PDA

View Full Version : LKH Small Plum Blossom transition technique

yutyeesam
05-24-2004, 08:43 AM
Hi, what's the name of the technique in LKH's small plum blossom form that comes right after the very first biujong, and right before the fu-jow?

It's that position where the left palm is out looking like kum jeong, and the right hand is up by the ear (in sei ping ma).

We do this position a lot in our forms, right before executing fu-jow. I never knew what it was called. Is it simply just kum-jeong?

thanks,

Fu-Pow
05-24-2004, 10:10 AM
Chaan Jeung (cutting palm). Could also be applied as a Kam Jeung.

Anyone have any idea what the right hand by the ear is supposed to be doing?

CLFNole
05-24-2004, 10:22 AM
Picture someone grabbing your arm or a punch coming at you. The left hand clears or blocks the incoming punch. The right hand comes back towards the ear stretching the waist & shoulders to unleash the fu-jow strike. The power generation is similar to a rubber band in that one side stretches then other springs with loose power using the entire body in the strike (legs, waist, etc...).

Peace.

yutyeesam
05-24-2004, 10:31 AM
hey, thanks mucho!
one more, if I may.

what is the name of that transition posture right before executing that downwards sidekick? (it's that postion you jump to, right after you do a chum kiu block while lifting your left leg)

it may not even have a name, but it is such a specific posture that I figured maybe it has one.

Fu-Pow
05-24-2004, 11:22 AM
Hand does Jaap Kiuh (closing bridge.)

Leg does Kau (which I think translates as "hook.")

Basically what you are doing is deflecting any attack to the side to set up your opponent for Chaan Geuk (or dropping side kick to the leg.)

BTW, I have a translation that I did on Siu Mui Fah if you want it. You are welcome to post it to your site if it is still running. I can also send you the list of CLF forms that I compiled.

What is the address for that site anyways?

CLFNole
05-24-2004, 01:14 PM
The picture on the poster can be a bit deceiving for this one. It looks like a dahn tai ma/dok girk (leg leg stance) chum kui (sinking bridge/block) and goes into charn fu, however a better application is the one seen from the ching jong form. This involves more of a poon kiu block into the kick and would be better suited for a punch to the upper body or head. The lower block might be better suited to a mid-range kick.

Peace.

yutyeesam
05-24-2004, 01:31 PM
cool, thanks again. btw, when we do sol geuk, or chaan fu...or even sa-sau ta geuk, we position the hands in the same way (although in sa-sau ta geuk, it looks more like dan na). Is there a specific name for that technique by itself, w/o the sweep/kick?

It looks like an open handed version of Jeet-Fu Choy.

Fu-Pow
05-24-2004, 01:56 PM
When you do Chaan Fu (cut down the tiger) with the leg, the hand is doing Chaan Jeung (cutting palm).

When you do Sou Geuk (sweep foot) and Saat Sau Tek Geuk (scatter hand kick foot) your hand/arm is doing Daan Lahn (single bridge).

At least that is my understanding

:D