PDA

View Full Version : anyone know how...

David Jamieson
05-28-2004, 03:20 PM
to dampen the vibration and sound on a heavy bag?

I have a 70 lb-er hanging from a steel girder in my basement, but it still shakes the crap out of the living room upstairs when I workout.

Anyone ever had to solve this and got a few tips? The house is new so it ain't a question of reinforcement or any of that. MOstly a vibration dampening something or other is what I need.

thanks

cheers

Chang Style Novice
05-28-2004, 03:31 PM
Sounds like what you need is a heavy-duty spring between the bag and the support. Maybe you cound salvage one from a junked car.

Meat Shake
05-28-2004, 05:34 PM
Ive had the same problem... It shakes the living room really bad... And I live in a fairly new 1 story house with no basement.
You could possibly try building a bag hanging stand? Its pretty simple... 2 4"x4" however high you want the bag to hang, and a nice heavy guage steel pipe to hang the bag from. You would either have to put supports on the 4"x4"s or some how secure them to the ground... Ive been planning on moving mine to the back patio like this for a while, but Im too ****ed lazy to build anything.

dodger87
05-29-2004, 09:42 AM
In my house the boxing bag is hanging of this stand my dad bought. Um, I dunno the website he ordered it from but its like a basketball ring except much lower and instead of having the board for basketball it has a hook where you put the chain on top of your boxing bag on, and the base has 2 bars adjacent to each other and a back bar behind it supporting, it also has little bars connected from the pole diagonally to the base bars.

I think it costs around 250-300 dollars.

EarthDragon
05-29-2004, 05:46 PM
I would definatly suggest buying a heavy bag spring and 2 swivels. The spring takes the shock out of the chain and stops the swaying motion,also stops the vibration, while the swivels help keep the bag from tightening the chain, which also helps vibration.

ShaolinTiger00
05-30-2004, 07:51 AM
KL, - springs.