PDA

View Full Version : USA Shaolin Temple...........in Aurora IL???????

Royal Dragon
06-12-2004, 07:24 AM
Morning all,
I was at this Aurora fest last night watching the Elvis impersonator do his show, when I saw three guys about 10-15 feet infront of me. One was wearing a "USA Shaolin Temple" warmup suit (You know, the red and white ones??). I was wondering if they were in town for a visit, or if Shi Yan Ming is looking to open a new location here in the Chicago area?

Anyone know??

If you're one of the guys I saw, I was the guy hanging all over the tall blond right behind you. :eek: :D ;)

MasterKiller
06-14-2004, 06:25 AM
Maybe they are just fans and ordered the suits. Shi Yan Ming sells clothes.

Royal Dragon
06-14-2004, 06:44 AM
Could be. They had shaved heads, and looked to be VERY poweful. They had a rather commanding pressance, kind of like a major professional athlete would have if you saw them just walking around. My daughter's freind Liz is the same way(commanding presence, not shaved head). She just made the olympic team for gymnastics. That's why I thought they were reps of his school, over local guys who like the cloths.

mortal
06-14-2004, 07:14 AM
There is no branch in that state. There is only one branch and that is in Austria.

Royal Dragon
06-14-2004, 04:55 PM
hmmmm, too bad, I was getting my hopes up.

Brad
06-14-2004, 07:52 PM
Only in Austria? What about all the other monks?

Royal Dragon
06-15-2004, 04:15 AM
USA Shaolin Temple is Shi Yan Ming's school, right?

MasterKiller
06-15-2004, 06:45 AM
Originally posted by Royal Dragon
USA Shaolin Temple is Shi Yan Ming's school, right? Correct-a-mundo.

richard sloan
06-15-2004, 08:14 AM
We don't have a red and white warm up suit that I am aware of.

Maybe this was just a local school that bears the same name.

Or maybe a student who hooked up their own threads.

bodhitree
06-15-2004, 09:14 AM
wayne and garth gotta new gig.

Shaolinlueb
06-15-2004, 08:03 PM
Originally posted by richard sloan
We don't have a red and white warm up suit that I am aware of.

Maybe this was just a local school that bears the same name.

Or maybe a student who hooked up their own threads.

rich, how long have you been with shi yan ming?

richard sloan
06-16-2004, 08:51 AM
couple of years now...

Shaolinlueb
06-16-2004, 09:43 AM
Originally posted by richard sloan
couple of years now...

how have his classes been? i heard he's real busy.

GeneChing
06-16-2004, 09:48 AM
...Shi Yanming gave it to me. In fact, I have shirts from almost all of the Shaolin schools in the USA. I wear them all the time. I'm not opening any branches. Let's not jump to any conclusions here, just because someone's wearing a shirt.

richard sloan
06-16-2004, 12:33 PM
SL- things are as they usually are, "intense" is a close word, lol...

Royal Dragon
06-16-2004, 04:46 PM
Gene, he wasn't just wearing a shirt, it was a complete warmup suit, on a guy who looked like he could take on an army, sporting a shaved head that had grow in a bit.

If he wasn't from Shi Yan Ming's school, I'd be shocked. I haven't seen anyone around like that before, and to see someone like that walking around at the Aurora fest watching and Elvis impersonator struck me as being really out of place.

I should have gone up and said Hi, but I was too busy hanging all over this tall Blond (Who not only didn't do me that night, but I caught her lying Two days later, and now it's over after only 3 weeks)

Shaolinlueb
06-16-2004, 07:05 PM
Originally posted by Royal Dragon
Gene, he wasn't just wearing a shirt, it was a complete warmup suit, on a guy who looked like he could take on an army, sporting a shaved head that had grow in a bit.

If he wasn't from Shi Yan Ming's school, I'd be shocked. I haven't seen anyone around like that before, and to see someone like that walking around at the Aurora fest watching and Elvis impersonator struck me as being really out of place.

I should have gone up and said Hi, but I was too busy hanging all over this tall Blond (Who not only didn't do me that night, but I caught her lying Two days later, and now it's over after only 5 weeks)

see man kung fu > tall lying blonds.

you should have known. :D

Royal Dragon
06-17-2004, 05:42 AM
LOL!!!!!

richard sloan
06-17-2004, 09:13 AM
Well RD, the fact remains we don't have warm up suits like that, lol...

Must have been home made.

We do have a few students in the Chicago area who fly in from time to time...maybe one of them tweaked a track suit.

If the guy was built like a brick sh it house I think I know who you might have spotted.

Royal Dragon
06-20-2004, 05:19 PM
I wish I had my company digital on me at the time, I'd post the pic of him. Maybe your man has a small local underground club here? You know, the kind common to the Chinese arts where skills are practiced in local parks and such by small groups?

mortal
06-21-2004, 08:16 AM
Hey Rich

That guy still trains? Is he getting better? It would be interesting to see someone that big, good at shaolin. Fierce.

He was a real cool guy too.