PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Sparring Partners

EULOGY
06-09-2004, 06:08 AM
I am an American Silat and Freestyle Fighting practitioner who is looking for sparring partners from various arts. I am looking for people who live in New Jersey. If you would like to get together and train, please let me know.

Ray Pina
06-09-2004, 06:52 AM
I'll be in Kearney, NJ for Father's day weekend, arriving around 8:00 p.m. on Sat, the 19th if you want to get together.

EULOGY
06-09-2004, 10:34 AM
E-mail me and maybe we can arrange something on that Saturday.

Ray Pina
06-09-2004, 10:45 AM
Awesome. Some things have just changed and I may be in even early, Fri after training or early on Sat.

Josh Vogel
06-09-2004, 01:29 PM
Hi,

What part of Jersey do you live in? I live in Philly, but get up to Trenton/Princeton area sometimes.
Thanks,
Josh

EULOGY
06-10-2004, 05:53 AM
I live about 30 minutes north of Princeton. Getting there would not be difficult for me.

Josh Vogel
06-10-2004, 06:08 AM
Hi,

Great! I have another friend that's always looking for people to work out with that lives close to Princeton, so I'll see if he wants to meet up some time to practice. Also, my brother is a Shotokan guy and has alot of friends and class mates around that area(he trained around there), so I'll see if he and his pals want to meet up also.I usually can get to that area every other sunday or so. I'll post again when I'm heading up again (probobly in the next two weeks or so). In the mean time, I don't know much about the methods that you practice. Is there any basic information that you would be willing to share? Thanks,
Josh

EULOGY
06-10-2004, 06:43 AM
I do freestyle fighting/American Silat. It is a combination art that utilizes the following techniques:

Boxing Hands and Blocks
Kung Fu Palms
Ba Gua and Muay Thai Elbows
Muay Thai Kicks and Knees
Side Kick
Wrestling Throws and Takedowns
Joint Locks and Submission

wdl
06-23-2004, 01:22 PM
I'm going to be in the Princeton, NJ area this fall, probably in September sometime. I travel to that area several times a year and would like to hook up and workout while I'm up there.

-Will

Josh Vogel
06-23-2004, 08:31 PM
Hi,

Sounds good to me. What kind of stuff are you into?

Eulogy, sorry I didn't contact you to work out when I said that I might. I'm interested in meeting up to practice and the stuff you do sounds interesting. When I head up there, I'll let you know.
Josh

Thundermudd
06-25-2004, 04:46 AM
EULOGY

Just curious...

"I do freestyle fighting/American Silat. It is a combination art that utilizes the following techniques:

Boxing Hands and Blocks
Kung Fu Palms
Ba Gua and Muay Thai Elbows
Muay Thai Kicks and Knees
Side Kick
Wrestling Throws and Takedowns
Joint Locks and Submission"

Where did you learn your Bagua elbows?

Peace

Chris