PDA

View Full Version : Broken leg from kicking

passing_through
05-22-2001, 05:56 PM
This is not a pretty clip - shows what can happen when power meets an "immovable" object.

Not for the squeemish! Especially 0:04 into the clip.

broken leg from kick .mpg (http://vtmuseum.org/storage/gamay/kick-breaknosound.mpg)

... opportunityisnowhere...
... was that no where...
...............or now here...

TzuChan
05-22-2001, 06:08 PM
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!

DUDE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DUUUUUUDDDDDDEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!

I could feel the pain ... aaaaaaaaaaah... **** man, that must have hurt so ****ing much, ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch

You practice Wing Chun ? COntact me on my icq ! 71470721(my name there is "vision")

Highlander
05-22-2001, 06:19 PM
Ouch, that hurt just to watch it.

Who was that guy?

Martial Joe
05-22-2001, 09:02 PM
His leg looked like one of those flimsy rubber chickens.That must have realy hurt when he fell on it.

S.Teebas
05-22-2001, 09:10 PM
EeeeeOUACH!.....:eek:

I wonder if he knew it was broken immediately, it kinda looks like he tried to stand on it.

Once again....... Garrrrrg (Visualise dry renching sounds)

:D

Martial Joe
05-22-2001, 09:28 PM
I dont think he felt much untill he fell on it and the bone rubbed against he muscles.

Highlander
05-22-2001, 10:17 PM
That's why Wing Chun doesn't kick like that. :eek:

Martial Joe
05-22-2001, 10:36 PM
That was funny how the other guy just walked away and didnt looked any bit suprised.

atsai
05-23-2001, 01:45 AM
He just watched as he went down.

wing chun guys can just watch. But for those who actually do roundhouse kicks like that..., I bet this is gonna haunt them next time they do a kick.

<TABLE BORDER="3" CELLSPACING="1" CELLPADDING="1"><TR><TD><form><INPUT TYPE="button" VALUE=" Art T " onClick="parent.location='http://people.we.mediaone.net/arttsai/home.html'"></TD></TR></table></form><HR Width="97%">"You fight like you train." --Motto, USN Fighter Weapon School (TOPGUN)

UberShaman
05-23-2001, 01:52 AM
I believe it was Dennis alexio

Martial Joe
05-23-2001, 04:33 AM
Art T,what a silly comment.How could he not knowtis it.Its not like he knocked the guy out.If some guy kicked me and fell on the ground pounding his fists in pain I think I would realize it,just like anyone else.If he didnt see that happen then he wasnt in the fight and he was somewhere in the clouds with naked women...

dave the dragon
05-23-2001, 02:58 PM
im not sure that clip is entirely genuine , sure you could break your leg by kicking someone like that but would it really bend that much i dont know because ive never seen it happen before it was too rubbery

UberShaman
05-23-2001, 04:20 PM
Yes , its legit there were articles in several magazines the time it occured. Im Glad I finaly got a chance to see it though

Abstract
05-23-2001, 04:59 PM
I've seen it before, just not in my MA practice. I've seen it playin ball before. This older cat who's probably around 40 yrs old, who by the way, was REALLY GOOD...had a bumb knee. Now we were playin OUTSIDE at 96th st courts in NYC,(any NY heads here play ball?) he was pretty regular there, so we was like, yo-where's your knee brace, man? He says, ahh, I forgot it, but it'll be ok----suurree---10 minutes into the game, he goes up for a dunk & on the way down his knee buckles & POP!!! that junk came right out the socket..looked just like that vid clip...that was some nasty mess....make it so bad the bone broke the skin & there was alot of blood... :(
haven't seen him in like 4 years since..

Stranger
05-24-2001, 08:17 PM
That is not the famous Dennis Alexio leg break. That was against a white fighter and it was the support leg, not the attacking leg that broke in that case. It was not caused by impact. Alexio had a spiral fracture caused by loose canvas on the ring surface. He blasted a roundhouse, his base leg couldn't pivot because it got caught in the canvas. Suddenly, his foot was pointing the wrong way. He wore a Hawaiin grass skirt in that fight

"Luminous beings are we."

Watchman
05-24-2001, 09:02 PM
That Alexio fight was with Branko Cikatic.

TzuChan
05-25-2001, 01:49 PM
He wore a hawaiin grass skirt :D

Wing Chun is h o l l y

Koing
05-26-2001, 11:21 PM
ouch.....it looks fake but its real! the leg really looks likes its made of rubber!!!!!!!!...dam freaky....good thing I don't throw a roud house like that......again ouch.....

"Bye 4 now; not 4 ever"