PDA

View Full Version : Important Seminar Change-shr Zhengzhong

18elders
06-09-2004, 10:01 AM
ok, everyone is going to kick my a**.
Due to the quick notice for the seminars, many people had plans to go to nick's tournament or they just won't be able to make those dates. We want to give the opportunity to as many people as possible to be able to train with someone of master shr's caliber and knowledge. We have had much interest from people wanting to train with him so we will move the seminars to
SEPTEMBER 4TH WEEKEND AND 11TH WEEKEND.

I hope this doesn't cause too much inconvenience for people who wanted to come next month but it will give more people time to plan for it.

Again, please let me know via pm or on the forum if you can attend.

Price for one seminar $200 or $300 for both

Thanks and sorry for the changes

mantiskilla
06-09-2004, 10:54 AM
i thought PongLai could not compete in Nick's shindig. :rolleyes: are you guys going?
________
Expert insurance (http://xpertinsurance.com/)

Judge Pen
06-09-2004, 11:01 AM
And there was great rejoicing. That gives me much more time to plan, but I'm sure I can only swing one of the seminars at this point!

18elders
06-09-2004, 11:15 AM
can't stop you from competing(public event), but we can't judge or be part of the demonstrations

mantiskilla
06-09-2004, 11:25 AM
got it. good motivation for training.;) anger is the best!
________
Percocet Rehab Advice (http://www.rehab-forum.com/percocet-rehab/)

18elders
06-09-2004, 12:39 PM
Master Shr's bio:
Master Shi Zheng Zhong ( his name is also romanized as Shih Cheng Chung and Shr Jeng Jong) was born in Tainan County, Taiwan, in Lunar year 38 (1949). As a child, Shi Zheng Zhong studied Southern kung fu styles. When he was about 16 years old he first saw praying mantis kung fu, and decided that was the style to follow. He demonstrated a remarkable natural physical ability and a unique conceptual understanding of martial arts. The pursuit of martial knowledge and the desire to pass along it's treasures has been his lifelong goal.

As a result of the exodus from China to Taiwan during the Communist and Cultural revolutions, Master Shi was been able to study with over 30 teachers who originally came from all parts of Mainland China. Many great kung fu masters emigrated to Taiwan during those troubled times, which provided unprecedented access to different styles and methods. Before the emigration, one would have spent years traveling across Mainland China to locate these great teachers.

Master Shi's main teacher was Shifu Zhang De Kui from Qi Xia County in Shandong province, who taught him Mi Men Tang Lang Quan (Secret Door Mantis Boxing). In addition to his training in Secret Door, he has mastered and instructs the complete mantis systems of 7 Star, Plum Flower, and Tai Chi, as well as teachings of 8 Step. He is clearly documented in the annals of Praying Mantis history, having studied under many well respected masters:

Shifu Sun Rong Zhai from Mou Ping County taught him Qi Xing Tang Lang Quan (Seven Star Mantis Boxing) and Mi Zong Quan (Lost Track Boxing)

Shifu Zhu Jing Chang from Qing Dao taught him Qi Xing Tang Lang Quan.

Shifu Luan Xing Fu from Qing Dao taught him Mei Hua Tang Lang Quan (Plum Flower), San Hui Jiu Zhuai, Yang Qi Gong and Pai Da Fa conditioning methods.

Shifu Hao Geng Sheng and Shifu Wang Yan Yi from Shan Dong Province taught him Qi Xing Tang Lang Quan.

Shifu Li Hong Jie taught him Mei Hua Tang Lang Quan, Da Qiang (Big Spear), Qi Gong and Tai Ji Quan. Master Shi would drive his motorcycle 2 hours each way every weekend to study under Shifu Li Hong Jie.

Shifu Wei Xiao Tang from Shan Dong Province taught him Ba Bu Tang Lang Quan (Eight Step Mantis Boxing)

Cui Song Shan, elder brother of Shifu Li Hong Jie, from Ji Long (a port city north of Taiwan) taught him Mei Hua Tang Lang Quan.

Shifu Zhao Zhu Qi, in Hong Kong, taught him Tai Ji Tang Lang Quan (Supreme Praying Mantis Boxing).
Master Shi has studied other kung fu styles throughout his career, including:, for example when he was 10 years old he started learning the Bai He Quan (White Crane Boxing) from 80 year old Master Chen Kai . Master Shi Zheng Zhong has also studied:

When Master Shr was 10 years old, he studied Bai He Quan (White Crane Boxing) under 80 year old Master Chen Kai.

