PDA

View Full Version : M.e.

Chen
06-15-2004, 07:38 AM
Has any one had any experince of treating some one with M.E using TCM. Any thoughts from a TCM what the diagnosis would be. Any points that you would suggest??

thanks

Chen

Pakmei
06-16-2004, 05:51 AM
M.E. from a TCM point of view is really dependant on how the M.E. was first triggered or came about.

From experience working with patients with M.E. they all seem to develop from having a bout of the flu thatwasn't treated correctly.

So this could mean that the pathogen is latent in the body, which would create heat causing stagnation and depleting the Spleens energy and function. Obviously there will be different signs and symptoms for each individual, however the condition does seem to be focused around the Spleen's energy and function in creating after heaven Qi and blood.

One patient that I treated with M.E. resonded extremely well when I moxa'd (moxa stick) Sp6 - San Yin Jiao. A change in dietary habits was also introduced to the patient which enhanced the treatment.

You'll find that M.E. patients will have more energy about them, if they cut out products that has gluten in them i.e. bread, pasta, etc.

Most of all, the patient has to want to get better. A couple of my patients just feel that I have to do all the work, and hey presto they'll be free from M.E. Unfortunately it doesn't work like that!

Hope that helps. Maybe some others will be able to expand on this further.

Dave

Chen
06-16-2004, 09:40 AM
Thanks, that was really helpful.

I treated the patient today, and that was pretty much what I thought.

I may consider Moxa next time too.

Thanks for taking the time to respond.

Chen

herb ox
06-16-2004, 10:02 AM
I apologize for not knowing exactly what m.e. refers to - specifically are you (all) referring to myalgic encephalomyelitis as it relates to chronic fatigue syndrome?

thanks

herb ox

Chen
06-16-2004, 01:25 PM
Yes I was refering to myalgic encephalomyelitis.

Any input on the subject is appreciated.

chen