PDA

View Full Version : Nashville Seminar

Oso
06-01-2004, 10:49 AM
As already noted, yu shan hosted a seminar in Nashville this past weekend for Jake Burroughs (lack of shifu title only because he doesn't seem to use it) to teach the White Ape Steals the Peach form of his teacher Master Hu.

Pong Lai folks from Tampa and Asheville traveled to attend and great fun was had by all.

Judge Pen, a Shaolin Do stylee, who lives in Knoxville also came and it was good to meet someone from another system and another KFM addict.

Here's a pic of the KFM peeps in attendance

18elders
06-01-2004, 11:15 AM
A great seminar weekend, nice to see everyone and get out of the FL heat!!
Jake did a great job with the form and applications, really nice guy and a good attitude. If anyone gets a chance to attend a seminar by him i highly recomend attending it.

Judge Pen
06-01-2004, 11:41 AM
I can only echo these remarks. A very nice seminar and it was great to meet some of the folks here and see that we do actually train instead of just talking about it on the internet! Jake was awesome and I look forward to meeting up with the Nashville and Asheville people again soon.

Oso
06-01-2004, 12:02 PM
ahem...Asheville

;)

yep, a good weekend. went out at lunch and ran the BYTT a few times.

Ming Yue
06-01-2004, 12:02 PM
Always a pleasure to meet up and train with the Nashville folks. Shrfu Jim has got a really dynamic group, and it was great to meet Judge Pen, 18 Elders & Andrew as well.

A great weekend!

Nightmare619
06-01-2004, 12:53 PM
The seminar was awesome. Not only did I learn a really fun and conditioning form, but I made several friends in the process. Overall, it was one of the most fun weekends I’ve had in a long while.

yu shan
06-01-2004, 04:07 PM
It was delightful having Mr. Jake Burroughs in for this weekend of training. He is a very good teacher and a skillful Martial Artist. If you ever have the chance to meet him or would like to contact him, send me a pm. Master Hu taught this gentleman very well. From what Jake said, Master Hu Xi Lin will be in New Mexico next year. I believe it will be his first visit to the US.

This was a great chance to learn this form. I`ve wanted to learn it for many years. We had the seminar outdoors in the Park. Alot of people stopping by to watch and asking questions.

It was great to meet Judge Pen. I appreciate 18-Elders and `Drew coming up from Tampa. And as usual, Oso`s group trains hard and partys hard. :) Of course, thanks to my students for supporting this get-together.

We all enjoyed Jakes teaching it really was alot of fun. We also ate and drank very well!

Judge Pen
06-02-2004, 07:13 AM
Yu shan,

I have a feeling that since I'm spending most of my weekends in Nashville that we will have a chance to work out together more. I would honor that prospect.

Joe Mantis
06-02-2004, 08:31 AM
Great Picture.
Like the superimposed KFO names.
Sorry to have missed the seminar. sounds awesome.

Yu Shan see you when you come down to O town.

18elders
06-02-2004, 11:26 AM
Would have been nice to have you there

Lu Bu
06-03-2004, 09:16 AM
It was a great seminar, and a great weekend all around. Some of the most fun I have had in a long time. It was great working out with Andrew, 18Elders, and the Asheville crew. Jake Burroughs is also an excellent teacher, and I learned a great deal this weekend. I hope to train with everyone again soon!

Nightmare619
06-03-2004, 12:55 PM
I just have to reiterate on how great of a teacher Jake was. I really enjoyed all of his demonstrations and apps. Other than just that he has a great outlook on life and martial arts.

bung bo
06-03-2004, 08:44 PM
it was a great seminar. i learned a lot and made new friends. jake burroughs is a good teacher. he showed us a lot of good apps out of the form. i've got to remember to try to not look as silly in my next picture.

Ming Yue
06-03-2004, 08:49 PM
you had your eyes closed in both shots, bung bo. :)