004, 07:06 PM
One funny part, is that internet connections have nothing to do with spelling. Text editors have been been around for quite awhile. Even an Apple IIe would do. Nay, an Apple II even!

If BL is real, which many here doubt including me, she could easily prove it by scanning, or taking a digital picture of and attaching her plane ticket stub between Australia and China. Or any fellow traveller's stub if she lost hers.

;)

SPJ
05-27-2004, 11:04 PM
Whether BL is real or not?

My heart goes to all the working moms out there, they all have to balance job, career, personal persuit and family. Modern society and women liberation movement place a lot of stuff to drag them away from family and children rearing.

Western science and law place emphasis on "either or".

If it is not black, then it must be white.

Nope, there are 7 colors in the rainbow.

Personal persuits and children rearing, "either or".

Tai Ji idea is that Yin and Yang are opposing each other and yet they also compliment each other and are dependent on each other.

Life in general is seldomly simplified as one or the other. It is always one of many options and many more in between.

Something familar or nonsense?

Got you!

2 Yi's gave rise to 4 Xiang's. 4 Xiang's gave rise to 8 Gua's. 8x8 give you 64 hexagrams. There are totally 6x64 signs.

The Book of Change.

So there are at least 6x64 options.

To fight a war or not, there are 6x64 answers, not 2.

Be well!

Toby
05-27-2004, 11:34 PM
You don't seem to get it, SPJ. BL's decision was voluntary. Here's what I gather from her previous posts on the matter:

(i) BL is in Oz.
(ii) She wants to go to Songshan.
(iii) She has to go to court to decide custody of her child.
(iv) The court doesn't approve of her decision to go to China and thinks it is in the child's interest to stay in Oz.
(v) Instead of staying in Oz and taking up any one of innumerable jobs paying high wages and living with her child, BL decides going to Songshan is more important.
(vi) BL loses custody.
(vii) BL goes to China.

Here's my take:

(i) I inferred that if BL stayed in Oz, she would've stood a good chance of keeping her child.
(ii) I suspect loss of custody is irreversible, so it's a permanent decision to give up her child.
(iii) I think it would've been possible to study MA & buddhism in Oz and be with her child.
(iv) As a parent, I don't like seeing neglected children, so I get ****ed off hearing things like this.
(v) As a parent, I can't believe BL would leave her child for IMHO totally selfish reasons. Your reasons for parents leaving children (in the previous post) are associated with directly improving the children's lot in life i.e. parents working or educating themselves.
(vi) I don't think the child living in Beijing was an option. Ask the courts.
(vii) If anyone took away my children, I would fight tooth and nail and make every effort to be with them as much as possible.

I understand that you have a different opinion to some of us (you're Chinese?). BL suddenly likes to think she's Chinese, as witnessed by her recent disparaging comments about "westerners" and her recent interspersed Chinese phrases. But, she's western. Her daughter is western. The courts are western. IMO this is black and white, for her and for me.

SPJ
05-27-2004, 11:48 PM
Thank you for the update.

My points:

1. She has more options for her dilema.

2. She is not alone. There are many working moms that need to pick and chose and balance career and family.

Other than that, she has to decide for herself.

I agreed that the child's warfare is always the top priority of any parent.

Best wishes for her family!

If all the info are true, I would say that it is in the best interests of the child, that mom stays home, too.

Toby
05-28-2004, 12:01 AM
Originally posted by SPJ
1. She has more options for her dilema.But none of those options were chosen by BL. Instead, the most selfish one was.

Originally posted by SPJ
2. She is not alone. There are many working moms that need to pick and chose and balance career and family.Her balance is heavily in favour of herself. How can being in Songshan constitute being a "working mom". While she's there she isn't earning money like she could in Oz. When (if) she comes back to her daughter she won't get anything extra from being in Songshan. Will being a Ch'an nun mean more income to her daughter than the $10,000 a week :rolleyes: she was offered as a model? Will any of BL's inner peace help her daughter?

Originally posted by SPJ
Other than that, she has to decide for herself. Well, she already has, so the whole discussion is redundant anyway.

blooming lotus
05-28-2004, 03:35 AM
ok...so now I'm just gonna quietly go into a corner , sob into my pllow and meditate for a while...............

