PDA

View Full Version : The Chi is Strong With This One.

Vash
06-10-2004, 10:56 AM
http://www.yamazato-videos.com/Details.cfm?ProdID=103

I've no words . . .

except ka-CHING!

PHILBERT
06-10-2004, 11:01 AM
Nothing wrong with the price. Headgear with cages are often more expensive. Hell, if I bought a face cage by itself, I'm looking at an extra $50 for the cage only. (http://store.martialartsmart.net/spareqfaccag.html). That doesn't even count the $36 to cover an excellent head gear piece. (http://store.martialartsmart.net/102promax.html)

BTW, This one here is $50 (http://store.martialartsmart.net/10220.html) and it's similar to the one you posted.

Vash
06-10-2004, 11:04 AM
My bad, I thought the one I linked kinda looked like Vader from Star Wars.

Thanks for spoiling my day! :mad: ;)

DragonzRage
06-10-2004, 11:46 AM
Chi is what gives a kung fu warrior his power. It is a mystical energy field that surrounds us, penetrates us, and holds the universe together.

Don't take too much pride in this MMA crosstraining terror that you've created. The ability to submit an opponent in the ring is insignificant next to the power of chi.

And to all the MMA/kickboxing/boxing people out there:
I find your lack of faith...DISTURBING!!

MasterKiller
06-10-2004, 11:47 AM
Obi-Wan would never call something natural "mystical."

DragonzRage
06-10-2004, 11:53 AM
the force is supposed to be natural, ain't it? its the energy field generated by all living things.

MasterKiller
06-10-2004, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by DragonzRage
the force is supposed to be natural, ain't it? its the energy field generated by all living things. Which is why he wouldn't call it a "mystical" energy field. The quote is:

The Force is what gives a Jedi his power. It's an energy
field created by all living things. It surrounds us and penetrates us. It binds the galaxy together.

DragonzRage
06-10-2004, 12:07 PM
Oh...for some reason I thought he said mystical. Forgive me for misquoting Sifu Kenobi. I stand corrected :D

MasterKiller
06-10-2004, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by DragonzRage
Oh...for some reason I thought he said mystical. Forgive me for misquoting Sifu Kenobi. I stand corrected :D More horse stance for you!

DragonzRage
06-10-2004, 12:41 PM
YES SIFU!! THANK YOU FOR INSTRUCTING ME SIR...DON'T GIVE UP ON THIS LOWLY DISCIPLE!!!

*goes to the corner, lights an incense, assumes horse stance.:D

Shaolinlueb
06-10-2004, 12:57 PM
it kinda looks like the ninja mask ashida kim wore in the video.

SifuAbel
06-10-2004, 02:00 PM
Why does eveyone expect everything to be given away cheaply?

gear, teaching, etc.

Vash
06-10-2004, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by SifuAbel

gear, teaching, etc.

Be honest with ya, I didn't even look at the price. I was looking for a movie on Hohan Soken, this thing popped up in the Clearance Box, so I said, HEY! That looks like Darth Vader! It'll sell TONS!

It's ugly, so we make fun of it.

Besides, who wears headgear?

rubthebuddha
06-10-2004, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by SifuAbel

gear, teaching, etc. when i first read this, i thought it said "... gear, touching, etc." and i thought, "****, i think abel's offering his services right out in the open."

:eek:

jungle-mania
06-10-2004, 10:35 PM
I woudn't get that headgear if I were you. Back in the 80s here in Singapore, during leitai cometition before sanshou became mainstream.

Some tai chi/Hsing I guy countered a guys punch and return the energy back with a plam strike to the face guard. Broke the guard and the pieces went straight into the opponents face and stayed there. Had to go for reconstructive surgery as a result.

I kid you not on this, I laugh at the idea that it was even possible till I saw the old vid of it.

CaptinPickAxe
06-10-2004, 10:51 PM
got a link to this video?

jungle-mania
06-11-2004, 02:29 AM
sorry, it is not on the web, but I can see what I can do. No promise.