PDA

View Full Version : Congrats to KenWingJutsu!!!!!!

anerlich
06-03-2004, 03:11 PM
From The Underground Forum:

"I'd like to say congrats to Dhira Yesufu on winning his fight at Total Combat III in Tijuana. The fight was on Sunday, May 30th. I don't have all the details as I wasn't able to make the trip down. I do know that Dhira trained his ass off for this fight. "

Thread at

http://www.mma.tv/tuf/index.cfm?ac=SetMasterFrame&FID=21&PID=17

Look for "Congratulations Dhira Yesufu!!!!" thread for full details.

Congrats and massive props!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PaulH
06-03-2004, 03:31 PM
Can't find the thread...Did you use any deadly WC techniques to subdue your nemesis? =)

anerlich
06-03-2004, 03:40 PM
Can't find the thread

I just followed my own link, the thread is definitely there - scroll down the left hand frame, don't click on any of the top links to other forums.

Ernie
06-03-2004, 03:42 PM
ha ha
not sure if dhira wanted it out there but yep he won ,
andrew and a few of the boys helped him prep ,
and he came out looking pretty as he puts it

he sent me the details of the fight and it just goes to show you you never know what your opponent is going to throw at but dhira has got great skills and adapted to what the guy tried and came out on top

much love and props man

one of the rare guys that backs up what he says
got to respect that

:D

PaulH
06-03-2004, 03:50 PM
My thanks to Andrew N! Look like WC is saved for another day! Congratulation to the winner! =)

"Men, all this stuff you've heard about America not wanting to fight - wanting to stay out of the war, is a lot of horse dung. Americans traditionally love to fight. All real Americans love the sting of battle. When you were kids, you all admired the champion marble shooter, the fastest runner, big league ball players, the toughest boxers. Americans love a winner and will not tolerate a loser. Americans play to win all the time. I wouldn't give a hoot in hell for a man who lost and laughed. That's why Americans have never lost and never will lose a war, because the very thought of losing is hateful to Americans. - Patton"

Martin Foot
06-03-2004, 03:52 PM
Fantastic News, Well done mate :D

I read you were trainin the crazy monkey, how did it work out for you?

yuanfen
06-03-2004, 04:28 PM
Congratulations to Dhira.

Joy chaudhuri

Ultimatewingchun
06-03-2004, 06:02 PM
Congratulations, Dhira....

WAY TO GO !!!

reneritchie
06-04-2004, 06:44 AM
Congrats, man!!

http://www.mma.tv/tuf/index.cfm?ac=ListMessages&PID=1&TID=435517&FID=21&p=22

Phenix
06-04-2004, 10:27 AM
Congratulations to Dhira!

Keep up the great work!

Best Regards
Hendrik

kj
06-04-2004, 10:48 AM
My congratulations too, KWJ. Enjoy the rewards, and take pride in your efforts.

Regards,
- kj

captain
06-04-2004, 11:49 AM
i don't like these fights,they seem wrong to me.what if he got badly injured or worse.your "way to go!" and "awesomes!",seem ill judged.

russell.

kj
06-04-2004, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by captain
i don't like these fights,they seem wrong to me.what if he got badly injured or worse.your "way to go!" and "awesomes!",seem ill judged.

russell.

FWLIW. My own congratulations are not aimed at encouraging Dhira or anyone to enter such events. In fact, I share your concerns, and wish only the best for his and others’ well being. OTOH, I don't expect everyone to share my values, assess risks in the same light, or make the same balances in their lives that I must in mine. Besides, no one would take my great advice, even if I stomped. ;)

The crux is that regardless of how I personally may feel about such events, it is obviously something of tremendous importance to Dhira, and something he has worked long and very hard to earn. In that light, I could not offer him more sincere congratulations or be prouder for him in achieving his hard earned goals.

Just a different perspective on things.

Regards,
- Kathy Jo

Merryprankster
06-04-2004, 01:43 PM

Jesus Christ.

Occupational hazard. Risk involved with everything.

KWJ - you have no Kung Fu and your WC sucks :D

old jong
06-04-2004, 02:03 PM
Nobody is forced to like these fights...Jesus Christ! :rolleyes:

KenWingJitsu
06-04-2004, 05:44 PM
Eeek. Thanks guys. Really. The reason my posts have been sporadic has been because I've been in training for this. It may also explain why my posts have been more 'sparring oriented' than usual :D .

Did you use any deadly WC techniques to subdue your nemesis?
lol. He wouldnt let me. Seriously. I had a whole catalog of "stuff" ready for him as Ernie can attest to, but for whatever reason, he decided to forget he was a kickboxer and wanted to clinch and grapple right away. Although I guess I 'could' say that when I had him mounted and was raining down striaght punches, as he tried to block, I lop-sau'd his wrist so I could continue punching with the other hand. Also, on his first (high) kick, I caught it with some mix of fook/bil sao which began from t he Crazy monkey structure. But other than that, it was mostly a clinch and Ground and Pound fest.

