PDA

View Full Version : Shaolin Temple Visit

Roger LaPointe
06-02-2004, 03:54 PM
Thanks to Gene, I recently got a chance to visit the Overseas Headquarters of the Shaolin Temple in Flushing, New York. It was an unbelievable experience. The Monks were very impressed with the stone padlocks and stone balls which I brought to show them.

They became very excited and said these were the highest quality stone locks they had seen outside of China and at last they could begin training with them again. They taught me a great deal of interesting training techniques with them.

I put some pictures up in my Gallery from my trip. More are on the way. Check em' out:

http://atomicathletic.com/gallery/default.asp

Live Strong!
-Roger

GeneChing
06-02-2004, 04:38 PM
Glad that worked out for you. Looking forward to more pics. :)

yu shan
06-02-2004, 09:14 PM
Mr. LaPointe,

I am very interested in these stone locks. Went to the web-site and did not see anything on them, my bad if I missed something. Can we talk about these, I will either call you or send me a pm.

I want to introduce this training to some of my students. This is valuable strenght training in the Praying Mantis world. Thank you for the thread.

Regards

Roger LaPointe
06-02-2004, 09:46 PM
Hello Yu Shan,
Thank you for your interest in our Stone Locks. Here is the direct link to our current three sizes of stone locks:

http://www.atomicathletic.com/shop/tek9.asp?pg=products&grp=62

Please give me a call. Ill be in my office all day tomorrow:
248-766-2223

In case something should come up, I am always reachable by email:

roger@atomicathletic.com

If anyone has other questions on stone locks or any of our other training equipment, you know where to reach me.

Live Strong!
-Roger

Serpent
06-02-2004, 09:46 PM
Nice going, Roger. There's some great pics on your site, but none of them are titled in any way. It would be great to know who's doing what, etc., without having to open them first.

Roger LaPointe
06-02-2004, 09:53 PM
I would like to be able to do that but it is not a feature built into out current software setup. You're stuck having to click on them to find out who is doing what and what is being lifted. :cool:

Live Strong!
-Roger

yu shan
06-02-2004, 10:12 PM
Mr. LaPointe,

Thank you, I`ll be in touch.

Serpent
06-03-2004, 12:18 AM
Originally posted by Roger LaPointe
I would like to be able to do that but it is not a feature built into out current software setup. You're stuck having to click on them to find out who is doing what and what is being lifted. :cool:

Live Strong!
-Roger
Ah well, fair enough. ;)