PDA

View Full Version : NEED HELP/FIGHTERS!!! THURSDAY, JUNE 10th

Khun Kao Charuad
06-01-2004, 08:40 PM
NEED HELP/FIGHTERS! THURSDAY, JUNE 10th!!!

Hi all....

Many of you saw my recent post regarding the upcoming "Fight Night" in Annandale, VA on Thursday, June 10th. Well, there is a serious problem. For a variety of reasons, the scheduled Muay Thai fights are in danger of falling through!

If there are fighters in the DC, MD, VA area who could make themselves available to step up and fight, it would be greatly appreciated! They are trying to schedule between 2-4 modified Muay Thai bouts (amateur). 3x 2 minute rounds. Though I'm not 100% sure, I believe that headgear and shinpads will be used.

The promoter will be willing to cover fighters/coaches travel expenses.

If anyone is interested, please contact me at:

khun.kao@verizon.net

and I can provide more details.

THANKS IN ADVANCE!!!

joedoe
06-01-2004, 08:44 PM
Will you cover travel expenses if we are coming all the way from Oz? :D

Volcano Admim
06-02-2004, 03:15 AM
sorry man, i retired for the beer, the chicks and my slow self destruction

Shaolinlueb
06-02-2004, 06:38 AM
theres chicks involved? hmmmm [rubs chin]

Chang Style Novice
06-02-2004, 06:44 AM
Will you cover medical expenses when I get creamed like corn? How about emotional damage for when I squeal like a little girl and run away?:p

Ray Pina
06-02-2004, 07:06 AM
Would you cover travel via Amtrak from NYC? I may be interested if you can get mack to me soon.

Pork Chop
06-02-2004, 07:22 AM
Are these going to be exhibition?
Or will it go on our permanent record? :D

I wouldn't mind helpin you out; but I'd kinda like to have at least a little control over who I step in the ring with.

Still passing out flyers up here in Baltimore for the event.
Might drop a few by Baltimore Boxing, but not sure how I (or the flyers) would be received.

Water Dragon
06-02-2004, 07:36 AM
Originally posted by Shaolinlueb
theres chicks involved? hmmmm [rubs chin]

Naw, that's just Xebby in a thong and pasties.

Shaolinlueb
06-02-2004, 08:56 AM
Originally posted by Water Dragon

Naw, that's just Xebby in a thong and pasties.

:(

uhh nm then

Mutant
06-02-2004, 09:00 AM
sounds like fun good luck with the event.
it sure is hard to get all the match-ups together w/o injuries taking its toll, our fights are falling apart for this weekend too.

our old friend and training partner jurgan moved down there to maryland last year, maybe he'd be interested, he would fight at around 140 i thnk, the b-more sanshou crew could probably get ahold of him for you (i'm sure he'd be thrilled i'm suggesting him up for a match thats like 1 week off, hehe, he'd be surprised) :p

Suntzu
06-02-2004, 09:09 AM
jurgen seemed to have surcumbed to his injuries and last i heard/saw.... is FAR from 140 :D ..... i need to give him a shout out tho.....

Pork Chop
06-02-2004, 09:09 AM
MW
KKC knows Jurgan :)
Jurgan - Suntzu would be a heckuva match too.
There are a lot of gyms in the area and probably a lot of fighters who could fight (even on short notice), i just don't know if the magic is there to provide any decent match ups.

Volcano Admim
06-02-2004, 10:26 AM
dont listen to WD
hes just jealous of my beer

Mutant
06-02-2004, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by BMore Banga
MW
Jurgan - Suntzu would be a heckuva match too.

now THAT would be a fun match to see... i'd even buy them beers afterwards:D

Suntzu
06-02-2004, 11:00 AM
now THAT would be a fun match to see... i'd even buy them beers afterwards we actually HAVE that on video................ somewhere :(

Pork Chop
06-02-2004, 11:39 AM
I think MKC still has that tape...
it also has the jurgan vs me, david vs goliath match where jurgan puts on a throwing clinic...
imagine my shock at landing the most perfect head kick I've ever landed and getting thrown on my bootie before I can appreciate the damage i caused....

MW
I'll buy a round or two myself. :)

Khun Kao Charuad
06-02-2004, 02:57 PM
EvolutionFist....

I tried to contact you, says your mailbox is full. Please email me at:

khun.kao@verizon.net

Brooks (Khun Kao)

Khun Kao Charuad
06-02-2004, 06:15 PM
ANNOUNCEMENT!!!

Hi everyone! I have gotten off the phone with the promoter just now, and it looks like we have just about cemented the Muay Thai portion of the event. Please disregard the above "cry for help" as it has turned out to be a bit of a false alarm. The fighters have all confirmed their intentions to fight, and there is even 1 extra fight on deck in case another falls through.

Thanks to everyone who responded. Lets hope this event is a success! I will post a review of how the event goes next weekend!

Oh, by the way, anyone who is interested in attending this Thursday nights event, either contact me directly at khun.kao@verizon.net or call US Taekwondo College in Chatilly, VA 703-380-7777 for tickets and/or more details.

Brooks (Khun Kao)

ps- I have spoken with the promoter, and due to the overwhelmingly positive response towards the Muay Thai, he is planning on his next event being strictly a Muay Thai event. Keep your eyes and ears open for our next event!

joedoe
06-02-2004, 06:24 PM
The promoter is just trying to avoid paying for an airfare from Oz aren't they? :D

Khun Kao Charuad
06-03-2004, 05:18 AM
I think hes trying to avoid paying airfare for anyone right now. LOL. He really got hit at the last minute with a bunch of insurance fees he was unaware of, which was one of the problems regarding whether the MT portion of the event was going to happen or not. Thats been straightened out, and the fighters are confirmed as well.