PDA

View Full Version : Mantis Sightseeing in Qingdao??

Tieh
06-11-2004, 03:48 AM
Hey Everybody,

I will most likely have the chance to visit Qingdao in Shandong Province some time in July, August this year.
Can anybody recommend a Tang Lang related sight in Qingdao the Qingdao area to add to my tourist program? :D
Any statues, famous schools or tournaments at the time?
Kind thanks for your advice!

B.Tunks
06-12-2004, 07:28 PM
Tieh,

Seems like no ones going to answer you, so...
If you are going, I reccomend Laoshan, from both a tourism and mantis historical point of view. It is the legendary home of Tanglang (whether you believe the folk history or not). There is a temple which is said to house the remains of Wang Lang and a huge stone statue just down the hill from it. The temple is Huayan Si. whether or not you believe that the remains are his or that he is who the monument says he is, it's a nice monument and well worth seeing. Just take a couple of hours walking through that mountain and you will feel the inspiration bubbling. There are many, many schools in and around the Qingdao area, the place is flooded with Mantis Boxing. You will meet lots of people if your attending the international comp and should have no problem ending up training somewhere or at least checking it out. The best thing to do is explore (a little mandarin would be helpful). You will be overdosed on TLQ before you leave...

BT

Tieh
06-16-2004, 08:59 AM
Thanks Mr Tunks!

So I am definetly going to have a look at the laoshan and be inspired.
Since I am probably only a few days in the area training wouldn't make sense. Maybe I can a least have a look at some school of the schools. I do speak some mandarin so I should be able to find out.
Thanks again!