PDA

View Full Version : Ong-Bak

kyklos
06-08-2004, 07:38 PM
All i gotta say is wow. This movie is somethin. If you haven't seen it yet go to your local chinatown and buy the VCD. Its some really good Muay Thai, very raw, no wires or stunt doubles. Amazing fight sequences with a good mix of many other martial arts styles(and some just flailing their arms about). Some good action I haven't seen in a while.
Check it: Ong-Bak

SevenStar
06-08-2004, 09:55 PM
I've heard a lot of good stuff about this movie - I gotta go see it.

brothernumber9
06-09-2004, 05:18 AM
Ong-Bak? I thought that was just a song by Hansen?

Nick Forrer
06-09-2004, 05:56 AM
No It is the best MA film around at the moment

beg steal or borrow a copy asap

You'd never have believed there are so many ways to elbow someone:D

Shaolinlueb
06-09-2004, 06:05 AM
Originally posted by brothernumber9
Ong-Bak? I thought that was just a song by Hansen?

thats ooom bop.

ong bak. ugh i dont think it was that good. lots of knee's were used in it. infact thats all i remember seeing in teh fight scenes were knee's. and i know there is more to mauy thai than jsut knee's. it wasnt that great.

Pork Chop
06-09-2004, 06:11 AM
Originally posted by Shaolinlueb

and i know there is more to mauy thai than jsut knee's.

SSSShhhhhhhhhhh don't tell that to Khun Kao :p :D j/k

Ain't seen it yet, but I gotta....

dodger87
06-09-2004, 07:08 AM
Yeah just ordered it like 3 days ago of Yesasia, can't wait to see what everyone's talking about.

Chang Style Novice
06-09-2004, 07:17 AM
Seen it. It's good. Right now I'm really excited that "The Saddest Music in the World" is finally playing in town.

MasterKiller
06-09-2004, 08:26 AM
Ong Bak set for November release:

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=598&ncid=762&e=6&u=/nm/20040609/film_nm/film_warrior_dc

norther practitioner
06-09-2004, 12:30 PM
Or you could have just used the existing threads in the martial media forum...lol....

I've heard good things, I have to check it out.

David Jamieson
06-09-2004, 01:54 PM
ong bak = good flick about muay thai guy.

CSN, you are a Guy Maddin fan?

We know each other, we grew up in the same town and moved in the same art phart circles for a few years before I moved east.

Now he's huge in the art house flick industry...

Tales from the Gimli Hospital was one of his better flicks.

He does good flicks.

Chang Style Novice
06-09-2004, 02:14 PM
I've actually never seen any of his shows. I'm excited about this new one because the premise sounds brilliant and some very smart film-nut buddies of mine love it. Tonight, I hit the video store (on 2-for-1 day) to rent some of his older stuff.

David Jamieson
06-09-2004, 02:22 PM
ok, you mind if I make a suggestion?

Archangel. It is a weird comedy thing he did, but it is probably his best film barring saddest music of course.

He has a long list of Short films, you can probably get a compilation of a few of them by now...

and Tales from the Gimli Hospital is also a really good film from a lot of standpoints.

There was one he did that I didn't much care for, but hey, subjectivity is the name of the game in art, film, music et al.

Just to let you know though...It's called twilight of teh ice nymphs and photographically speaking, it's great! But story wise, it meanders a bit too much for my tastes.

anyway! enjoy, saddest music is pretty neat, you'll probably like it, but what do I know about your tastes? :p

cheers

Chang Style Novice
06-09-2004, 02:27 PM
My selection is going to depend heavily (and by neccesity) on what the video store keeps in stock and what's already checked out. Since he does have a new flick that just opened here, I suspect there will be a higher-than-average demand for his older stuff.