If I had a scanner ...or if I could even buy one, I would post my passport , visa and foreign experts pass right now......yes, I am here as a foreign expert, invited by the foreign expert administration of china...as a result, we get this comparitively ludicrous salary where local proffessors receive like a quarter and others are lucky ...extremly ...to receive a tenth???????WTF.....????

smoe peo-ple here can't afford to eat and I saw a doco on some stats last night revealing some whole families live on Y600 per annum...how sad is that./..do the math but it's like $100 aus a year..........how's a kid meant to getan education?????

I don't think you all understand...China is extremly poor..this is all community service and returnng Karma for me.....why because as a "privildged , knowledgable and educated Ch'an buddhist, I feel it is my duty........if the mes of the world don't do it ...who the F*ck is gonna ...ha???....Ally digs my trip....she has friends, family, modern convenieces and plumbing where she is....this is my soul duty and I made this agreement withmyself before i was born....she understands that...and cheers me on from a distance...she feels no less loved and knows that I have given her ( because of \this freak intellect I have) knowledgethat most adults don't even have...she appreciates life on a karmic and intellectual level..she is acathol;ic and loves her god, but she understands my position and would never deny the children of the world the benifit of my services.......I am been paid so much and I want so little....In the futrue I plan to do the third world nation trip and make ground there...I could model or dance or sing( here one for the trolls...you know at "Sabage gardens' begginning I was offered a spot as their lead)........money shmoney...I just don't give a f*ck...I guess thaat half thereason opportuniy falls in my lap so often........yes ,....I am a ntural born entertainer, but duty first.......thank "god" I have the intellect and Yi-xin to pull it off......I don't care what any of you say.....heard the story of peter and paul?????

( for those that haven't....what peter saysabout paul saysmore about peter than it does about paul....)

as for the personal info....I have posted little more about myself than others have about themselves....but ...being a chick...obviously some folk will tend to pay me more attention......for instance...I know Buddh is about to get married and sexed hias mrs yet...I know Gene has trouble controlling his passins and struggles with committment...7 is married and growing into his relationship...Toby has kids.....mk has esteem problems he combats with violent thought............Xebbs tries really hard and inic wants approval, Np is stiudious and shy.....Iron is a closet metal head but thinks somewhere along the way he missed the boat........

and on and on it goes......you don't freakin see me de-base peoples' esteem...au contraire...I am the one telling them "you can do it jimmy...you can do it Jimmy...." waving my freakin red flag like the crazy mom no-one wants to own...........

grow the F*uck up....their are serios souls on these boards, some of whom come here for support and encouragement in what would otherwise be a "pushing sh*t uphill " struggle.......how about a little sangha...........................

blooming lotus
05-28-2004, 03:41 AM
ok...so now I'm just gonna quietly go into a corner , sob into my pllow and meditate for a while...............

If I had a scanner ...or if I could even buy one, I would post my passport , visa and foreign experts pass right now......yes, I am here as a foreign expert, invited by the foreign expert administration of china...as a result, we get this comparitively ludicrous salary where local proffessors receive like a quarter and others are lucky ...extremly ...to receive a tenth???????WTF.....????

smoe people here can't afford to eat and I saw a doco on some stats last night revealing some whole families live on Y600 per annum...how sad is that./..do the math but it's like $100 aus a year..........how's a kid meant to getan education?????

I don't think you all understand...China is extremly poor..this is all community service and returnng Karma for me.....why because as a "privildged , knowledgable and educated Ch'an buddhist, I feel it is my duty........if the mes of the world don't do it ...who the F*ck is gonna ...ha???....Ally digs my trip....she has friends, family, modern convenieces and plumbing where she is....this is my soul duty and I made this agreement withmyself before i was born....she understands that...and cheers me on from a distance...she feels no less loved and knows that I have given her ( because of \this freak intellect I have) knowledgethat most adults don't even have...she appreciates life on a karmic and intellectual level..she is a catholic and loves her god, but she understands my position and would never deny the children of the world the benifit of my services.......I am being paid so much and I want so little....In the futrue I plan to do the third world nation trip and make ground there...I could model or dance or sing( here one for the trolls...you know at "Savage gardens' begginning I was offered a spot as their lead...i wanna stand with you by the ......you get the picture....)........money shmoney...I just don't give a f*ck...I guess that's half the reason opportunity falls in my lap so often........yes ,....I am a natural born entertainer, but duty first.......thank "god" I have the intellect and Yi-xin to pull it off......I don't care what any of you say.....heard the story of peter and paul?????

