PDA

View Full Version : Ain't that just cute!

Becca
05-27-2004, 03:18 PM
One of my co-workers set me up on a blind date with one of his buddies who was into martial arts and had complained about not being able to find women who understood his love of them and were also into that sort of thing. Come to find out, his problem wasn't that he couldn't find one. He didn't actually want to find one.

The whole time (thankfully only lunch) he told me how cute I was for trying to be like him. But I was going to get bruised up if I didn't stop playing at this whole "fighting thing".

I had no idea that after almost 10 years of study, several joint dislocations, a broken ankle and gosh-only-knows how many broken noses that I was just playing.

Have any of you gone out with a person (what ever gender) who seemed into your hobby only to put you down for it?

red5angel
05-27-2004, 03:42 PM
r u serious?! I didn't realise people who thought like that stil existed. So this guy actually said this to you on a blind date?

CaptinPickAxe
05-27-2004, 03:43 PM
he's got game....or not

rubthebuddha
05-27-2004, 03:55 PM
if one sound could illustrate that guy's apartment later that night, this would be it:

"fap."

i've had some dates put me down. the responses i usually got were, "so can you kick me in the head?" "yeah, if i knocked you over first" or other such drivel.

Vash
05-27-2004, 04:00 PM
Dang, RTB, that's kinda reverse for me: I generally have to knock them over and then kick 'em in the head before they'll go out with me ;)

Seriously, though, Becca, come on down to el Dorado, there's some nice martial arts dudes 'round here . . . if you don't mind croty ;):eek: :cool:

Becca
05-27-2004, 04:03 PM
Yes. He really said that. Then he acted suprized when I said no to another date. I'm glad I'm going to graveyard shif next week. I won't have to see him or his buddy. I have no idea how to explain just why I had a problem with that conversation.

Merryprankster
05-27-2004, 04:08 PM
Becca,

Why you were ****ed was obvious: It was insulting.

Tell him if he ever wants to find and keep a woman around for awhile that he needs to adjust his thinking. He may not get the message, but at least you made your stance clear! He needs to hear it.

rubthebuddha
05-27-2004, 04:21 PM
becca -- be honest. you obviously have a minor distaste for bigots, so tell him that. :)

MonkeySlap Too
05-27-2004, 04:39 PM
I can't tell you how many women tell me similar types of stories about bonehead dates. It always amazes me, as it doesn't seem to be that hard to actually be nice.

Shaolinlueb
05-27-2004, 07:50 PM
a cute chick who does martial arts? where do i sign up?

Chang Style Novice
05-27-2004, 08:53 PM
What a dicfore.

Anyway, other than that, Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play?

SanSoo Student
05-27-2004, 11:05 PM
Spar with him, and then tell him your just "playing" ;)

Meat Shake
05-27-2004, 11:31 PM
Yes. I agree. Give him a nice beatdown, let him know what "playing" is all about.

CaptinPickAxe
05-27-2004, 11:40 PM
Shake check your PMs assnugget.

Xebsball
05-28-2004, 09:52 AM
Originally posted by rubthebuddha
if one sound could illustrate that guy's apartment later that night, this would be it:

"fap."

lol
fucgkin awesome

my eyes are burning

Neckbones
05-28-2004, 10:06 AM
C'mon Becca! I agree with him. After ten years of study, you can't really be serious about this whole "fighting thing.":rolleyes:

Just kiddin. That guy is a jacka$$. Tell him to know his role and shut his hole.

Xebsball
05-28-2004, 10:11 AM
you guys over-reacting

he might have apoint

friend points at coffins making house when we going to a bar
"We gotta enjoy while we not yet on one o those, could be any time.... Knock on wood dude"

Xebsball
05-28-2004, 10:12 AM
but wait.

that works both ways
you can have fun fighting
and not fighting too

its just a matter of choise

nevermind what i just said

David Jamieson
05-28-2004, 11:58 AM
isn't this in some way related to the ails and woes of even conversing about martial arts with someone? And how futile it gets?

Just blow him off, he's a goof and don't deserve your goodies for being such a negative nelly LOL!

cheers

Becca
05-28-2004, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by Xebsball
but wait.

that works both ways
you can have fun fighting
and not fighting too

its just a matter of choise

nevermind what i just said

But then you wouldn't be Zebby!

I have come to the conclusion that he is looking for someone like the blond bimbo who hung on Ralph Maccio in "The Karate Kid". Knows enough to sound inteligent but won't actually participate. I'm the kind of girl who raids my savings account to go to an iron dumby seminar. (which I just did, BTW)

That's also what I told my co-worker when he asked why I "blew off" his friend.

The Willow Sword
05-28-2004, 09:19 PM
i have pretty much given up trying to find women that are in to anything athletic, including martial arts.

seems like the women in this town are only interested in cardio stepping and you wasting your paycheck on them on friday and saturday nights:eek:

the hippi chicks smell,
the prudes dont wanna have anything to do with me because i drive a truck.
the other ones that i think are attractive turn out to be lip stick dyke$.

and everyone else is munching on McDonalds and it shows.

"Sigh" :( i need a hug,,,,,,and NO im not G@Y :mad:

PEACE,,TWS

JMantisSmurf
05-28-2004, 09:28 PM
her kicking his as

hehe
that'd be funny

cerebus
05-28-2004, 09:36 PM
Heh, heh! LOL@ TWS! I hear ya'! I've been there brother (ever live in Northern Vermont before?)! :p :p :p

SanSoo Student
05-29-2004, 09:34 AM
Times like that require a road trip to Southern Ca. or Las Vegas, get drunk and go back to your room with a woman.