Bei Shao Lin Chang Quan (Northern Shaolin Long Boxing) under Shifu Jiang Xun Shi from Qing Dao.

Tai Ji Quan, Xing Yi Quan and Ba Gua Zhang under Shifu Zhang Shi Rong from Hebei Province.

Bei Pai Luo Han Quan, (Northern School of Luo Han Boxing) under Shifu Gong Wen Dou.

Chang Quan and San Da exercises under Shifu Wang Jue Zhen from Si Chuan.

Shifu Shi Zheng Zong is well known throughout Taiwan for his extensive knowledge on the history, theory, and application of tang lang quan. He prepared a study of tang lang quan and make some refinements and revisions, developed tang lang quan body exercise training methods and unified the applications and the use of the techniques. His favorite forms are Mei Hua Tang Lang Zhai Yao Route 2 and Mi Men Tang Lang Lan Jie.

Master Shi graduated from the Taiwan Police Academy and later served with the Taiwan police force for several years. He is quite active within the Kuoshu (Chinese Martial Arts) Association and has been sent several times overseas as delegate and head coach of the Chinese Taipei wushu team between 1990 and 1998, leading his students to win bronze, silver, and gold medals. For his role in promoting Kuoshu, the Taiwan government awarded him with a financial grant, which he has used to expand his school in Tainan.

Master Shi Zheng Zong teaches in Kaoshiung ,Taiwan. In 2000 he visited the USA, teaching in Florida, Texas, and Mississippi.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

bung bo
06-09-2004, 08:29 PM
this is good news for me. more time to save $$$.

tanglang69
06-10-2004, 06:29 AM
Yu shan & Xiao Tang Lang,

Count me in, so far. I talked to my financial officer (wife) and so far she ok'ed it. It will be great to finally meet and train with you guys. I know this will be a great time.

Sincerely,

tanglang69:D

Oso
06-10-2004, 08:45 AM
HOORAY !!!

There was a effed up situation at work that would have prevented me from attending anything the last half of september.

18elders, is this firm enough for me to put in a vacation request so I can make the entire week?

18elders
06-10-2004, 08:48 AM
I sure as heck hope so!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I will contact shrfu and double and triple check on it.

Tak
06-10-2004, 09:20 AM
Good to know that people will be able to attend both events. Thanks for the heads-up.

Oso
06-10-2004, 11:30 AM
Thanks, 18elders.

Putting it off till september means I can definitely do the whole thing but taking off that long means I have to officially request it and once locked into that time, I will have a hard time changing it.

thanks again for being the middle man for this whole shebang.

yu shan
06-10-2004, 09:31 PM
TangLang69

Do what it takes to get to Tampa. If you are interested in doing what you say on pm`s, this would be a perfect time. The highlight of course is learning and training with Master Shr. This is not going to be like any other seminar you have done before. You will also meet the rest of us guys and gals of Pong Lai. Amigo, your head will spin with the knowledge you take away from this!

Thank you 18 for all you have done, and arn`t you the after hours party coordinator? Remember, Oso and Yu`s coming to town.

Metal Mantis
06-13-2004, 02:24 AM
Yu Shan, Tainan Mantis, 18 elders........

This is my first post on here. I thought it fitting since I am in Tainan.. I just wanted to say thank you to my Teachers and Family, so.... THANK YOU!!!! I look forward to attending the seminar in Sept with my Shrfu, Yu Shan.. Master Shr is a great Martial artist and anyone who may attend I highly recomend it. I look forward to training again with my imediate family.
So, until then, Peace and hair grease, and all that sh** that keeps you slick.....
Metal Mantis

yu shan
06-13-2004, 07:19 PM
Welcome to this forum! Like you, many here are looking forward to Master Shr`s visit to the US. Enjoy your trip, show respect to your elders.

Oso
06-13-2004, 07:22 PM
Hey Bro, I envy you, man.

Have fun and see you later this summer.

Thanks for acting as courier.

Ming Yue
06-13-2004, 07:26 PM
I'm in and looking forward to it!

Metal Mantis
06-14-2004, 01:29 AM
Oso,

No problem brother, my pleasure. I am just glad that Master Shr will remain here as long as I am. I was a little sad when I read that he was leaving for the states while I was here, but now I get to train with him here and with you all. Hopefully that is, I may be too broke to go. I will have a month to re build a little though.

Yu Shan,

I shall do my best Shrfu, I wrote you a PM. Please let me know what your thoughts are.