PDA

View Full Version : How to relax...

greyseal
05-31-2001, 04:31 AM
One of the biggest problems that I have is being tense when I do tan sau, kwan sau, and bong sau. Any tips on how to relax the shoulders and neck? Did anyone else have this problem? It kills my shoulders to repeatedly move them. :confused:

Martial Joe
05-31-2001, 04:45 AM
Well try breathing certain ways.Try brething in your nose with your mouth open with your toungue touching the roof of your mouth.And then breath out your mouth.You will feel more sunk.Make sure it comes from the stomach.Your stance will be more sunk also.You will feel like there is more weight on your quads.Try that and get back here and tell me if you feel any different.

jameswebsteruk
05-31-2001, 12:06 PM
Ensure that your shoulders are not pushed forward, this is a common problem with most people. You naturally want to create a barrier, so you subconsciously push your arms forward.

Having your shoulder slightly out of vertical alignment with your body causes more muscular strength to be used, and makes your shoulders ache.

greyseal
06-05-2001, 04:44 AM
The breathing and the shoulder positioning seemed to work really well. For the first time while doing pak sau, I didn't have to stop and shake out my shoulders 50 million times. Thanks! :D

Martial Joe
06-06-2001, 04:46 AM
Share this method with everyone you come across with relaxation problems.And remember that it doesnt only have to be wing chun.Good luck homie...