PDA

View Full Version : Who is Benny Meng?

S.Teebas
05-30-2001, 08:36 AM
does anyone here know anything about this guy? i saw him in an article in a magazine...other than he's involved with the VT-Museum, what can you comment about his version of WC, kinda looks like william cheung's ? has he completed the system...is he good???

Just curious. Thanks.

S.Teebas

Sihing73
05-30-2001, 12:29 PM
Hello,

Benny Meng is one of the founders of the Ving Tsun Museum located near Dayton Ohio. He has trained with William Cheung but did most of his training under the Moy Yat Family. I believe that he did complete the system under Moy Yat. He is currently a disciple of Garret Gee in HFY Wing Chun. The museum is supposed to for the advancement and betterment of all Wing Chun regardless of lineage. It has been the site of many seminars to inluce, Moy Yat, William Cheung, Andreas Hoffman and Garrett Gee. The museum is open for training and can be visited on weekdays.
Here is a link to their site.

http://home.vtmuseum.org/index.php

Peace,

Dave

JasBourne
05-30-2001, 04:11 PM
Isn't he the guy that's been writing all those articles claiming that the traditional wingchun origins legend is all bull and he has the real scoop? I gotta disagree with him, mainly because there's way too much supposition and conjecture in his arguments. You can't say 'since there's no definitive proof of A, it must be B'... but that's a different thread :)

Netfist
05-31-2001, 07:00 AM
benny meng represents the third force in the wing chun world between william cheung and leung ting's camps. benny meng's vtm and his research has more weight than leung ting's book, the roots of wing chun. imo, benny meng is lot more honest than many self claimed grandmaster of wing chun.
keep up the good work, benny meng ,you are the man and dont let those negative comments bother you.