( for those that haven't....what peter saysabout paul saysmore about peter than it does about paul....)

as for the personal info....I have posted little more about myself than others have about themselves....but ...being a chick...obviously some folk will tend to pay me more attention......for instance...I know Buddh is about to get married and hasn't sexed his mrs yet...I know Gene has trouble controlling his passions and struggles with committment...7 is married and growing into his relationship...Toby has kids.....mk has esteem problems he combats with violent thought............Xebbs tries really hard and inic wants approval, Np is stiudious and shy.....Iron is a closet metal head but thinks somewhere along the way he missed the boat........

and on and on it goes......you don't freakin see me de-base peoples' esteem...au contraire...I am the one telling them "you can do it jimmy...you can do it Jimmy...." waving my freakin red flag like the crazy mom no-one wants to own...........

grow the F*uck up....their are serios souls on these boards, some of whom come here for support and encouragement in what would otherwise be a "pushing sh*t uphill " struggle.......how about a little sangha...........................

scotty1
05-28-2004, 04:26 AM
Why do you think you know that about all those other members?

blooming lotus
05-28-2004, 04:43 AM
hmmmmm...lets see...is it because in personal and public conversations they have told me that or is because I have studied psychology, nuero-linguistic programming, nuero-chemistry , couselling and human thought and behaviour???????????????

It's got me..................

scotty1
05-28-2004, 05:39 AM
So, which is it?

dwid
05-28-2004, 05:48 AM
Why do you think you know that about all those other members?

She doesn't. She's just taken obvious things from their posts and/or sigs and peppered them with Barnum statements. Barnum statements are the bread and butter of dimestore psychics. They seem to be specific, but when really looked at could be applied to anyone. Let me illustrate:

I know Gene has trouble controlling his passions and struggles with committment...(barnum statement - who couldn't be described this way at some point or another)

7 is married (easily gleaned from posts) and growing into his relationship (barnum statement)...

Toby has kids.....(easily gleaned from posts)

mk has esteem problems he combats with violent thought (ridiculous barnum statement)............

Xebbs tries really hard (wow, how profound - barnum statement)

and inic wants approval (don't we all - barnum statement)

, Np is stiudious and shy.....(again...)

Iron is a closet metal head (wow, his sig and constant metal references made this one quite a logical leap) but thinks somewhere along the way he missed the boat (most egregious barnum statement, could be interpreted a million different ways depending on the context)........

Finally,

hmmmmm...lets see...is it because in personal and public conversations they have told me that or is because I have studied psychology, nuero-linguistic programming, nuero-chemistry , couselling and human thought and behaviour???????????????

This is really irritating. You make it sound as if working in psychology gives you some kind of mystical insight into people. It's total BS. I've been employed as a researcher is social psychology for some time now. I would wager I have more research experience than you do. There's nothing magical about it. If anything, your statement leads me to believe your full of it, because it's the kind of thing non-psych people always assume about people who study psych. I always get lines like, "Oh, so you're probably analyzing everything I say..." Quite simply, it doesn't work that way. Real psychological science is a lot less sexy than the visions of Freud and Mesmer that the cultural perception is based on.

SPJ
05-28-2004, 07:05 AM
Two points:

1. BL is BL. Whether she think she is Chinese or westerner or both. Take good care of your greatest blessing (Ally). Your passion for others is quite evident already. No need to prove anything more.

2. Culture is always assimilating, and integrating all the time. It is not surprising that the western world starts to assimilate eastern stuff as New Age or what not. Chinese has been doing it all along.

Some examples about "Chinese" culture:

The great walls did not keep Mongolian or Manchurian out. The ocean did not keep the oceaners out (east is Japan, and the westerners).

The largest minority is Moslem in China.

Ba Ji, Tang Twei, Zha Quan and some long boxing and some Suai Jiao are from Moslem. Moslem cuisine is the main part of Northern cuisine. Moslem folk songs consist of more than 60% of Chinese folk songs.

