PDA

View Full Version : any good masters in hk

Sagacious Monk
05-21-2001, 04:11 PM
i just arrived in hk..just wondering any good masters around.. my sifu is jim fung...but i cant see any of our lineages are here..ie tsui shan tin
( sorry for the spelling misatke)..

if i join a new lineages..i want to join the wong's lineages ...which masters are good in hk under these lineages

thanx bro

S.Teebas
05-21-2001, 06:12 PM
er..... how about the man him self! Tsui has a school in HK.

Armin
05-21-2001, 06:49 PM
:D :D :D harhar :D :D :D

Martial Joe
05-21-2001, 10:59 PM
Tsui Sheung Tin all the way.Go touch hands with that man and you will never want to leave!

jameswebsteruk
05-22-2001, 12:41 PM
Cliff Au Yueng is a student of the late WSL, and teaches in WanChai, very nice guy, open to other styles and students.

Sagacious Monk
05-22-2001, 04:45 PM
he does have a school in hk...
you know where?

jameswebsteruk
05-22-2001, 05:32 PM
TST teaches at the VingTsun Athletic association headquarters in Kowloon, Im afraid I cant remember which evening. The school there is shared with different teachers on different nights.
And as for where the school is, ******, I cant remember that either, only been a couple of times. Come on someone, help me out. Is it Jordan?

Frank

chongnoi
05-23-2001, 01:49 AM
Check out mu Sifu, Siu Yuk Men, he was one of Yip Man's original students and one of the only few to learn the entire system from Yip Man. Better yet-he speaks fluent english. I was very blessed to be accepted as his first private American student and spent 6 months training full time in Hong Kong. He can be contacted at the VTAA phn:2381-6044 His classes are mon, thur, fri 4;30 - 8;00 pm. The VTAA is located on nullah road next to the Mong Kok Police station (take the MTR and use the Prince Edward stop)

jameswebsteruk
05-23-2001, 12:01 PM
Prince Edward, that was it, not Jordan. (smacks forehead)

Cheers!

Sagacious Monk
05-23-2001, 04:37 PM
i heard that TST classes are by invitation only is that true?

ALso what do you think of master Wan adn Yuen under the WOng lineage which one is better?

S.Teebas
05-23-2001, 05:57 PM
Ask you Sifu... he is Tsui's student, he would know.

benny
05-24-2001, 08:43 AM
sifu cliff au yeung is very good and was wong sheung leung interpetor when barry lee could not come. sifu cliff was with him for 10-15 yrs.
his web site is www.vt.com.hk (http://www.vt.com.hk)
and his school is at 4/f flat c sun hey mansion
68-76 hennessy rd wanchai

he is very good and the school is great. the students are really friendly and he has alot of students that speak english as well as him.
if you do go please say hello to him from benny from australia.
good luck

jameswebsteruk
05-24-2001, 06:24 PM
Hey Benny,
Clive Potter (WSL in the UK) and a bunch of guys are hitting HK again this year, in early november, when are you going? Do you go as a group or on your own? We are bringing a group from Barcelona and Germany (who used to be WT).

Your right about Cliff, he is a really nice guy. On our last night he laid on a banquet for all 16 of us, out of his own pocket.

Sagacious Monk
05-25-2001, 04:03 PM
what do you think of the Wong Shun Leung's Four Senior Diciples. Which one is better. the
four senior disciples are Masters WAN Kam Leung, YUEN Yim Keung, CHIU Hok Yin and NG Chun Hong.

saulauchung
05-25-2001, 05:55 PM
For someone to answer you question would require that person to know all four of these sifus. I doubt if you would find this person, not that they doesn't exist.

You know their web sites, do your research and make your own conclusion.

cha kuen
05-26-2001, 06:46 PM
Chong noi,

How much did your sifu charge you?

Martial Joe
05-26-2001, 08:09 PM
I am telling you,just visit Tsui Sheung Tin.

jameswebsteruk
05-27-2001, 10:49 AM
>> what do you think of the Wong Shun Leung's Four Senior Diciples. Which one is better. the
four senior disciples are Masters WAN Kam Leung, YUEN Yim Keung, CHIU Hok Yin and NG Chun Hong. <<

I have only seen Wan Kam Leung and Chiu Hok Yin in action, but they are both solid, direct, powerful fighters. Chiu Hok Yin was the guy at the 1st VT conference with the large pole (oo-err).

Wan Kam Leung, from what I could see, has diverged from WSL method, he does the moves differently, pushing the leader shoulder forward much more. This refinement seems to work for him, as he is extremely strong and powerful.

Anyone who can get jumped by three people, stabbed in the head, then put two of them in hospital, is probably worth a visit in my opinion.
:cool:

popsider
05-27-2001, 03:02 PM
Frank Exchange, I'd be very interested in attending any seminars your instructor is running in the UK. Do you know if there is a way of finding out about any he is running - I have emailed him directly before but was unable to make the dates he gave me (in Southampton).

Thanks

Sagacious Monk
05-28-2001, 03:51 PM
good answered mate...

jameswebsteruk
05-28-2001, 04:42 PM
Hi popsider,

Clive has no upcoming UK seminars on the cards as far as I know, I think he is off next week to give one in, I dunno, Lanzerote, or somewhere :)

Why not come on down to the class for a visit? We are very friendly and open, no one is going to "try you out" or anything. Can you get to St.Albans, (just north of London) or do you live very far away?

We have a class on Monday evenings at 7.30 and Saturday at 12 at the moment.

popsider
05-29-2001, 01:16 AM
I live about 80 miles away - I do plan to come down some time but if there were a seminar or something more than a regular class I would make the effort to make it then.

benny
05-31-2001, 05:11 PM
We are also going in november. we went the same time last year.