PDA

View Full Version : USCKF Tournament

SaekSan
06-10-2004, 12:17 PM
So,

Anyone headed to Hunt Valley for this year's tournament?

:)

Golden Arms
06-10-2004, 12:50 PM
Hey Saek,

I should be there this year..so will my team mate from last year..the girl you saw but didnt get to meet. If I do..lets hook up for a bit!

SaekSan
06-10-2004, 12:57 PM
Just look for the any of my students (Zhong Yi Kung Fu Association) and ask for me (Nelson).

It'll be great to meet you!

SifuAbel
06-10-2004, 01:52 PM
Why are these things always in some little town on the east coast?

SaekSan
06-10-2004, 02:10 PM
I really like the location, we've been going there since '93, it's really nice to have a room at the same place the tournament is held. Plus, being away from the downtown area makes it easier to focus on the event... no partying until Sunday (well maybe Saturday night :D )

SifuAbel
06-10-2004, 02:22 PM
Its all well and good when I lived on the east coast.

Now, I'd have to pony up 500 bucks just to go to a tourney? pass.

Golden Arms
06-10-2004, 04:38 PM
Oh C'mon Abel! I am flying there from ****her away than you are! heheh..Its a good tournament, thats for sure!

SifuAbel
06-10-2004, 08:10 PM
The cost / reward ratio is way scewed.

airfare, hotel ,optional car rental, meals, entertainment, entry fees.

and for what?

SaekSan
06-11-2004, 05:59 AM
Well that depends on what you're interested in.

For my first time students, it's a chance to expand their horizons as to what other schools do and compete in an organized tournament with a large field of competitors from all over the U.S. and abroad.

For veterans, to see how they developed over the year and renew friendships made in past tournaments. It also gives them the opportunity to compete in a CMA only event that has judges trained and certified before the event.

For me it's like a family reunion, some of the friends I only get to see at this tournament, some of my Brazilian friends and students can only travel once a year and they choose this event. I also get to talk to other Shifu and coaches and we can discuss different issues that affect us.

Overall everyone that goes learns, shares and enjoys a weekend designed for CMA growth.

This may not be the experience that others have but for my students and myself it certainly is.

Now, I'm not sure of your location but where we are (Wisconsin) it's a treat to go to a well run and fun tournament.

unkokusai
06-13-2004, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by SifuAbel

and for what?

Well for you it would be to experience embarrassment, I imagine.

Royal Dragon
06-13-2004, 06:54 PM

and for what?

Reply]
To kick the ever living snot out of David KA$h and his crew?

SifuAbel
06-13-2004, 11:12 PM
Originally posted by Royal Dragon

and for what?

Reply]
To kick the ever living snot out of David KA$h and his crew?

For that I wouldn't mind so much.

Akhilleus
06-14-2004, 07:33 AM
who's David Ka$h...I go to this touney every year and I don't think I've met him...are his guys tough? I'm fighting in this tourney!