06-02-2004, 01:14 AM
http://www.dolfzine.com/page418.htm

check out the painting on the wall...

cerebus
06-02-2004, 03:53 AM
Just as long as they don't claim to have invented the damm things! :D :D

Radhnoti
06-02-2004, 03:28 PM
BentMonk has talked about how tough his workouts with that guy are...I believe Scott Sonnon certified him to teach his kettlebell workouts there in Louisville.

SevenStar
06-02-2004, 07:28 PM
yeah, it looks like he's got a pretty serious workout - definitely worth trying.

fa_jing
06-02-2004, 07:54 PM
Most of us don't do the snatch like that, however. The dead snatch is pretty much like that, but the swing snatch is not, the arm doesn't really bend and you don't upright row it like that.

Yes, this guy has been around awhile, he's probably pretty good.

FooFighter
06-04-2004, 05:44 AM
I noticed some flaws in his techniques, especially in the basic swing. However, he is my senior and who am I to judge. I aint no hater.

Toby
06-06-2004, 08:14 PM
Originally posted by FooFighter
However, he is my senior and who am I to judge. I aint no hater. You do Shaolin-do? I thought you did WC? Or do you mean your KB senior? So there's a CMA-style hierarchy amongst KB lifters? Wow, lots of questions in a row :D.

FooFighter
06-07-2004, 07:02 AM
Toby:

I do not practice shaolin gung fu per se, but wing chun gung fu which is a branch of shaolin and not a style of shaolin. It became a style when talented gung fu students wanted to distinguish themselves and when they thought they had absolute claim on combatic authority. Like Biology is only a branch of western science and not Science itself. It would be rather futile and arrogrant to argue for example that a biologist is better than physicist or to believe that a person can mastered all the higher knowledge and theories within western science. Anyone who can understand this simple logic, would or should cease many the political nonsense found within MA.

I called the man my senior because I am very old fashioned about giving my elders' "FACE" and respect which I believe many westerners do not understand. The man who I called my senior
is clearly my senior in age, in martial art experience, Kb experience, and most likely in life's wisdom. I do believe there is a hierarchy within Pavel's KB organization.

Cheers.

Toby
06-07-2004, 08:04 PM
I do not practice shaolin gung fu per se, but wing chun gung fu which is a branch of shaolin and not a style of shaolin.I didn't mean shaolin gung fu, I meant Shaolin-do (http://www.shaolin-do.com/). Don't you read the main forum? Controversial organisation.

I called the man my senior because I am very old fashioned about giving my elders' "FACE" and respect which I believe many westerners do not understand.Do you even give respect when they're clearly wrong? I'm not saying he's wrong - I wouldn't know. I'm just interested.

Thanks for the reply.

FooFighter
06-10-2004, 05:28 AM
Toby:

I have my own opinions about "shaolin do" but I will only speak what I know is true and personal inside my heart because otherwise I think I would only offer negative comments and judgement. I have no direct experience of shaolin do and it would be unfair and ignorant for me to comment. There is so much negative energy in the martial arts world due to ego and etc and I want no part of it; I had enough of it within my own style wingchun. Toby, again "Face" is very difficult to understand. It is more than respecting your elders when he or she is wrong. If you are interested in knowing more about shaolin do, then you should contact someone who is a student or teacher of shaolin do.

Toby
06-10-2004, 07:29 PM
Thanks Foo. I'm not interested in shaolin-do. I just find it an entertaining thing to read about when it crops up. I was just asking because I thought you meant you trained it in your first post whereas I always thought you did WC.