PDA

View Full Version : Weng Chun Sab Yat Kuen Form

VingDragon
06-12-2004, 07:13 PM
an old presentation (http://photos.imageevent.com/vingdragon/dmr/vingkuen.mov) Right Click to Save Target As...

Enjoy!!! :)

VingDragon
06-15-2004, 07:15 AM
My intention is to share with you my old materials - not to become a famous. I don't care about it

Jim Roselando
06-15-2004, 07:52 AM
Hello,

Interesting set!

Question?

I noticed there is a movement that shows up in the set a few times. Its like a lifting elbow where the hand sweeps behind the head! May I ask what is the name of this action and what would be a typical usage?

Thanks again and thanks for sharing!

Regards,

VingDragon
06-15-2004, 08:07 AM
:) I don't remember excacly a chinese name of it - I know it looks funny, but it is a elbow hit in short range (there is 5 different applications of that move)

Jim Roselando
06-15-2004, 08:12 AM
Hello,

Appreciate the reply!

It does not look funny to me! We have something very similar in Leung Jan's Koo Lo teaching.

Would you use it or anything other than Short range elbow hit?

Thanks again!

Regards,

VingDragon
06-15-2004, 08:19 AM
We have something very similar in Leung Jan's Koo Lo teaching
nice, very nice :) Would you use it or anything other than Short range elbow hit? It goes usually as a elbow hit, but sometimes as a arm control in chi sao, also as a self defense technique (back fingers hit) into opponent eyes.

Jim Roselando
06-15-2004, 09:37 AM
Hello,

Thanks for the info. and best of luck with getting some training partners in N.Y.. I have loads of family in Brooklyn/Queens/Long Island etc.. Maybe we will meet someday!

I have spoken with Andreas Sifu a few times and his art seems very interesting. I saved the footage of GM Tang Yik performing Pole onto my computer. Simply wonderful!

Regards,

VingDragon
06-15-2004, 09:46 AM
Maybe we will meet someday! It will be my pleasure to meet other Wing Chun lineages :) I'm open minded person

PS. I hate a cults and their rules :D

Jim Roselando
06-15-2004, 09:50 AM
Hello,

Question?

Are you the one performing the set?

Regards,

VingDragon
06-15-2004, 09:58 AM
Yes, it's me - 12 years ago :D

Ultimatewingchun
06-15-2004, 05:58 PM
VingDragon:

When I click onto the link nothing happens....

VingDragon
06-15-2004, 06:10 PM
Windows Users: Right Mouse Click to Save Target As... and then download

or Mac Users: Click and Wait for Downloading a Site

I don't know what to say more, everything works properly

Phenix
06-17-2004, 11:01 AM
Hi VingDragon,

Thanks for the great sharing. Great Set! Great Job!

Watching it again, a thought pop up.

Years ago, some one who practiced Weng Chun claim that the Sup Yap Kuen is equavalent to Cho family preserve SLT passed down from the Yik Kam of Red Boat.

Well, it is not. It is a very different thing.

Sometimes, people makes equavalent without understand the theme, the big picture, and details components and certainly cant avoid jump gun big time.

Phenix
06-17-2004, 12:13 PM
Originally posted by Ultimatewingchun
VingDragon:

When I click onto the link nothing happens....

Victor,

you need to have window xp and software viewer upgrade.
my older window me only let me heard the sound track too.

It is agreat clip. VingDragon did a great job worthed for you to update those movie viewer program to look at VingDrangon's good work!

Andreas Hoffman
06-17-2004, 02:43 PM
Phenix,

In my Chi Sim Weng Chun family the Weng Chun Sap Yat Kuen is totally different, too.
In Siu Lum Chi Sim Weng Chun Sap Yat Kuen we are working more on the "Yin" side and we have different sections and techniques. For example, we use in Sap Yat Kuen Biu Chi to activate the Yin Meridians and not the Yang Meridians. Also we use more a empty chest and we are exercising a special bodywork: Lok Bok- Jam Chang etc.
I have private video tapes from Malaysia about the cho family wing chun. And I see a lot of similarities to our family Weng Chun Sap Yat Kuen. But this is another thread.

VingDragon
06-17-2004, 02:54 PM
so now we have the answer: one form but many different performances, one style but many different aplications ...

which one is the best?

kj
06-17-2004, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by VingDragon
so now we have the answer: one form but many different performances, one style but many different aplications ...

which one is the best?

Mine! For me that is.

:eek: [Gasp ... Did she really dare say such a thing?!?]

Sorry. I couldn't resist! :D Back over to you guys ...

Regards,
- kj

VingDragon
06-17-2004, 03:25 PM
mine, too off course :) :) ;)

PaulH
06-17-2004, 03:28 PM
Did you see St. Bruce's SLT? It beats all styles in existence! =)

Phenix
06-17-2004, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by Andreas Hoffman
Phenix,

In my Chi Sim Weng Chun family the Weng Chun Sap Yat Kuen is totally different, too.

In Siu Lum Chi Sim Weng Chun Sap Yat Kuen we are working more on the "Yin" side and we have different sections and techniques.

For example, we use in Sap Yat Kuen Biu Chi to activate the Yin Meridians and not the Yang Meridians. Also we use more a empty chest and we are exercising a special bodywork: Lok Bok- Jam Chang etc.

I have private video tapes from Malaysia about the cho family wing chun. And I see a lot of similarities to our family Weng Chun Sap Yat Kuen. But this is another thread.

HI Andreas,

How are you?

There are lots of things in Cho family art today.

it ranges from Choy Lee Fut to Bak Mei to Hunga to even influence from Yip Man Wing Chun Kuen , and there are SLT sets being produce in the past 10 years where I have no idea what it is even when I watched others'collection such as Robert Chu or Rene's collection. So, I dont know which set you refer to. and I probably has no idea about those sets.

What I explain to Robert Chu and you about the ying medirian in Robert's home years ago and in various post in the forum is just a small introduction section and very general view. After you left, I transmit the full set to Robert in the past few years including the snake body enginee...etc since I am not practicing this lately anymore.

BTW, Yik Kam's WCK Biu Chi activate both the Yin Meridians and the Yang Meridians. it is very different from as what you mention on the above post where "we use in Sap Yat Kuen Biu Chi to activate the Yin Meridians and not the Yang Meridians. "
In the view of Yik Kam's lineage If it exist for only sole yin or sole yang it goes extreme that is against the Jung/center/balance...

I did those Ying meridians explainantion years ago as the first step to the explaination the whole picture. Yang also activated while biu jee since we live in a duality world. where Ying Yang govern. In the Yik Kam's SLT or MIu soon's SLT point of view, otherwise, it is a not balance art and it violate the core phylosophy of Jung/ center/ balance. which is the core phylosophy of Chinese martial art and internal archemist. where we have successfully trace this to its mother art.

On the other hand, The Yik Kam's snake body engine and the power generation have their own signature where it is easy to spot by the wing chun old timers.

for example, Ken ( sifu Ken Chung) while we met, is a great experience sifu who recognize what I am doing eventhough we come from a different lineage and I move differently. I believe YM's lineage and GM Leong Sheong has the same stuffs as Yik Kam's. not to mention GM TST's research into the Lap Nim....clasical esoteric subject of Wing Chun.

So, one can spot even if the Cho decendent have the Sum Faat or not while doing SLT . one can "see" in thier set about the transmission or purposely cover up to not let other see thier art.

Thus, what is the engine of a system can be checked refer to the sum faat not to the shape or move.

By the Book of the Sum Fatt from Yik Kam. I would like to say very certainly, Weng Chun and Yik Kam's wing Chun using a different type of core engine. The core engine of Yik Kam snake body...etc is from emei and white crane of Fujian. Thus, Weng Chun and Yik Kam's WCK are a different art eventhought they have a great probability co-exist art from the Red boat. both are respected great art but different.

Since there are lots of details where Robert and I has gone through the full set and the Kuen Kuit after you left. I would not expect you to be able to identify between Yik Kam set and other set be it in the same family or other style with the same move.

The path toward Jung with medirians and esoteric buddhism as you know is not simplified. and esoteric buddhism and medirians expert is related to Miau Soon from Sze Chuan or Yik Kam's ancestor, so that is how complex or simple it is. Thanks to my late sifu GM Cho Hong-Choy and lots of people working with me including Robert and Rene. This myth of Yik Kam SLT has been decode so it no longer a myth. And the facture evident is there ---- Emei and White Crane. So, I see there is no need for me to be blur about what can be released to the public. Since your art is from Shao Lin and mine is from Emie/fujian, my view is it is a time for embrace the different existance. This 30 years project of mine has been summarized and concluded years ago.

The above is what it is. And I believe both Chi Sim Weng Chun and Yik Kam's wing chun are great art. Each view at life in a different angle. But both is great. One from Shao LIn one from Emei/fujian.

Hope we all three will meet again and have great time in LA. I heard you have a great nice Jagua car lately! great job Wong Fei-Hong! Keep up the great work of transmitting Weng Chun!

best regards

BTW. I am travelling so I might not be able to reply for the next few weeks.

Andreas Hoffman
06-18-2004, 04:14 AM
Phenix/Hendrik,

I remember our nice meeting. You are right with the Yin and Yang balance. My example was in comparision with the demonstration of the Sap Yat Kuen of Derek. If you travel in future to Europe you are welcome to visit me here in beautiful Bamberg.
Have a nice trip !

VingDragon
06-18-2004, 11:28 AM
hmm, everything is beautyful, words, philosophy of Yin Yang etc... but it is only theory taken from the books ( Xing-I, Baqua, TaiChi or Yiquan)

I'd like to know how it works in real street situation?

Phenix
06-18-2004, 06:23 PM
Andreas,

Thanks.
I am in transit . Talk to you later.

Take Care.