PDA

View Full Version : Similar to southern praying mantis...

azeotropic
06-09-2004, 04:52 AM
I have been training for a couple of years at a very good s.p.m. school but they have recently raised their price quite substantially and until i graduate at the end of the year, i cant afford to train there anymore..

so im looking for a smaller and cheaper school, i have found a couple around, mainly looking at Chow Gar, Choy Lay Fut and a Pak Mei.

Was wondering if anyone would recamend a style similar to S.P.M, or one which would compliment S.P.M. well as i may contuinue training at both schools when i get a full time job...

Cheers

cerebus
06-09-2004, 05:10 AM
Southern Dragon (Lung Ying) or Fukien White Crane. If nothing else, maybe Wing Chun.

David
06-09-2004, 08:49 AM
Let him know that the new prices mean you can't come any more.

Shame to lose it after 2yrs.

Rgds,
David

R
06-09-2004, 05:01 PM
You have already found a chow gar (SPM) school and a Bak Mei (possibly hakka) school already. Both these would bear simlarities to what you have already studied. Likely Bak mei would be closer than dragon as the movment is dragon is different in nature.

So check those schools out and see which looks similar.

Hope I havne't mis-understood wht you were asking .

Where are you to be so lucky to have so many great styles to choose from??

Cheers, R

azeotropic
06-09-2004, 09:13 PM
Originally posted by David
Let him know that the new prices mean you can't come any more.

Shame to lose it after 2yrs.

Rgds,
David
Yeh it would be a shame. Im a bit annoyed really.

R, i live in Perth, Western Australia, and there are quite a few kung fu schools here. Quite lucky i guess but i tsounds like there are alot more in the US

WanderingMonk
06-10-2004, 05:32 PM
Originally posted by azeotropic

Yeh it would be a shame. Im a bit annoyed really.

R, i live in Perth, Western Australia, and there are quite a few kung fu schools here. Quite lucky i guess but i tsounds like there are alot more in the US

Must be a Chem Engineering or p chem guy to use azeotropic as a handle.

anyways, I would say bak mei would be similar to spm like already stated but you can alway pick clf b/c it has a lot of long range attack, so it compliment your short range arsenals.

Fu-Pau
06-10-2004, 07:15 PM
azeotropic

Which school are you currently at? And what are the Chow Gar, Choy lay Fut and Bak Mei schools that you are looking at?