PDA

View Full Version : Pic of wing chun used in a MMA match

IRONMONK
06-08-2004, 03:27 PM
just thought id share this pic with u guys

the guy(whose face can be seen) is Thomas Lamont who trained with Leung Ting and Nick Smart

He seems to be using a fook sao/pak sao with a punch on the inside and combined with a leg technique(i think it was a knee)

Nick Forrer
06-09-2004, 05:38 AM
Really?

It looked to me like he was just going

'F_ucking hell - im about to get hit'

But I guess one persons gestalt rabbit is another persons gestalt duck;)

Matrix
06-09-2004, 07:25 AM
Here's the text that goes with the picture.

Bill

Lamont came out Big and ripped, it had been eighteen months since his last appearance in the WVC so would ring rust be inevitable. Daniel Bergman came to the show in top condition looking much bigger than his 107kg and while he waited fro Lamont to enter the cage the tension was obvious to all. Lamont Threw off his shirt and at 112kg and 6 feet 3 inches this fight would not last the distance. The fighters touched gloves and returned to their corners. Lamont took the centre of the cage in one stride and delivered a left jab, right cross and one of the most powerful low leg kicks I have ever seen in MMA. The sound was sickening and I felt sure that Bergman’s leg had been broken. Bergman dropped to the floor in obvious distress and referee Fred Rado stepped forward to stop the fight. Lamont came forward and landed some blows on Bergman and recovering from the kick Bergman grabbed at Lamonts leg and held on for a single leg take down. Lamont sprawled and both fighters scrambled with Lamont landing knees and punches to Bergman’s head. A body clinch ensued and Bergman took Lamont down, still landing punches Lamont threw Bergman from the mount. Bergman took the opportunity to go for an armbar, which he executed perfectly. Lamont pulled out of the first attempt Bergman adjusted and cinched the submission in tight. Here some confusion came into play as Lamonts hand was on the fence Bergman’s corner man shouted " he tapped" This caused Daniel to release the submission. Lamonts corner insisted that he did not tap and the referee had not seen a tap. Daniel and Tom had come to an agreement that Tom was in a position that he could not escape from and Lamont lifted Bergman’s hand in Victory. Bergman had shown what it takes to be an MMA champion as he had suffered badly in the opening moments and was still able to turn the fight around and leave with a very prestigious victory! Lamonts ring rust played a big part in this match but this was a fight to decide his future. Was he hungry enough to continue in MMA or would he call it a day? Well the big dog is hungry! So let the big dog eat!