PDA

View Full Version : kung fu fights

travelsbyknight
06-15-2004, 11:20 PM
Which two kung fu masters would you all like to see get together and go at it? Knuckle to Knuckle. Earth punch to fu non choi.

Hmmm? Let's have it.

If king kong and godzilla could fight, if freddy kruegger and Jason Vorhees could fight...then is it that inconcievable that two kung fu masters of legend could have a televised fight? Ok, the fight doesn't have to be televised and the two fighters don't have to be legendary but they do have to be known.

I'd like to see William Cheung versus Robert Chu.

I know, I know. I'm childish. Indulge me.

Popeye's dad
06-15-2004, 11:31 PM
Bruce Lee Vs. William Cheung

travelsbyknight
06-15-2004, 11:49 PM
The contestants have to be living!

Popeye's dad
06-16-2004, 12:12 AM
Leung Ting vs William Cheung

canglong
06-16-2004, 05:11 AM
travelsbyknight,
A Masters time is valueable if you had a choice of watching one fight or expanding your own knowledge with conversation over tea and dim sum would you still prefer to watch a fight.

S.Teebas
06-16-2004, 06:10 AM
Originally posted by canglong
... if you had a choice of watching one fight or expanding your own knowledge with conversation over tea and dim sum would you still prefer to watch a fight.

Probably the fight (I dont drink tea) . Who's to say watching a master fight would or would not expand your knowledge anyway.

KingMonkey
06-16-2004, 06:25 AM
I think you could learn more by watching them fight. I cant be bothered to link to the old thread but some while ago there was a clip posted of two reknowned (at the time) 'masters' having a fight. It was described, quite accurately I believe, by the sage Ernie as looking like 'two drunk gay guys arguing over who'd stolen the others make-up'.

I'm sure however if you had sat down and had tea and dim sum with either of those two losers they would have been full of 'good' advice.

Far too much bullsh*t in tma's. You cant bull**** your way through a fight.

yuanfen
06-16-2004, 08:17 AM
Isnt there a JKd list for you JKD folks?

KingMonkey
06-16-2004, 08:31 AM
Grow up

Ernie
06-16-2004, 08:49 AM

isn't ther a tai chi forum for you those that fear a broken nail or that got forbid they might have to hit some one ha ha ;)

just think you could sit there and talk each other to death

i would like to see any of these so called master get in the ring with a pro boxer

and just see if they can really pull of there game

old jong
06-16-2004, 09:06 AM
Originally posted by Ernie

isn't ther a tai chi forum for you those that fear a broken nail or that got forbid they might have to hit some one ha ha ;)

I suggest you find a Tai-Chi place where they do it all the way.Yes,there are places like that!...Go try your boxing!

Ernie
06-16-2004, 09:27 AM
i once sparred a [ tai chi master ] from hong kong ,he was introduced to me at my old gym by the current tai chi instructor . she was telling me how the flew him in to show the real deal
mind you this is a boxing and thai gym as well as a regular work out place .

she asked me to glove up and give him a try

he was very watery and could absorb as soon as i shuffle kicked him in the balls and then thigh kicked him he went down in pain like all regular mortals , it's just dry land swimming bro
once pain kicks in
all that fancy $hit goes out the window

i will give him credit after we were done he aske me to show him what i hit him with he was a real good person , just mis guided about combat

sihing
06-16-2004, 09:36 AM
LOL, funny you say that you would love to see either of these two men( Ting and Cheung) get into the ring with a pro boxer. Now would that be fair? Neither of these men are pro fighters that train 6 to 8hrs a day, so of course the boxer would have the advantage, but I would presume to say that in their younger years either of these two masters would give most anyone a run for their money. If I recall Cheung did spar with a well known boxer from the NY area, the boxer was quite impressed with Cheung and started to incorporate some of WC technique's in his training. The funny thing is Cheung is busy on his seminar tours and such so I don't think he has a much time to train like this boxer does, plus the fact that Cheung was quite a bit older than this man too. Hey how about we set up a street fight with either man and Sugar Ray Lenord, who do you think would win? I know where my money would go.

I find it funny that people on this forum constantly do things like this. Some old master writes a article about some subject and someone else says he would love to see that master compete against some professional athelete, makes me laugh. Professional means what? To me it means full time, no other responsibilities, just practicing and training. Most of the famous masters of today are not professional fighters, they are promoting their respective system/style and teaching their students.

Sihing

old jong
06-16-2004, 09:40 AM
O.K!...You're the greatest!...:D