PDA

View Full Version : Olympic Judo

Merryprankster
06-07-2004, 12:22 PM
In case anybody is interested, Rhadi Ferguson, Lloyd Irvin's Judo instructor and a student of Lloyd's in BJJ, is the 2004 100kg Men's representative in Judo in the Olympics this summer.

Rhadi won the olympic trials and will be going to Athens!

SevenStar
06-07-2004, 12:25 PM
awesome! Congrats are in order to RF!!

Merryprankster
06-07-2004, 12:29 PM
He once threw me so high so hard I was literally vertical. My feet hit the ceiling.

Suntzu
06-07-2004, 12:59 PM
:cool:

san shou..... olympics...... make it happen...... i still might be able to walk if the hurry up......

FatherDog
06-07-2004, 01:11 PM
Nice! Congrats to Rhadi, and to those of you who've been verticalized in his pursuit of excellence. :D

MasterKiller
06-07-2004, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by Merryprankster
In case anybody is interested, Rhadi Ferguson, Lloyd Irvin's Judo instructor and a student of Lloyd's in BJJ, is the 2004 100kg Men's representative in Judo in the Olympics this summer. They teach each other? That's pretty cool.

ShaolinTiger00
06-07-2004, 06:58 PM
http://www.rhadi.com/

http://www.trainingtowin.com/

It's a great time for Team Lloyd Irvin! Everyone here knows how hard Rhadi has worked for this. His training is amazing. He really is "the judo machine".

MK, Rhadi is also a brown belt in bjj. He and Lloyd are very close.

http://clicks.aweber.com/z/ct/?W41bNe1vxTfGh4REWT3JxA

rogue
06-07-2004, 08:11 PM
Presently I am a substitute teacher in Colorado Springs, CO. I usually substitute teach about 3 to 4 days a week when competition is not close and about 1 to 2 times a week when the competition is near. The job of substitute teaching allows me the flexibility that I need in order to travel and train. Sponsorships are very important because most of our competitions and training camps are self-funded. Meaning, the money comes out of my pocket. I spend approximately $30,000 a year to compete and train. The statement, "America does not send athletes to the Olympic Games, Americans do" is not just a cliché - it is the truth. Without the support of individuals like you, I would not be able to travel, train, compete, and pursue my dream of being an Olympian and winning a Gold Medal.
The poor student that shoots a spit ball at Mr. Ferguson. Wow, $30,000 is some very serious cash for a job that pays better than subbing. Time to cut a check.

Water Dragon
06-07-2004, 08:47 PM
Congratulations to Rhadi!

Ralphie
06-08-2004, 09:15 PM
Congrats to him, and due to the fact we have the Olympic Training Center, Colorado has some great Judo players. Excerpt from The Rocky Mountain News:
U.S. JUDO TRIALS at San Jose, Calif. - Seven Colorado competitors are the No. 1 seeds in their classes for the Olympic trials today.

The top-seeds include Brian Olson, of Boulder, and six from Colorado Springs - Charlee Minkin, Ellen Wilson, Christina Yannetsos, Rick Hawn, Rhadi Ferguson and Kirk Hoffmann.

Other Colorado entries include Christal Ransom, Grace Jividen, Anastasia Krivosta, Heidi Moore, Kenny Hashimoto, Taylor Takata, Ryan Reser, Orlando Fuentes, Reno Reser, Theo Caracostas and Michael Prieditis.

If I'm not mistaken, Brian Olson is 18 years old, and will compete in the 90 Kilo wt class.

Chang Style Novice
06-08-2004, 09:42 PM
Next stop: Wheaties box!