Buddhism is from India. It teaches to practice good deeds and seek wisdoms of life.

Communism is from Mother Russia. Capitalism from Anglo-american.

Daoism teaches to follow the nature and respect and revere the nature. on and on. (Sorry, this is indiginous Chinese).

Christian teaches to embrace the greatest love of all (God) and love for others.

Mogolian is known for his archery, horsemanship and Suai Jiao.

On and on.

What you call Chinese is actually one of many cultures.

Best wishes for all posters. Share your abundance of love with others.

unkokusai
05-28-2004, 07:09 AM
Originally posted by SPJ
Two points:

1. BL is BL. Whether she think she is Chinese or westerner or both. Take good care of your greatest blessing (Ally). Your passion for others is quite evident already. No need to prove anything more.

2. Culture is always assimilating, and integrating all the time. It is not surprising that the western world starts to assimilating eastern stuff as New Age or what not. Chinese has been doing it all along.

Some examples about "Chinese" culture:

The great walls did not keep Mongolian or Manchurian out. The ocean did not keep the oceaners out (east is Japan, and the westerners).

The largest minority is Moslem in China.

Ba Ji, Tang Twei, Zha Quan and some long boxing and some Suai Jiao are from Moslem. Moslem cuisine is the main part of Northern cuisine. Moslem folk songs consist of more than 60% of Chinese folk songs.

Buddhism is from India. It teaches to practice good deeds and seek wisdoms of life.

Communism is from Mother Russia. Capitalism from Anglo-american.

Daoism teaches to follow the nature and respect and revere the nature. on and on. (Sorry, this is indiginous Chinese).

Christian teaches to embrace the greatest love of all (God) and love for others.

Mogolian is known for his archery, horsemanship and Suai Jiao.

On and on.

What you call Chinese is actually one of many cultures.

Best wishes for all posters. Share your abundance of love with others.

Is this your writing style? Posting random unrelated sentences?

SPJ
05-28-2004, 07:24 AM
No.

It is more like note taking. The key points and then with some or more examples.

BL supported my several treads. I needed to return her the favor, when she needs "help".

It is easy to see other people insufficiency and imperfection. I am simply reminding her some of her good qualities.

For a westerner to study and practice some eastern ideas in not a novel thing. For Chinese studied and practiced many and many other and westerner stuff. From Buddhism, Communism to ---.

Thank you for reminding.

I have to go to work.

shaolin kungfu
05-28-2004, 10:21 AM
BL, you are an incredibly selfish person. How are you helping others by studying in shaolin? How are you helping your child?

I am pretty sure that your kid does feel less loved. You chose your own needs and wants over her. You chose to go to china instead of being with her. When a parent does this, chosing something else over their child, the child is hurt. You may want to believe she understands, and you may want to think she agrees with what your doing, but she doesn't. As someone thats been in the same type of situation as your daughter, i would know (Although there are differences. while my dad was an alchoholic, and chose to drink instead of being a father,he had a disease. You made a completely sober decision to leave your kid behind and pursue your own selfish wants. This makes you worse IMHO, because you willingly gave up your kid.).

On a side note, you seem to have a huge ego. Whether you make up stories to show how great you are, or they are true, you focus way too much on your greatness.

CaptinPickAxe
05-28-2004, 01:14 PM
BLs disecting people? ooh,ooh, do me next! I want next! tell me about me!

blooming lotus
05-28-2004, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by dwid

She doesn't. She's just taken obvious things from their posts and/or sigs and peppered them with Barnum statements. Barnum statements are the bread and butter of dimestore psychics. They seem to be specific, but when really looked at could be applied to anyone. Let me illustrate:

Finally,

This is really irritating. You make it sound as if working in psychology gives you some kind of mystical insight into people. It's total BS. I've been employed as a researcher is social psychology for some time now. I would wager I have more research experience than you do. There's nothing magical about it. If anything, your statement leads me to believe your full of it, because it's the kind of thing non-psych people always assume about people who study psych. I always get lines like, "Oh, so you're probably analyzing everything I say..." Quite simply, it doesn't work that way. Real psychological science is a lot less sexy than the visions of Freud and Mesmer that the cultural perception is based on.

you'll wagger???...is that a fact big shot????and you're right...there's nothing magical about it...but assesment and evaluation is what we're qualified to do..........who the F*ck insinuated sex????? I hate that sh*t........but often sexual issues, and orientation and status of related thought and resulting behaviours are part of individuals' current mind-frame.........:rolleyes: .....if you yourself had valid quals and input you would talk to me proffessionally and exclude judgment and pre-misconceptions..........

