PDA

View Full Version : Tyson vs. Bob Sapp

dodger87
06-12-2004, 09:15 AM
http://www.weekender.co.jp/new/040506/sports-k1.html

I'm a bit disappointed that they chose Sapp to face Tyson rather than someone like Cro-cop or Aerts.

Kristoffer
06-12-2004, 10:06 AM
or LeBanner

CD Lee
06-12-2004, 11:49 AM
The fight will be a sick mismatch. Tyson will take him out with a lead overhand right which he has thrown a million time, usually at the start of each round. Sapp is just too slow to stop it.

IF.......that fails, then the wicked Tyson left hook to the body will kill Sapp for sure. I don't see how Mike could lose this one, and anybody can loose.

CaptinPickAxe
06-12-2004, 12:10 PM
I'd love to see Tyson KO Sapp with a Roundhouse to the face....only in dreams...only in dreams

Mr Punch
06-12-2004, 04:03 PM
This story has been going round since maybe Oct last year, when Tyson finally signed the K1 deal.

It obviously hasn't gone smoothly, and I'm not gonna hold my breath because another hack is trying to resurrect the story. I hope it hasn't gone smoothly because Tyson is stalling to get some kicking training in. I'm guessing it hasn't gone smoothly because he doesn't wanna fight a bag of ****e like Sapp.

Frankly it's embarassing. Just picture it; a world class pro at anything being asked to be in the same room as a muppet like Sapp. It's when seppuku transcends boundaries of anachronism and culture to present itself as a viable option for disgraced fighters in the 21st century.

LOL at the words 'charismatic' and Sapp in the same sentence! Is American TV really that much of a desert!? Number of TV appearances as an exotique doesn't qualify someone to be called charismatic, any more than it qualifies them to be called a fighter.

I was impressed when Sapp learnt a couple of low kicks. I was bemused that anyone who was supposedly serious about K1/Pride learning those kicks in a traditional kick-in-the-air karate kata factory. I don't know if Sapp was trying to reach out the hand of international friendship and respect to the traditions of the Japanese or if he was generally so misguided by his managers in his choice of school. He could have been being quite sincere and showing his depths, but in Pride and K1 MA don't go any deeper than the mat!

I was also impressed by his butt-scoot in one of his last matches (forget which one: don't follow him): of course he got beaten but he lasted longer than I expected. Turning to face his opponent in guard would have been a start, instead of lying there at his opponent's feet trying to cover his head from the kicks going in. I say I was impressed, but only in the same way as when a kid finally learns to tie his own shoelaces.

Chang Style Novice
06-12-2004, 10:31 PM
Yeah, I don't see anything good coming of this.

FatherDog
06-13-2004, 12:13 AM
If the fight's in July, it won't be Sapp - he's in Vancouver filming "Elektra".

http://www.sherdog.com/news/news.asp?n_id=1725

rubthebuddha
06-13-2004, 12:46 AM
hm. since natchios is the greek word for "nachos," then the movie must be good, according to rubby's chicks and chips formula:

jennifer garner + nachos = pure goodness

however, any movie that casts bob sapp as the leader of a group of ninjas (i thought they were supposed to be quiet and agile? :confused: ) is a bad idea.

then again, any movie that casts bob sapp is a bad idea.

Kristoffer
06-13-2004, 04:38 AM
That puny dumb chick that played Electra should be stoned to death. Greek, my ass

dodger87
06-13-2004, 08:01 AM
Originally posted by Kristoffer
That puny dumb chick that played Electra should be stoned to death. Greek, my ass

That SEXY puny, dumb chick that played Electra.

IronFist
06-13-2004, 11:47 AM
I don't really follow this stuff. Is Tyson finally going to fight in K-1? Will he learn how to kick? This will be awesome no matter who he fights.

IronFist
06-14-2004, 03:49 PM
bump

rubthebuddha
06-14-2004, 10:10 PM
screw sapp or tyson. has lebanner's forearm healed properly?

Kristoffer
06-15-2004, 06:10 AM
I hope so

IronFist
06-15-2004, 08:51 AM
What happened to his forearm?