PDA

View Full Version : Happy Memorial Day (USA)!

PaulH
05-28-2004, 04:18 PM
Have a great time, folks! The night is young and we won't have to work until next Tuesday! Ah, the joy of being in the USA! =)

Phenix
05-28-2004, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by PaulH
Have a great time, folks! The night is young and we won't have to work until next Tuesday! Ah, the joy of being in the USA! =)

happy memorial day!

Ernie
05-28-2004, 05:01 PM
back at you paul after tonights attribute class i'm on vacation see you when i get back

yuanfen
05-29-2004, 03:22 PM
Pat Tillman who was killed in Afghanistan- most likely by friendly fire- was very well known locally (Phoenix) and at my university,
Foragood write up on his values see the cnn story on Memorial day at:

http://www.cnn.com/2004/US/04/24/rawlings/index.html

PaulH
05-29-2004, 03:45 PM
Pat Tillman...true American!

Thanks, Joy! You made my Memorial day!

Regards,
PH

John Weiland
05-29-2004, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by yuanfen
Pat Tillman who was killed in Afghanistan- most likely by friendly fire- was very well known locally (Phoenix) and at my university,
Foragood write up on his values see the cnn story on Memorial day at:

http://www.cnn.com/2004/US/04/24/rawlings/index.html
Pat Tillman set a commendable young man, most unusual for a native San Josean. I don't know how he escaped the Bay Area's group think mentality, but I'm proud our country can still produce young men with true courage and independence, as well as indifference to wealth and fame.

Freedom needs its defenders and I'm flying the flag today in memory of all those who fought and gave their lives so that our democracy might survive.

Tillman was small for the NFL, but stood head and shoulders over most of his contemporaries in the things that count.

In past wars such as WWII, Hollywood and pro sports produced others, who like Tillman, gave up their personal comforts and privilege to share the burden of defense of their country. My hats off to them, too many to definitively list, but including the 42-year-old Clark Gable, fresh from Gone with the Wind fame, who like Tillman enlisted as a private, before working his way up to Captain. Recognition should also go to Pat Tillman's brother who enlisted with him and is still fighting in Afghanistan.

In memory of the courageous fighting man,

PaulH
05-30-2004, 11:23 PM
I think no truer words during this special occasion were spoken than these which are carved into marble: "The nation honors her sons and daughters who answered the call to defend a country they never knew and a people they never met."

Phil Redmond
05-31-2004, 10:31 AM
Happy Memorial Day to all Vets who served and especially to those that paid the ultimate price.
Phillip Redmond
USMC 2 tours in Vietnam.

desertwingchun2
05-31-2004, 12:51 PM
To all who served, Thank You!

-David

Ultimatewingchun
05-31-2004, 12:59 PM
To Pat Tillman and all our military personnel, past and present...

Thank you!