Serpent
05-28-2004, 08:35 PM
Oh man, offered the lead in Savage Garden now as well?! Hahaha - bl, you're gonna drown in your own sh!t soon.

fa_jing
05-28-2004, 09:03 PM
For those reading along, the work "Sexy" in this context refers to an attractive academic problem. This term is used a fair amount in academic circles, though it did take me by surprise the first time I heard it.

CaptinPickAxe
05-28-2004, 09:30 PM
Flex those IQ points, BL. That context of the word "sexy" was pretty obvious. He wasn't referring to sex, smart kid.

blooming lotus
05-28-2004, 11:16 PM
considering prior arguments, I just didn't think it was appropriate

CaptinPickAxe
05-28-2004, 11:49 PM
someone with an IQ like you say you have should be able to grasp the changes is context. I think your a guy with too much time on his hands and created BL. Your facade is about as thick as single-ply toilet paper...and the proverbial **** keeps getting on your hand. So you wipe it on these threads. Something stinks here and I think its your identity. Have you ever told the truth? If your such an expert at psychology and such, then how do you explain your case? Lemme guess..."Why should I waste my time?" Because it seems you already have enough of it on your **** covered hands. Provide some proof of your studies or get the hell out of here.

blooming lotus
05-29-2004, 02:28 AM
lol....you want me to explain why I don't really exist..........there's a paradox....actually, considering my ch'an studies...I could probably do that ;)

:rolleyes:

SPJ
05-29-2004, 07:28 AM
A theoretical life/social puzzle, if a mother with a 10 year-old kid, should she go along with her personal pursuit and leave the kid with grandparents?

Personally, it is not good for the kid growing up without a mom figure around, even though the teacher or Nana, aunt, or someone else will assume that role. Study, homework, church going, teens peer pressure, weird pressure from classmates, teasing for not having mom around on and on.

In real life, this does happen a lot.

1. A Rock star on tours all the time.

2. A professor of English in a foreign country.

3. A missionary in a third world country.

4. A scientist exploring antarctica.

5. A sailor in the Navy.

6. A US servicewomen stationed in a foreign country.

7. A mountain climber in the Himalayas.

8. An archaeologist in Africa.

9. Mom working in a corporate based in China, there will be just about all major US or Japan, European and not least OZ companies.

10. and of course, venerable BL, real or not.

I tried very hard to post positives to this thread. (Bring good or just Qi)

Be well!

SevenStar
05-29-2004, 08:59 AM
Do you have any stats for how often it happens? Also, you posted people leaving due to job related reasons, for the most part...BL coulda gotten a teaching gig anywhere without having to leave her kid behind.

dwid
05-29-2004, 09:55 AM
you'll wagger???...is that a fact big shot????

Yes.

and you're right...there's nothing magical about it...but assesment and evaluation is what we're qualified to do..........

Yes, and we do it with proven tools, generally with a specific purpose in mind. Your comments were like the parlor trick version of applied psychology.

who the F*ck insinuated sex????? I hate that sh*t........but often sexual issues, and orientation and status of related thought and resulting behaviours are part of individuals' current mind-frame.........

The term sexy, as has been pointed out, was perfectly valid in the context I used it and implied nothing sexual or inappropriate. Your lack of understanding of the context might be understandable in a child or someone with less than a passing understanding of the English language. Truly unbelievable coming from someone with a genius IQ.

.....if you yourself had valid quals and input you would talk to me proffessionally and exclude judgment and pre-misconceptions..........

First of all, "pre-misconceptions" is not a word. Did you mean preconceptions or misconceptions?

Anyway, I assure you my "quals" are quite valid; though I find it interesting that, as a psych professional yourself, you seem unaware of the partitioned nature of advanced study in psychology - lots of subareas and very specialized branches within those subareas - one does not just study "psychology" at the PhD level.

