PDA

View Full Version : What does your training looks like ?

TzuChan
05-20-2001, 06:16 PM
Hi, I'm looking for a good school, and think I found one not to far from here (20 mins by car or something) But I was wondering, what do your classes look like (so tell me like, 15 mins , warm-up, then we do ...) I have untill now only seen the hours of training, it's 1 time a week and one training is 3 hours long (so that's kinda cool :)) But tell me what training is supposed to look like in a descent school when you START at wing chun (I believe that is sil nim tao or something :))

You practice Wing Chun ? COntact me on my icq ! 71470721(my name there is "vision")

TzuChan
05-20-2001, 06:18 PM
Tell me every little detail that matters , cause I want to get started in a good school at once

You practice Wing Chun ? COntact me on my icq ! 71470721(my name there is "vision")

old jong
05-20-2001, 09:13 PM
First we bang our heads on the walls to make it tougher then we do pushps on the little fingers only (100 to 1000 depending)then we meditate for a couple of hours then finally we beat the new students senseless! :D

C'est la vie!

jason8
05-20-2001, 09:46 PM
Old Jong> we tried banging our heads on the walls to, but found that it didnt make the walls any tougher!!

Tzu'Chan> an average class at my school consists of a warm up (stretching and conditioning excercises), practice of the forms and then some combination of the following: basic pair drills, stepping excercises, single hand chi sao, double hand chi sao, sparring, etc...

Armin
05-21-2001, 09:55 AM
Hi Tzu`Chan!

Follow the link (I hope it works):

http://forum.kungfuonline.com/1/OpenTopic?q=Y&a=tpc&s=126197291&f=769195302&m=4701917491

If it doesn't work look in this forum, page 3, topic: Class structure.

Armin.

TzuChan
05-21-2001, 05:38 PM
Looks like my school looks OK then

tiger_1
05-26-2001, 12:48 AM
my friend in first im traning 60min legs and 60min chi sao to wo du and im traning metamorfose and intonjutsyabout 30 min but not ewry day 4 day in 7 ok cool justfriendly tiger_1 ;)

/

Wei Sui
05-26-2001, 03:58 AM
Classes are held in my Sifu's garage. We can wear street clothes, but I prefer track pants and a loose top. We don't do any warm up, he believes that we should do that on our own time before hand.

We usually start with the Si Nim Tao (he always stresses that we must "do as the form says"), ingraining into our minds so that we must use it as our template.

Then he usaully tell everyone to partner up and do Single arm Chi Sau...Seniors can do double if they wish...but he always stresses for them not to neglect the single hand.

Afterwords, he decides what to work on.... punching techniqes, gor sau, footwork, etc.

There are no belts, when he thinks you are ready, he will show you something new to practice, he will spend at least 15-20% of the class explaining theory so that we can not only understand/apply it, but teach it in the future....

Anyhow, that is my training.
Good luck on your WC journey

Dai yut tow dai :)