I gotta give AndrewS a HUGE thanks for sacrificing time and sleep to help me train. What a friend, what a training partner. And to Ernie for stopping by with Rob. That day actually changed my focus even though I didnt mention it. ;)

captain, I take full resposibility for my actions and would never fight in these events if I wasnt ready. Besides, the probability of any kind of serious devastating injury occuring is very very low, so I'll take your comments as concern and thank you anyways.

Matrix
06-04-2004, 06:03 PM
i don't like these fights,they seem wrong to me.what if he got badly injured or worse.your "way to go!" and "awesomes!",seem ill judged. Russell,

We are congratulating someone for an achievement, which as far as know is not illegal, and is definitely a part of the world of martial arts to which we all are involved. The fact that some may object for some moral reason, based on personal set of rules that is not broadly supported, is irrelevant.

If someone were to climb Mount Everest, even though it's been done before and probably contributes to the pollution of the area, and they could possibly die in the attempt and I personally don't really think it's something that needs to be done. I would congratulate them. I could probably make a list as long of my arm of other activities that fall into this category........ Can somebody please explain NASCAR to me? That's a rhetorical question by the way. ;)

You certainly have the right to disagree with the activity, and say so, but don't get up on your soapbox and condemn those who don't see things through the same lens as you do. If you don't like it, don't do support it. Just don't expect everyone else to be onside with your narrow view of life. It's all part of living in a free world.

Ernie
06-04-2004, 08:57 PM
And to Ernie for stopping by with Rob. That day actually changed my focus even though I didnt mention it.

your family bro no thanks needed , and i wish i could have been there more but this coaching thing is taking of i just put in another 5 hours with my largest group yet and i'm beat ,

but i am very proud of you , now it's your turn to get me ready;)

John Weiland
06-05-2004, 12:27 AM
Nicely done. Thanks for the recounting of the match posted on the other site. Too bad about his preference for grappling. I would have enjoyed hearing about your stand-up victory. But, any victory is good.

Cheers,

Losttrak
06-05-2004, 04:21 AM
FYI Sherdog has a review and pictures if you wanna check it out. www.sherdog.com

captain
06-05-2004, 09:28 AM
none of you know me and i know none of you,but if i logged on to this page one day and found that one of you had died for something that need'nt have happened,well,that would be a terrible waste of a life.however,like you said,Dhira,youre prepared and not forced to participate,so the very best of luck to you.as for "soap boxes",nothing wrong with them if the sentiment is true.

Russell.

Chronos
06-05-2004, 11:57 AM
Page 8 - Dhira Yesufu vs. Matt Hendricks Page

by Brian Piepenbrink (entropy2@cox.net)

In the seventh fight Dhira Yesufu put on a ground clenic against Black Tiger’s Matt Hendricks. Hendricks was tough but just didn’t have the ground game to stop Yesufu. The third round decision went to Yesufu after a tiring battle.

This link should get you there on Sherdog.com (http://www.sherdog.com/news/pictures.asp?n_id=1717&my_page=8&my_title=Dhira%20Yesufu%20vs.%20Matt%20Hendricks#)

Nice going, Dhira.

cerebus
06-05-2004, 02:20 PM
AAAAAAAAAAHH!!!!! Dam you! You should have given warning that the pics site had shots of Tank Abbott dancing in nothin' but his Speedos!!! :mad:

BLEAH!! Where's the water fountain?! I need to wash my eyeballs!

Other than that.... Way to go KWJ!!! Mad props to ya'!

*Goes back to site to sooth burning eyes with pics of the hot (female) go-go dancers*

AndrewS
06-05-2004, 06:19 PM
Russell-

dude, driving from LA to the event is way more dangerous than the event itself. It's not like he's skiing or racing motorcross or something like that. MMA is pretty safe- I'll risk a slam I'm prepared for over wiping out on broken ground at 50mph any day. I'm not trying to take away from Dhira, but I have a real problem with the number of people who practice a martial art and are mortally terrified of fighting.

Cerebus,

if you think the Abbot pix are bad, you should have been there. He dropped trou and mooned the crowd. That man's hairy, wrinkled sack was on display to the world, and it was very, very wrong.

Dhira,

let's start in on a rhythm next week, and keep our momentum. I'm gonna head back to Eddie's 1-2x a week, Pere and I were planning on making a regular trip to Bellflower Tuesdays if that's cool, and he and I were talking about trying to train maybe once at his shop and once in my garage per week.

Later,

Andrew

cerebus
06-05-2004, 06:27 PM
AAAAAAHH!!! Dam You AndrewS! Dam you for planting THAT visual in my mind!!!

MUST...FIND...RED-HOT...PIECE OF IRON...AND BURN OUT THE BRAIN CELLS HOLDING THAT IMAGE!!! BLEAH!!

Matrix
06-05-2004, 06:33 PM
as for "soap boxes",nothing wrong with them if the sentiment is true. There is no absolute truth in this case, just your point of view. No problem with soap boxes........it would just be better if we not use them to condemn those we don't understand. Note - I will most probably violate this statement myself at some point in the future. ;)

You are correct, IMO, that it would be tragic to have someone seriously injured or worse in one of these contests. Let's hope that it never comes to that.

Bill