PDA

View Full Version : ip ching wing chun in las vegas?

RedLotus
06-08-2004, 11:33 PM
heya all,

i've been looking at all the wing chun schools in vegas but am having a hard time locating the ip ching one. does anyone have any information on this? i've looked into lo man kam, but heard from a friend that studied there a while back, that it was mixed with other arts. steven leung i can't even get a hold of ( no phone # and he won't reply to e-mails). blaine collins i've seen a demonstration of which wasn't too impressive compared to other videos i've seen on the net. now all thats left is ip ching and i'm guessing i have a pretty good shot of finding real wing chun there. now i know its true that martial skill doesn't come from good genes alone, but if i was the grandmaster of a kung fu system that wasn't widespread, and i was trying to make sure it stayed in tact, i'd teach my sons before i'd teach anyone else. besides that i've read nothing but positive things in articles and on other boards concerning that lineage. after all my 'research' i'm almost sure that that's the one i want so if anyone out there knows where they are or at least how to get in touch with them PLEASE let me know!!!

RedLotus

Matrix
06-09-2004, 07:34 AM
Hey Red,

Have a look at http://www.wingchun.org/txt/schools/usa/nv.html
and see if you can find what you're looking for.

Best of Luck,
Bill

AmanuJRY
06-09-2004, 11:20 AM
you might want to check out the Wing Chun Kung Fu Councel (WCKFC) and Master Ron Heimburger, he is a student on one of the Ip sons. I believe he is located somewhere in southern Utah, it might be kinda far to travel, but???

http://www.wckfc.com/

azwingchun
06-09-2004, 08:07 PM
Hey there, you said that the school there was new, weren't there other instructors there under Master Ron Heimberger? Just curious, thanks. ;)

AmanuJRY
06-10-2004, 08:09 AM
Hey, you wouldn't be the guy who was posting as EvilScott on the Fight Authority forum, would you?

Just curious.

pvwingchun
06-10-2004, 09:42 AM
I have a friend who literally lives just around the corner from you on Westwind and I visit him a few times a year when I am in town we do the NASCAR thing. I would like to stop in and visit with you and check out the new digs when I am in town also if you don't mind. I am always looking for someone to train with when I up there as I get there frequently since my folks still live there.

azwingchun
06-10-2004, 06:46 PM
If you don't mind me asking, are they still with you?

RedLotus
06-10-2004, 11:19 PM
thanks for the reply. hehe i actually got one of the instructors to answer, didn't expect that. i'll be sure to give you a call tomorrow so that i can come down and do class! thanks again to everyone who posted info and to scott

RedLotus

RedLotus
06-12-2004, 11:58 PM
guess my perspective is sort of skewed now since i'm a student since today, but i loved the class :D highly recommend to anyone looking for wing chun to check out the ip ching schools.

RedLotus

AmanuJRY
06-13-2004, 12:29 PM
guess my perspective is sort of skewed now since i'm a student since today, but i loved the class highly recommend to anyone looking for wing chun to check out the ip ching schools.

How is your perspective skewed now, shouldn't it be clearer??

Glad you found a good class.:D

Sonic
07-27-2004, 05:48 PM
Originally posted by RedLotus
heya all,

i've been looking at all the wing chun schools in vegas but am having a hard time locating the ip ching one. does anyone have any information on this? i've looked into lo man kam, but heard from a friend that studied there a while back, that it was mixed with other arts. steven leung i can't even get a hold of ( no phone # and he won't reply to e-mails). blaine collins i've seen a demonstration of which wasn't too impressive compared to other videos i've seen on the net. now all thats left is ip ching and i'm guessing i have a pretty good shot of finding real wing chun there. now i know its true that martial skill doesn't come from good genes alone, but if i was the grandmaster of a kung fu system that wasn't widespread, and i was trying to make sure it stayed in tact, i'd teach my sons before i'd teach anyone else. besides that i've read nothing but positive things in articles and on other boards concerning that lineage. after all my 'research' i'm almost sure that that's the one i want so if anyone out there knows where they are or at least how to get in touch with them PLEASE let me know!!!

RedLotus
FYI: Lo Man Kam's system in Las Vegas is not mixed w/ any other arts / systems. Also, Lo Man Kam is Yip Man's nephew. Oh yah, did I mention he (Lo Man Kam) was also Yip Man's 3rd student (meaning he tought Master Lo before he tought his 2 sons).