But I digress. Having real background in real psych instead of fantasy/ made-up psych, I am (believe it or not) entitled to have an opinion that is not based on a clinical diagnosis. If you want me to talk to you "professionally (understand that clinical psych is not my specialty, more of a hobby really)," my best guess (if you are who you say you are) is that you are pretentious, self-centered, unable to see when you are wrong, possibly unable to even conceive of another's perspective as possibly different from your own. In short, you probably fit many of the criteria for diagnosis as a borderline personality, but I'd have to see your MMPI test results to be sure. More likely, you're bored and made up this identity to entertain yourself, in which case, professionally, I diagnose you as being an idiot.

IronFist
05-29-2004, 12:05 PM
Iron is a closet metal head but thinks somewhere along the way he missed the boat........

Hehe, I'm not a "closet" metal head. Everyone that knows me knows I'm a metal head :D

What boat did I miss? The ****ty-mainstream-MTV-tells-me-what's-cool-music boat? No, I didn't miss that boat. I avoided that one willingly :D

SPJ
05-29-2004, 05:33 PM
It is a conjesture. I do not have the number.

I grew up in Taipei, Taiwan.

There were a lot of business or career moms working and let grandparents do most of the child rearing. Just about every household I knew.

The one child policy in China made grand parents "fighting" for the care of the only young while parent comrades working in the government owned "units".

With the housing shortage in the cities, it is not unusual that 3 generations living under the same roof in China.

So grand parents taking care of young is not a big deal.

This was in the 70's and 80's.

If this changes or not, I don't know. I have resided in the west since the late 80's.

SPJ
05-29-2004, 06:47 PM
I have a relative. She works for social service for the state of California based in Sacramento.

I am no family laywer nor expert. I am a vet and used to be a medical reseacher.

Yes. There are family laws. If the parents are not there all the time, the government will take away the legal guardianship and reassign it to somebody else or next of kin.

For more info, contact your lawyer or local government agency.

SPJ
05-30-2004, 07:31 AM
On self esteem:

Wang Yang Ming, a philosopher in Ming Dynasty, said Ge Wu Zi Zih.

Lao Tzu said empty your chest as an open valley. (2600 years ago).

If you have no confidence in yourself, you may start to want to be somebody you are not.

When you have knowledge and experience, you have to be humble and look at yourself in an objective way. So that you may not have overconfidence and make mistakes (ego issue).

How do you build self confidence. Ge Wu Zi Zih.

You study everything in life with an open mind and objectively. So that you start to learn to "know" things as they actually are. Over time, you have enough learning. Everything you said or you do will base on what you learned to know. Your conscience is clear. People will respect what you say and do.

For more info, read their books.

SPJ
05-30-2004, 07:46 AM
On wannabe:

I have my own wannabe's.

I cried when they cancelled "Green Hornet".

I cried when I watched the first man landed on the moon.

I wept when Bruce Lee was killed by overtraining with electricity.

I was in such a dismay, they banned David Carradine's KF series on TV.

I wanted to be Kato, the first Chinese on the moon, but none of these things happened.

I do not wannabe.

I like Jet Li. I do not want to be him. He is younger than I.

I like Chen Fa Ke and Chen Zau Gui. But Chen Yu, Chen Xiao Wang are ok. I am older than them.

Jean Claude Van D. His kickboxing is ok. Again he is a boy to me.

Steven Segall. His Qin Na is basic. Again I am older.

Alias is a girl.

Uma killed all her "family" and associates all because a minor misunderstanding. How shallow is that.

My point is I am too busy to be just me.

Be yourself.

blooming lotus
05-30-2004, 04:57 PM
some nice words......and for those that are interested...no...it is not a permanent descion that my daughter remain in the care of someone else...........

Serpent
05-31-2004, 05:30 PM
You might not have left yourself the option of making that assertion.

blooming lotus
05-31-2004, 06:03 PM
I shouldn't have had to...because frakly..it's none of teir business and if they want to jump to conclusions...who the hell am I to stop them???.....see what I mean about assumption...as* u & me sound familiar???

