PDA

View Full Version : can soemone help me work something out

stubbs
06-08-2004, 12:28 PM
if im about 12% bf at about 190lbs, how much fat (in weight) would i have to loose to get down to 8-10%bf (assuming i don't loose any muscle)? are bodyfat % a measure of mass or weight?

im think i might do some interval running soon. my diet's pretty good just think i need to up the cardio and i want to have a weight target.

cheers,
stubbs
________
Gay Latino (http://www.****tube.com/categories/629/latino/videos/1)

IronFist
06-08-2004, 12:34 PM
if im about 12% bf at about 190lbs, how much fat (in weight) would i have to loose to get down to 8-10%bf (assuming i don't loose any muscle)? are bodyfat % a measure of mass or weight?

If you're 190 @ 12%, then that means you have about 23lbs of fat. You would have to lose about 7lbs of fat to get down to 9% bf (you'd then weigh like 183).

Bodyfat percentage is measures the percent of your total body weight that is fat. So for you it means 12% of your weight is fat, or 23lbs out of your 190.

rubthebuddha
06-08-2004, 04:22 PM
if = correct, but rarely will the weight of everything else in your body stay the same. you may gain a pound or two in muscle, so while your weight may stay constant, your body fat percentage may go down.

IronFist
06-08-2004, 05:22 PM
Originally posted by rubthebuddha
if = correct, but rarely will the weight of everything else in your body stay the same.

^ RTB = correct, too.

you may gain a pound or two in muscle, so while your weight may stay constant, your body fat percentage may go down.

Yeah, but it's my understanding that gaining muscle and losing fat at the same time can't really happen (without the right drugs).

Serpent
06-08-2004, 08:05 PM
That's not entirely true. You can gain lean muscle mass while losing fat, but not at optimum levels. i.e. if weight loss is your primary goal, then concentrating on that will prevent much gain in lean muscle mass and vice versa.

Also remember that lean muscle weighs more than fat, so you may gain some lean mass, lose some fat and be heavier than you were before!

rubthebuddha
06-08-2004, 09:01 PM
if -- it can happen, it's just harder to do with people that are already in good shape, as the requirements to gain are often contradictory with the requirements for loss.

however, if i'm 50 lbs. overweight and pretty inactive, and i start working out sensibly and eating more lean protein, the muscle will probably grow and the fat will burn, mainly for reasons of change in habits.

but, particularly for hardgainers like yourself and (less so for) ford, it seems you need to go through a bulking cycle first to add weight, then a cutting cycle to cut the fat from that added weight. you guys are already in shape, particularly in cardiovascular health (:D), so adding just muscle would be naturally more difficult for you.

stubbs
06-09-2004, 11:44 AM
weighed myself today and im 193lbs. i've gained a reasonable amount of mass recently but its time to shed my winter coat!

if i keep my protein intake up and just focus on cardio for a few weeks would this get the best results? ...or should i keep the weights up? i've never really cut before so i'm not sure.

oh and thanks for working that out for me ironfist! i should be able to loose that in 5 or 6 weeks i reckon.
________
Buy Vaporizers (http://vaporizers.net/)

rubthebuddha
06-09-2004, 12:01 PM
don't cut out the weights.