PDA

View Full Version : Developping Speed

TzuChan
05-22-2001, 10:44 PM
O.K, I found out my punches speed sùcks :) I know all you guys have some exercises to train speed (NOT power) since if you develop some descent speed ,power will come with it.

So can you guys give me some tips on developping speed ? I heard something about hitting a sheet of paper ?

You practice Wing Chun ? COntact me on my icq ! 71470721(my name there is "vision")

dave the dragon
05-23-2001, 03:26 PM
these are empirical but they work for me.
buy a floor to ceiling speed ball and train on that my speed has increased a lot since i bought one.
then if when your hand at the start of a punch is at 0 and when fully extended into a punch is 100. now practice throwing a punch from 0-50 as many times as you stopping when you feel that your speeed is affected by ftigue and the go from 50-100 after a breather.
might not work for everyone but i have seen significant improvements in my own speed.
above all keep at it
good luck my friend
dave

wingchunner
05-23-2001, 04:39 PM
When we train, especially at the beginning, we don't train for speed or power, but position and sensitivity. That's what I suggest you train for if you are just beginning.

Marty

Be true and loving.
http://wingchun.ereasons.net

Martial Joe
05-23-2001, 06:02 PM
Do air punches.Make each punch about ten minuts long.It will realy work your speed,power,form,and your stance.
Remember stay relaxed and you can always make it longer.Like an hour.The longer the better.That is where real speed/power comes from.Thats why traditionaly Sil Lum Tao was an hour long.

Joe Kavey

[This message was edited by Martial Joe on 05-24-01 at 09:07 AM.]