Vash
05-31-2004, 06:19 PM
didn't you promise a while ago that you were going to leave?

don't break your word, BL, I'm beggin ya!

blooming lotus
05-31-2004, 06:59 PM
why ?...cause if we have to play fair most people troling me aren't up to it???...I was asked to stay...by several...thx for the suggestion but i really don't think I'll be going anywhere.......

see ya round the boards ;)

Vash
05-31-2004, 07:57 PM
You can't count the voices in your head when looking for representation of support.

Your actions contradict your stated beliefs, your decisions you claim to have made and with which you claim to have followed through would indicate an ego-driven beeyotch with feelings of superiority.

Seriously though, you're the best troll EVAR. I wish to study from you.

Besides, it'd be fun to practice passing your guard :eek:

Toby
05-31-2004, 08:01 PM
Yeah, I probably asked you to stay. Here, I'll do it again:

<sarcasm>Please stay, BL, we really need you here to edumacate us!</sarcasm>

Maybe your browser didn't pick up the sarcasm tags?

Actually, I've grown to like having you around. I enjoy the laugh, and you've been writing some excellent material lately. As Vash says, the best troll ever.

Vash
05-31-2004, 08:02 PM
Originally posted by Toby
Vash says, the best troll ever.

Not ever. EVAR. You have to have the A to make it really badass and rebellious.

blooming lotus
05-31-2004, 08:33 PM
do you realise that I posted thisthread only to ask a geniune word of vice ( as in why the forum exists in the firast place) and have had over 80 replys all stating why they hate Bl more etc etc......after the "bl is the greatest....thread died that is....gimme a break ...and find your self a hobby... or a girlfriend....)

Toby
05-31-2004, 08:38 PM
We don't hate you BL. Why would you say that? You're too much fun to hate. As to a hobby, I've got one - pointing out your mistakes.

SPJ
05-31-2004, 08:43 PM
I am here to support the forum since March of this year.

As always, I was such a bore. I bored history teachers. Buddhist and Daoist monks.

I bore myself to death all the time.

My threads have only a few replies and then like a dead fish in the water.

I never post any new thread any more.

BL, you are lucky with a lot of supports and friends.:)

Serpent
05-31-2004, 09:12 PM
why ?...cause if we have to play fair most people troling me aren't up to it???...I was asked to stay...by several...thx for the suggestion but i really don't think I'll be going anywhere.......

see ya round the boards ;)
bl, when will you understand? People are not trolling you. You are making ridiculous claims, outright lies, incomprehensible posts, etc. and people are questioning your authenticity and accusing you of spouting bullsh!t. That's because you have no integrity here and constantly spout bullsh!t. If anything, you're the troll.

And Toby's right. You're not important enough to hate. It's more for amusement that I keep checking in.

Volcano Admim
05-31-2004, 09:56 PM
Mother do you think they'll drop the bomb?
Mother do you think they'll like this song?
Mother do you think they'll try to break my balls?
Mother should I build the wall?
Mother should I run for president?
Mother should I trust the government?
Mother will they put me in the firing line?
Mother am I really dying?

Hush now baby, baby, dont you cry.
Mother's gonna make all your nightmares come true.
Mother's gonna put all her fears into you.
Mother's gonna keep you right here under her wing.
She wont let you fly, but she might let you sing.
Mama will keep baby cozy and warm.
Ooooh baby ooooh baby oooooh baby,
Of course mama'll help to build the wall.

Mother do you think she's good enough -- to me?
Mother do you think she's dangerous -- to me?
Mother will she tear your little boy apart?
Mother will she break my heart?

Hush now baby, baby dont you cry.
Mama's gonna check out all your girlfriends for you.
Mama wont let anyone dirty get through.
Mama's gonna wait up until you get in.
Mama will always find out where you've been.
Mama's gonna keep baby healthy and clean.
Ooooh baby oooh baby oooh baby,
You'll always be baby to me.

Mother, did it need to be so high?

Toby
05-31-2004, 10:03 PM
The Wall was on cable the other night. I only caught the last 10min of it :mad:. It's been a while since I saw it.

CaptinPickAxe
05-31-2004, 11:42 PM
It's more for amusement that I keep checking in.

My sentiments exactly. Don't leave, I have too much fun ****in' with ya...And your always good for a laugh.:D

Pork Chop
06-01-2004, 10:07 AM
I realized over a month ago that BL is a person looking for approval. Tell BL what BL wants to hear and BL will tone down the wild and crazy statements when you try to disagree with BL.
BL reminds me of HKV (and Ryu for some strange reason).
Tell it what it wants to hear and it will go off to do it's own thing.

