PDA

View Full Version : dropping some weight?

red5angel
06-02-2004, 08:24 AM
I've been losing weight steadily now for about 6 months. I've lost a ton of fat but only technically lost about 22 lbs, cause I'm also weight lifting.
Now I"ve plateaud on the weight loss and don't seem to be losing any fat. I need to lose 13 more pounds, so I need to find a way to shock my body into fat loss again. Anyone have any suggestions?

I'm already working out heavily, so going that route isn't an option. I'm also eating fairly well and watching calories and fat intake, so everything is looking good, but I have hit a plateau.

norther practitioner
06-02-2004, 09:55 AM
I know you said you have been working out hard, but try adding in something. I've platued and then gained a little, dropped, platued at about the same spot, then added in a hike or a mt. bike ride once or twice a week, and I'm starting to trim down a little again.

red5angel
06-02-2004, 10:02 AM
I"ve been debating on adding some extra weight lifting in the AM to go along with wanting to put on a little mass.

fa_jing
06-02-2004, 10:13 AM
Cut starches to just one meal a day
Never eat an all-starch snack. Snack on cheese and carrots or eat a piece of salami. Learn to crave protein to satisfy your hunger.
Prepare to be a bit hungry at times.
Watch the pounds peel off.

red5angel
06-02-2004, 10:21 AM
hmmmm, I've also been looking at ketosis as a way to burn fat quickly. It wouldn't be a permanent thing, just temporary. I did it a few years ago ad it worked, although the carb cravings are insane.

Volcano Admim
06-02-2004, 10:22 AM
i heard beer is very good for that
so im doing some

FooFighter
06-02-2004, 05:06 PM
Have you thought about illegal fat burners? I am buying some tomorrow from a gym rat.

fa_jing
06-02-2004, 08:13 PM
Nah, don't do full ketosis, just take whatever your carb intake is currently and cut it in half. You'll maintain more strength this way, from what I hear.

red5angel
06-03-2004, 07:26 AM
LOL! no illegal fat burners. Back when I was dating a russian bodybuilder, she had me taking some sort of stack, and it didn't seem to work all that well so I won't bother. I think their more placebo anyway.

Xebsball
06-03-2004, 07:55 AM
and what about that beer then?

come on, it is calling you

"You're a fat disgusting pig
You couldnt get laid if your life depended on it

But this is a beer comercial, and you know what that means

Its Tits & Ass beer!
Becouse nothing sells beer like Tits & Ass

So lets get this straight:
A fat lazy grease ball scum bag like you can just sit on his ass while wild women fall all over em

How?
Just by drinking our beer, thats how

Hey, if this guys can get some, you can too
Tits and ass beer
Buy our beer, buy lots of it"

norther practitioner
06-03-2004, 07:57 AM
You could always go to a TCM guy, tell him you have deficient lung qi, then ask for some good old mahwang.

red5angel
06-03-2004, 08:10 AM
then ask for some good old mahwang.

I don't swing that way, it's all pun-tang for me!

red5angel
06-04-2004, 06:54 AM
thanks foofighter!

What's your workout routine and eating like at the moment? It's important to note that whil eyour taking them.

FooFighter
06-04-2004, 07:00 AM
In the morning, I do KB cardio drills or jump rope or job for 30-45 mins. Then I do my strech routine

In the afternoon, I do deadlifts, single arm push ups, pistols, weight chins, and saxon press

At night, I do the same thing in the afternoon.

I exercise every day except sunday or when I have to back off.

I am on the warrior diet. The next 8 weeks, I planning to get my body fat from 12 to 7 or lower.

Ming Yue
06-06-2004, 05:03 PM
this works well for me:

More fiber, less starch. Minimal sugar. Eat small --200 cal-- meals every couple of hours throughout the day. With your workout schedule, I think constant low fueling will rev up your metabolism. Eat high quality protein - chicken, tofu, fish (not processed meats).

try to drink at least 70 oz of water a day.

sounds like you're close to your goal. good luck!

FooFighter
06-16-2004, 07:45 PM
To give an update: In two weeks, I lost 6 pounds. From 165 to 159. I started with about 12 percent body fat and now I am quessing I am at 10%. I have been using the clem pills, "Cuts 2" from Pro Labs, and "NitroTech" Low carb/High protein Drink on a daily basis. I can actually see my abs showing more definition... Plus I have been working out everyday for 14 days straight.