PDA

View Full Version : Master Shr Zhengzhong Pong Lai USA Seminar

18elders
06-03-2004, 07:44 AM
Master Shr Zhengzhong will be at the Pong Lai Florida school for seminars on July 10th weekend and July 17th weekend. They will be full weekend seminars on mantis forms, drills applications etc.
If you have any interest let me know as they may be limited to the number of people attending.
The cost will be $150 per weekend

You can read Master Shr's bio on :
www.ponglai.com

yu shan
06-03-2004, 08:07 AM
I will be taking the entire week off. I`d like to spend as much time with Shrye as possible. Plus the beach is only 30 minutes away.

Oso
06-03-2004, 08:30 AM
count me in !!!

I may have to drive down for the weekends, don't think I can take the week off.

Lu Bu
06-03-2004, 09:10 AM
Count me in! I will be there, hopefully the entire time, if I can manage.

Judge Pen
06-03-2004, 10:21 AM
I believe that I'm tied up those weekends, but I'll check my schedule.

Big Red Mantis
06-03-2004, 02:27 PM
What a great opportunity to learn, and a very resonable price to learn from a master.

Oso
06-03-2004, 06:45 PM
he-he...it's like mouseketeer roll call

:p

Joe Mantis
06-03-2004, 06:59 PM
AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm in. Also talked to Jack Squat, he's in too.

18 Elders, give me a call to shore up the details. Thanks.

bung bo
06-03-2004, 08:52 PM
i'm there, duder. 18elders, tell andy he's got one coming. ha-ha!

yu shan
06-03-2004, 09:39 PM
d a m n Oso, that`s friggen funny, mouseketeer roll call! Pleeze step away from the Grey Goose! Juz kidden :)

Can someone inform us out of towners about motels? 18-Elders, is there going to be a deal with a motel property? And are folks going to be able to crash at the school? As for food, Tampa is my old stomping grounds, I can get you well fed for cheap. I will have a rental car to help out as many as possible.

This is a great opportunity to train with a Master of four complete systems of Praying Mantis, so bring your questions, I am.

Mediocrity
06-04-2004, 07:42 PM
**** thee work schedule.

Otherwise I'd force Yu Shan to drive me down there :(

Oso
06-04-2004, 08:01 PM
it wasn't gray goose...it was antihistimines, the only way to fly.

yu shan
06-04-2004, 08:59 PM
Mediocrity

Let me know, we will have folks flying and driving, you are more than welcome.

Mediocrity
06-05-2004, 10:51 AM
I work weekends, otherwise I'd be along in a heartbeat with my 150.

yu shan
06-05-2004, 02:14 PM
You can`t take one weekend off? This opportunity does not come around very often.

I`m trying my best to find out what is being taught each weekend. Trust me, it will be good.

18elders
06-05-2004, 02:38 PM
i agree with yu shan, trade shifts with someone or something, you don't get many chances to train with someone of master shr's caliber. He is a great guy, treats you like one of the guys, will stay up all night and talk kung fu and show you whatever you ask. Trust me, you will learn more in one weekend than you will in many years of training.

Oso
06-05-2004, 02:41 PM
Is anyone going to stay the entire week?

I'm trying to work out how to come down and just stay.
might not happen but that's what I'm going to try for.

Judge Pen
06-05-2004, 02:52 PM
After talking to yu shan today I checked my schedule. I had planned to be in Atlanta the weekend of July 10th and Arlington the weekend of July 17th. I may be able to get out of the first weekend commitment, but not the second. Master Shr sounds amazing and I would honor the chance to meet him.

yu shan
06-05-2004, 03:30 PM
Oso

I`m staying the whole week. Shrfu Burroughs is coming in and wants to split a room as well as others. 18-Elders has someone looking into rooms and cost. Food will be cheap... hope you like Puerto Rican/Cuban cuisine. Smart man Judge Pen.

Oso
06-05-2004, 05:12 PM
so, is staying at the school not an option?

Mediocrity
06-05-2004, 06:26 PM
I will try and talk with my super to see if I cant work my 18 (im only part time) through the week to come down for a weekend or so. No promises... it's a factory job.

Xiao Tang Lang
06-05-2004, 07:14 PM
Gentlemen,
I would like to offer accomadations at my school if anyone is interested. My school is in Plant City which is about 40 minutes drive from Shrfu Scolaro's school. My school is in a plaza and has many restaurants in the plaza area. As long as you don't mind sleeping on training mats and driving to Tampa it might save everyone some money. If anyone is interested let me know. Take care.

yu shan
06-05-2004, 09:24 PM
Xiao Tang Lang

Thank you brother, every little bit helps. What is your proximity to Valrico/Brandon? Can you give me the streets that cross nearest you? I ask because my parents live in Brandon. From Valrico Road and Hwy 60, give me directions.

Tainan Mantis
06-05-2004, 10:03 PM
xiao Tang Lang,
You bring back the memories.
When I first started training with shrfu I slept in the school's changing room on a slab of wood.
This lasted for about one and a half years.
Everynight of class people came thru my "bedroom" to use the bathroom and you know people don't have good accuracy after just finishing class.

When students visited we all slept on the tatami's and everone had to share 1 bathroom.
It had running water, but only cold.
To take a shower we had a pail of water that we dumped on our head.

In the winter it was painful to take an ice cold bucket bath. If you wanted hot you could wait till spring though.

Sometimes it was tough(the wait in line ) as we had to wash our clothes in the sink too.
It is not your modern MA villa either, there was a huge hole in the wall where the Taiwan mosquitos poured in each night to drain me of my essence.

I must have been quite dense as I recall it took me many months before I started trying to patch up the whole For some reason that didn't help though.

Ming Yue
06-07-2004, 08:22 AM
I'm going to try to be there. I can only make one of the weekends so I'll be interested to hear if yu shan finds out what will be taught.

Xiao Tang Lang, thank you. I'll crash wherever there is space for me.

:)

Judge Pen
06-07-2004, 09:05 AM
I've put a lot of thought into this opportunity, but I can't back out of my commitment on July 10th either. I had previously made plans to work out with a kung fu brother in Atlanta and meet his sifu and sigung, and I should honor that commitment. I'm sure Master Shr will be amazing and I can't wait to hear all about it.

yu shan
06-07-2004, 09:09 AM
Ming Yue

Check the seminar update thread.