In the meantime is it really worth arguing with?
Granted, it's as easy as laughing at Special Ed from Crank Yankers, or busting on Rush Limbaugh; but at the end of the day does it really make you a good person for taking advantage of someone just as in need of professional help as the 2 aforementioned examples?
There's always the ignore button....

nah, it's just way too much fun
:p :D

blooming lotus
06-01-2004, 08:48 PM
wo budong......I never lie...it's against my life synopsis and personal phiolosphy...I 'm glad you're having fun fun...but it would be a sincere pleasure to get a logical or inellengemt conversation wevey now and now then.

Ps...and in Bl headines....she thinks she may have just got engaged..................go mother freaking figure.....

guess I'll be taking the lay-man/womens[' disciplship ha......................

I have gheard some crazy stuff here...like, even though I've posted pics...I'm still a senial old man, I don't know ma from tae-bo and my itellegence and previous life is a form of entertainment.......I don't understand your trolling...............lucky for detatchement, or you you folks could probably make chick feel like a product of her own imagination.............:( :confused: ;) :cool: ....what eva folks....sincerely tired..

Bl

Ps...of course I'll stay.......I have no life .....remember

T'ai Ji Monkey
06-01-2004, 08:52 PM
BL.

Pls, can you redo the post, you are rambling a wee bit and I find you are getting more and more detached from your keyboard too.

Or did you have a few drinks too much?? ;)

P.S.: Posting pics does not proof much, you can post anybodies picture and say that is you.

Now if you would volunteer for a session of Video-chat than we can be sure.

Toby
06-01-2004, 08:59 PM
Ps...and in Bl headines....she thinks she may have just got engaged..................go mother freaking figure...Congrats to you :cool:. And commiserations to the guy :p. How are you gunna do your Iron skills now? Or is it gunna be a platonic marriage? Also, how do you think you may have just got engaged? Not something you want to be unsure about ...

TJM, that's just BL-style. You have to get used to it. Try just reading every 4th or 5th word, starting from the 3rd word of the post. Or maybe it's starting from the 7th word ... I don't remember.

blooming lotus
06-01-2004, 09:01 PM
yes...have had had too much bai zhou ( white wine....if that'swhat you would call it...but i just engaged , so I'm celebrating) today.....would love to do the vid-conference thing . but be real, I don't even have a printer...............

Ming Yue
06-01-2004, 09:13 PM
I just find it interesting that someone posted a question and waited 6 hours before answering it themselves. That's gotta be a record.

Your life, BL, sounds like a ride I wouldn't want to be on.
Train hard, I sincerely hope you find peace in China.

And also a spell checker. I hope you find one of those too.

;)

blooming lotus
06-01-2004, 09:36 PM
xie xie.....not only do I hope to find one , I hope to havetime to use i......you don't understan woerk conditions here..........students for example...don't even have a washing machine or t.v, yet thet work longer hrs...sure I could get more $$ola elsewhere, but when you're talking karma and community service ...it just doesnn't matter.............

Ie: - do you know in henan province is one of th4e highest aids infection related populations???????.this equates to sufferance, lack of social acceptance/understanding and more imporatntly aids related orphans...........anyone have a heart or budget to accomodate a unparented kid of school age????/criteria is flexible ....email me on shaymichelle@hotmail.com or check out sunshine kids project , henan province china.....or do search on Dr. Gao........these kids deserve a start...and hey , they don't even eat much ;)!!

I am soooo busy!!:( forgive me ...I am so over-obligated I meditate.........................this province and its' consequential polictical-societal state is is tradgic to the hardest as*!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Volcano Admim
06-02-2004, 03:21 AM
Xebby couldnt spell, but that never made him bad or worse, suckness never came from it, spelling his way was a matter of style

The Wall ****ing rules, man
You cant miss The Wall
I cant live without The Wall, man

Im feeling bluesy so here the blues:

"I was in the kitchen,
Seamus, that's the dog, was outside.
Well, I was in the kitchen,
Seamus, my old hound, was outside.
Well, the sun sinks slowly
But my old hound just sat right down and cried." :cool: