PDA

View Full Version : the most powerful fourm of shaolin?

joehaz100
06-07-2004, 08:01 PM
What are the most powerful fourms of shaolin? What are some of the last fourms a shaolin master can learn?

Shaolin Dude
06-07-2004, 10:28 PM
I'm guessing the most powerful shaolin form is cannon fist

joehaz100
06-07-2004, 11:05 PM
what is cannon fist ?

MasterKiller
06-08-2004, 06:17 AM
Pao Chuan is cannon fist.

Personally, I like Tong Bei Chuan.

mortal
06-08-2004, 07:08 AM
Not to sound like a snob. Neither one of those forms would be considered high level shaolin. Those are intermediate level.
The Lohan forms are a higher level. Then weapons, then animal.

sean_stonehart
06-08-2004, 08:18 AM
It doesn't have to be high level to be powerful if it's done right.

Shaolinlueb
06-08-2004, 05:55 PM
Originally posted by sean_stonehart
It doesn't have to be high level to be powerful if it's done right.

exactly. tongbie, i like tong bie but its nothing really like the style. cannon fist is powerful. I like those. lohan is good too.

Brad
06-08-2004, 07:39 PM
Aren't Pao Quan, Tongbei Quan, Louhan Quan, the animal styles, etc. complex systems on their own with beginer, intermediate, and advanced levels of training? Most of the animal forms I've seen in Shaolin are either seperate systems(with all levels of training) or modern wushu forms.

Brad
06-08-2004, 07:46 PM
BTW, imo, how powerful a form is depends on the strength of the performer's jibengong(basic skills). Without good jibengong, you're just dancing.

cerebus
06-11-2004, 09:28 PM
And, while those may all be very powerful Shaolin "fourms", THIS RIGHT HERE is the most powerful Shaolin FORUM! MUAHAHAHAHA! :D :D :D

Royal Dragon
06-12-2004, 07:33 AM
Pao Chui is pretty explosive all right. I think in order to answer, we'd have to know what you mean by "Powerful".

Are you talking combat oriented?

Physical expression?

Body/Mind devlopment?

Also, I think reguardless of which catagory you're refering to, the most powerful form will be determined by the individual, not the form. For example, I might be really really good at Pao Chui, but suck at Louhan. On the other hand, Brad might have the most baddest Louhan any of us have ever seen, so for me, Pao Cui would be it, but for Brad, Louhan would be the most powerfull.

And Like Brad said, it's all in how strong your basics are anyway. In realiity, the basics are the higher form, so ultimately the BASICS are the most powerful form of all Shaolin.

[EDIT]
Just a side note, my Tai Tzu Chang Chuan is the most powerful, as it beats all your Tongbei, Pao Chui, and Louhan combined!!!! Muahahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaa!!!

:p

Scythefall
06-12-2004, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by Royal Dragon
[B]
And Like Brad said, it's all in how strong your basics are anyway. In realiity, the basics are the higher form, so ultimately the BASICS are the most powerful form of all Shaolin

Have to agree with that. The latest Shaolin special even talks about a legendary monk who was undefeated but the only form he ever practiced was Shaohong Chuan, which is totally basic. His work on speed, precision, and power must have been divine.

In SCA armored combat there are fighters that practice a single precise blow with a sword. If your defense holds and you can wait for the opening, it's devastating. I've played around with a pro boxing coach a couple of times and if we're sparring around, he can tell me "alright, I'm gonna hit you in the left pect, get ready" and I'll be ****ed if he doesn't slip right in. There is a lot to be said for basics and defense. The most powerful attacks can just leave you breathless if your opponent has good defense.

Mediocrity
06-12-2004, 04:50 PM
The basics are what makes the foundation of your kung fu. All you need is the simplest forms to be a totally badass fighter.

but to answer your question in context...

the most powerful form (or the "last form you can learn") would be one that's not known to many people, and taught to even less.

Royal Dragon
06-12-2004, 07:19 PM
I dissagree. It's the one you develop yourself, based on YOUR attributes, and understanding of your total being. Only a form so perfectly matched to you can be the most powerful.

To each style it's Master, and to each master, his own technique.

Banjos_dad
06-13-2004, 03:49 AM
72 Moves Chin Na will make you cry, I gah-ron-teee.

Royal Dragon
06-13-2004, 07:51 AM
Yeah, but my 108 Moves Chin Na beats your 72 by 36!!! :p

Banjos_dad
06-13-2004, 01:17 PM
Dang it. The numbers don't lie!

Royal Dragon
06-13-2004, 02:23 PM
LOL!~!!

Banjos_dad
06-13-2004, 03:45 PM
:cool:

RD,
I wanted to check out your website/forums but I can't get the link to work, tried typing different permutations on my browser but I am coming back with Error 404 pages.
I see your posts a lot & thought I'd like to see what's happening on your forum.
My back's killing me & I'm about done with KFO for today but I'll check back or you could even PM me if that's better.
Yr friend in kung fu,
B_d.

Royal Dragon
06-13-2004, 05:10 PM
yeah, my site is temperarily down. I should have it back up next week

Banjos_dad
06-15-2004, 04:53 AM
I'll have a look then...take her easy. B_d
Keep up with the Chin Na.

btw I belong to/from: Lin's Martial Arts Academy (http://www.chineseculturecenter-abq.com)