PDA

View Full Version : What's your name Dummy?

Highlander
05-29-2001, 08:49 PM
Just for the fun of it, I was wondering if you've named your Wooden Dummy. If so, what and why? And if you haven't gotten one yet, what are you going to name it and why?

I'll start off. Mine is named Ben. I named him after my oldest son.

P.S. no fair naming it Highlander!

Watchman
05-29-2001, 10:20 PM
We have two wooden dummies for use at my Sifu's school - one is my personal, and the other is his.

At a seminar we hosted for Ip Ching last year he was teaching a wooden dummy class, and just before we broke for lunch we got him to sign a bunch of stuff for us (you know, shirts, mags, etc).

Anyway, while he was waiting around to move out for lunch he used the permanent marker we handed him to doodle the character for "fist" on the side of my dummy.

My students now call my dummy "The Ip Ching Fist". Kind of cheesy, but cool all the same.

http://www.wckfc.com/masters/man/Sec2-1.GIF

Sunt hic etiam sua praemia laveli
"Here too virtue has its due reward."

Martial Joe
05-29-2001, 11:10 PM
If its your dummy how come its named after him?

Highlander
05-29-2001, 11:24 PM
Martial Joe ...... I assume your asking me. Well the answer is talking to my wooded dummy and talking to my teenage son was strikingly similar and got about the same results. :D

Watchman
05-29-2001, 11:36 PM
Well, for some reason my students think Ip Ching is a lot better than I am, and he WAS the one that doodled the character on my dummy.

Plus, "The Greg Fist" just doesn't seem to have the same ring to it. :rolleyes:

Martial Joe
05-30-2001, 12:12 AM
It was to watchman .But I guess I got more then I asked for,thats cool...

Sihing73
05-30-2001, 02:41 AM
Hello,

I named my dummy after my wife :p but had to change it after she found out and beat me like a dummy ;)
Now we call it DAVID after me :o

Peace,

Dave

S.Teebas
05-30-2001, 06:59 AM
lol.... good one sihing73!