PDA

View Full Version : K-1 vs. Olympic Boxer

dodger87
06-11-2004, 06:55 AM
http://ko.sherdog.com/pictures/k1_060604/k1_01.htm

scotty1
06-11-2004, 07:14 AM
Midway through the fight, after taking a hard low kick then a knee, a frustrated Mercer hoisted Musashi head over heels then tossed him to the canvas. This resulted in a break of several minutes, and Mercer was assessed a yellow card as Musashi recomposed.

:confused: No throws?

DragonzRage
06-11-2004, 11:41 AM
Of course not! K-1 is not Sanda or shootboxing.

CaptinPickAxe
06-11-2004, 02:09 PM
HA! sounds like Mercer should participate in San Shou or some Pride Fighting...I think K-1 is crappy anyways.

YinYangDagger
06-13-2004, 07:44 PM
Agreed. I ordered a K-1 fight and was dissappointed. Great stand up guys, but I wanted to see it ALL (throws, stand-up, grappling). I guess it's better since I order all the Prides and UFC's and that usually runs into some major cash being dished out (major to me, anyway).

CaptinPickAxe
06-13-2004, 07:48 PM
Its great when its free and on ESPN, but I would never pay for crap like that. I'd rather spend my money on PRIDE

YinYangDagger
06-13-2004, 08:05 PM
Pride is da bomb, agreed. It should be a goal for you CPA as well as Meat Shake to get to that level someday, as dedicated as you two are to the martial arts, and still kinda young (younger than my old a$$ anyway).

CaptinPickAxe
06-13-2004, 08:12 PM
You need to get into the Shuai Chiao, YYD! Or at least start training with me and Shake. We're always down to throwdown (heh). Especially, someone your size (no offense) you'd make an excellent sparring buddy. If your down PM me and I'll shoot you my #. I'm coming back to the Tone this Wednesday.

As for PRIDE, I'll pass. Its not my desire to have my face pounded. I'll just stick to the satisfaction that I can hand some people their asses without spilling my beer:D

YinYangDagger
06-13-2004, 08:32 PM
No offence taken on the size comment, believe me I use it to my advantage at every given opportunity :D

That's what I get for all the years spent powerlifting and eating enormous amounts of calories. Then add that to the years of non-lifting, sitting behind a desk in a comfy air-conditioned office, and practicing Shaolin-do (had to blame them for something LOL).

I have been rolling with a BJJ guy that's in the Air Force here, although he can tap me after a while I run out of steam, he always comments that I am very strong physically which makes it a little harder on him at times (small guy, around 150 pounds), and I actually got him in a guillotine choke a couple of weeks ago. This experience has given me much respect for those guys, and I've learned some cool submissions along the way. Whenever he taps me, I find out how. I teach him some knife stuff in return. ALso, it's help me practice not being taken down so easy, I'm usually able to stay up for a good while (he's a purple belt in BJJ).

Anyway, yeah, I'll try and get with you guys soon, as well as the rest of the group. I think it's a sin to continue to work and not being able to train. I hate it! I usually work the weekends and the 3-11 shift, which pretty much negates training with the CSC group. It won't last forever. So yeah, you and MS can use me as a throwing dummy - sent you a PM.

CaptinPickAxe
06-13-2004, 08:43 PM
Word. Lookin' forward to throwin' you around a bit;)
We can work out an exchange deal, you help us with the rolling and we'll help you on the stand up game. Although, I've been outta practice since I've come up here:(
I've been working on Boxing though and have done some rigorous bag work since I've been up here. Not to mention all the free gym time I got from working at Bally Total Fitness (bastadges!!!)
I'm not sure if you know this, but at Shake's house we've accumlated a full gym. Complete with iron palm equipment, a multitude of bags, and all sorts of Shuai Chiao toys.:D
So even if you can't make to train under Sifu Kirk for awhile we can help you make the transistion from not training to being spiked by Kirk.

YinYangDagger
06-13-2004, 08:53 PM
Sounds like a deal. This guy has put me in some outstanding arm bars, and I've picked some up along the way. I really like chokes, so he worked on those with me here and there.

Good to hear about the gym at Shakes house. Sounds like my kinda place :D

Got the PM, thanks. I'll be in touch soon.